“Great Stay and Great Hotel!”

Home2 Suites by Hilton Baltimore Downtown
Ranked #32 of 67 Hotels in Baltimore
Reviewed 25 January 2013

We recently stayed in this hotel about 2 months ago! From the moment we walked in, the hotel was very modern, up to date, very clean and refreshing. The front desk staff was extremely friendly and we have no complaints about them! Then we were checked in and headed to our room. The room was outstanding to say the least. From the modern fixtures and decor to the extremely large bathroom! One of my favorite features!! The bathroom felt like an extra room, it was that big! The room was very clean and we had no issues. We especially loved the blackout curtains just in case we needed to take a nap during the day! I loved the fact that your right in the heart of Baltimore and it was a great easy walk to Inner Harbor! I have no complaints about the hotel, it was very friendly, clean and modern hotel. I would defiantly stay at this hotel and plan on doing so in the future!

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 23 January 2013

We got an incredible deal on this hotel (about $70 a night) through Expedia's secret hotels and it was well worth it, though it's probably much more expensive normally. The lobby and room were beautiful, modern, and clean. The room included a stove top, microwave, pots and pans, utensils, basically anything you'd need for a long term stay. The breakfast was the best hotel breakfast I've had. The food was on the cheaper side(like all continental breakfasts) but the choices were great.
The harbor is only about a 10-15 minute walk away. There's also plenty of places to eat or grab a coffee nearby. Unfortunately, there were quite a few homeless people around the alleyways surrounding the hotel, but I guess that's just Baltimore. It felt safe, but I wouldn't go for a walk in the area past 10pm.
If you can snag a good deal, I would definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 23 January 2013

If you do not need to bring your car go to Homes 2 Suites and have a great stay. The train station is not far away. It is on the charm city circulator bus line and taxis are abundant. However, if you need to park think twice. Of course it is a city hotel so you have to pay $25 to park well this is expected. However, Pleasant street is a very steep one way street where you head down. I stayed in this establishment and parked initially on the street. There are meters that are not in effect after 6 pm. However, I began to get concerned that someone would rearend me so I decided to park in the garage. They do not have a designated parking person and so any employee who is available parks the cars. The next morning at 6 am I asked for my car to be ready at 7 am. My car had not been brought around. They sent 2 people out to find it and finally it was brought around at 7:30. Luckily I was not late for my meeting. While I waited I watched them bring several cars around. One person got into their car and again because the street is on a hill, while I watched that person hit the car in front of them. No damage to either car but the person hit the car and kept on going. This was m initlal concern and I got to see it happen before my eyes. There is some parking on the cross street which is a flat surface. There is also a public garage about a block up and you could park and walk.
I asked the employees if they could give suggestions for restaurants and they could not. So my negatives for this facility was parking and employees knowing what is around them. Otherwise, it is a very nice functional facility.
There is an exercise area, a place to wash clothes. 2 blocks away is a fresh and green that is a combination grocery store and food carry out place and they have great carry out food at reasonable prices. i got shrimp salad for 9.99 a pound.
The beds were comfortable. The room was excellently cleaned. The bathroom had neutrogena hair and bath liquid shampoos in a dispenser in the shower. I loved the room. The kitchen area was great. Full size refrigerator, microwave and you get get an electric one burner hot plate to cook on. There were cooking and eating utensils. It was reasonably priced and I like the colors in the room and the "modern" style of decorating.
I would definately go there again once I came up with my parking stratgedy. I would not park on Pleasant street nor park with Homes 2 Suites staff.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 21 January 2013

The room was clean, staff was friendly and helpful . It was an enjoyable stay . I have read some complaints about the rooms being cold ....well I turned on the heat from auto to on and it was nice and warm, also I did not have any trouble with the hot water in the shower. It's about a ten to fifteen minute walk to the harbor which would probably be more enjoyable in the spring and summer. I also suggest staying on the main road and not walking back roads during the night. But overall a nice stay.

• Stayed: January 2013
Reviewed 21 January 2013

I liked this hotel. The kitchen is great. We were only there one day so we didn't really use it but it is great if you are staying multiple days. Bathroom was nice. The bed was confortable. The breakfast wasn't really that great. By the time we got down there at 8:15 there was nothing really left. Also on my floor there was a party which we could hear but not too bad. I would stay there again though. The location was great and the rooms were nice.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
HomeTwo B, Manager at Home2 Suites by Hilton Baltimore Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 22 January 2013

Mibar4,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. I am glad to see that you were able to enjoy the kitchen in our rooms. Each and every one of our rooms are designed specifically for you to feel right at home!

See you next time you are in town!

Christopher Snyder

Reviewed 20 January 2013

I wanted to love this hotel. I really did. Great decor. Great layout. Warm greeting checking in. But the condition of the room left a bit to be desired. When we first arrived, we were marveling at the room decor when we noticed there was a plastic takeout food container left by a prior guest on the top of one of the shelves in the room. Yuk! Why didn't the housekeeping staff remove this? And in the kitchen area, both doors under the sink were off their hinges. They literally fell off into our hands when we tried to access the trash can under the sink.

We were woken up in the middle of the night on Saturday due to the noise of other guests in the hallway and adjoining room.

There was much to like about our stay. I offer the above constructive criticism in the hope that management can double down on some issues to improve the customer experience going forward.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Scooter1111Maryland
Reviewed 19 January 2013

I went to Baltimore for an interview and two friends came with me. We had a blast exploring the Mount Vernon area and the staff was very nice assisting us with directions and suggestions. They had a shuttle that went to Johns Hopkins Hospital. The room was very spacious with a kitchen, pull out sofa, and full bed. There was a divider curtain that could be pulled out between the bed and sofa if need be. Would stay here again.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with friends