“Pleasant Surprise”

Ranked #30 of 66 Hotels in Baltimore
Baltimore, Maryland
“Pleasant Surprise”
Reviewed 14 May 2012

I was unfamiliar with this Hilton brand before my stay. Boy was I impressed. I called ahead of time and spoke with the general manager as I would be making reservations for 2 rooms on the saturday (5/12) of Mothers Day weekend. As my mother and family were coming into town we would have to coordinate multiple checkins with 2 seperate credit cards, processes which in the past have been absolute trainwrecks at other hotels. Not at the Home 2 Suites by Hilton. The staff there were so accomodating and courteous and really helped to make an otherwise confusing and hectic check in process infinitely more manageable and were patient and friendly with us from the moment we all stepped in the door. Being from out of town the front desk staff (Marlon, Briz, Jerrod, and a few others who's names I can't recall- but all the staff working 5/12 and 5/13 have my utmost praise and respect) recommended a wonderful seafood resteraunt and even offered shuttle service there. Afterwards we went to see a rock opera of the highest caliber and returned later to our rooms, exhausted but happy from an evening of great dining and entertainment- the best Baltimore had to offer. I must say that the linens, mattress, and bed in general were decadent to say the least. I got a great nights sleep, and was ready to hit the city again the next well rested to continue to part 2 of the mothers day extravaganza that was unfolding in Charm City. The front desk staff was able to inform us about the Walters Art gallery exhibits and directed us to the top of the street where the "Circulator" a free green bus was able to take us to the museum. Upon our return we were checked out and our awesome Mothers Day trip came to a conclusion.

I reccomend this new brand of Hilton and this hotel in particular to anyone coming into Baltimore whether for just a night as we did or for a longer trip. As the young gentlemen upfront were explaining that this particular hotel brand can cater to people planning on staying for a long extended stay as well (think gov't contractors, doctors, etc.) It has a very chic, hip feel and would definitely make for a cool appartment. The area itself is very cool with lots of great places to eat and little shops to check out as well as museums and monuments all within walking distance. The staff was friendly, fun, courteous and seemed genuinely interested in our well being from Aaron who was able to answer many of our questions all the way to Darren, the young guy cleaning our rooms who greeted us with a huge smile as we left. All in all we had a great time, and staying here really helped to make this a special Mothers Day for my mom and our family. All I can say is keep up the good work and next time I visit Baltimore I will definitely be making my reservations for the Home2 Suites!

Room Tip: Both rooms that my family stayed in were great, both seemed the same in terms of layout/ammenities...
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank LG0nzalez

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (123)
Reviewed 9 May 2012

The hotel is brand new, and super clean. The position (downtown Baltimore) is excellent and close to everything and anything one might want to do: the neighborhood is full of good restaurants. :) I am going back to Baltimore in a week and I can't wait to stay at this Hotel again! A+

• Stayed February 2012
1 Thank Shanilo
New York
Reviewed 4 May 2012

I got bumped from the Hilton, Inner Harbor, and instead they offered me.... the Home 2 Suites. Same price, but a world of difference. It just looked like a local, seedy joint where undesirables might hang out. The Front Desk staff were ok, not overly friendly, but not bad. Nasty, small elevator and really ugly rooms. The bedspread and linens were so wrinkled I was afraid to sleep on them. I put things over it, so that I wouldn't have to let it touch my skin. To add insult to injury, they wanted to charge $25 a day for parking. I was already paying almost $170 a night for the dump! Be very careful! Just because it has Hilton attached to it doesn't mean it meets the standards of most Hiltons.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
3 Thank NewYorkRmack
Telford, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 30 April 2012

Clean hotel and very friendly staff. We traveled with our 6 month old and it was great! The hotel is not too far to walk to the Inner Harbor, and when we did not feel like walking, the Charm City Connector (free shuttle) has stops right by the hotel, we hopped on and went to town. The kitchen (fridge, dishwasher, microwave, and sink) in the room was great for washing bottles and keeping the baby food cold. It was nice to be able to store leftovers from dinner too in the fridge. We used the hotel crib (pack and play) and it was very new and clean. The breakfast in the morning was just ok, bagels, yogurt, etc - but it was free, and that works fine for us! We would definitely stay again with our litle one. One thing to note though - the bathroom has a stand up shower (no bathtub), so we had to bathe the baby in the sink. Not sure how to handle if the baby was too big for sink and was not able to use the shower yet (just a tip for those traveling with slightly older kids).

Room Tip: I recommend using a king size bed suite if you will need a crib in the room.
1 Thank Leslie T
North Carolina
Reviewed 29 April 2012

Great value - clean, updated. Great for families with children. There was a fold out bed in our room. Nice to have a small kitchenette. The staff was attentive and patient with our little one.

Arlington
Reviewed 19 April 2012

I spent one night (10 April) at this hotel to be nearby for an early morning appointment. When I arrived the exterior looked like a youyh hostel or a homeless shelter wpeople milling around outside the front door. The check in went well, the clerk was pleasant and helpful. The one way street outside was full so I had to use "valet" parking. My room was almost clean, the bed/bedding was clean but the floor was in need of vaccuming and it was not stocked with towels. The longer I stayed, the more I noticed. I found jelly beans, shredded paper and crumbs in various areas of the room. As I checked the bathroom I found hair from previous occupants in the shower. Luckily for me, I carry Lysol disinfectant cleaner in my bag. During the night I heard what sounded like garbage trucks and other noises throughout the night. Checkout was an unpleasant experience with a confused and frazzled young trainee working the front desk apparently alone. Other employees were out searching for cars that had been "valet parked", previously. At that time I was told that I should have called 30 minutes before I needed my car. As I waited I watched kitchen staff/cooks(?) come to the lobby to hang out. One look at their clothing and hair and I was so glad that I had not partaken of the "free breakfast". I do realize that this may have been a "one time" situation but I will think twice about staying at this particular location.

Room Tip: Make sure the parking lot is not below your window.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank MsVerde
Niles, Illinois
Reviewed 17 April 2012

A good value. Updated and clean. Near many attractions.
Breakfast could use a little more variety but still a good feature to have.
Nice and friendly staff.

Room Tip: Choose a doom on a higher floor to avoid traffic noise. 8+