“Excellent!”

Ranked #24 of 66 Hotels in Baltimore
Boston, Massachusetts
“Excellent!”
Reviewed 13 April 2014

Great place for business folks. Easy access and centrally located! My friends were concerned for my safety at first, when I told them that I need to visit Baltimore Downtown often. However, the Hotel2 is a great place for female travelers. I would repeat, only if the price was little cheaper!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Michelle K
EliasThompson, General Manager at Home2 Suites by Hilton Baltimore Downtown, responded to this review, 19 April 2014
Dear,

Thank you so much for choosing the Home2 Suites as your hotel of stay during your past trip to Baltimore. I am delighted to read that you found the hotel’s location convenient and most of all safe. We truly appreciate your patronage and will look forward to serving you again should your travels bring you back our way.

Elias Thompson

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (121)
Reviewed 11 April 2014

Very Nice facility. We really liked the kitchen amenities. Large microwave and a full sized refrigerator and a dishwasher. Also, we were glad they had free internet access. The location was perfect...right next to the harbor and within walking distance of some great restaurants and sights.

Dear Mr. C,

Thank you so much for sharing such a positive review of your most recent visit to Baltimore on TripAdvisor. I am truly delighted to read that you enjoyed your room, the hotel’s location, and the amenities the hotel has to offer. We will look forward to serving you again should your travels bring you back our way, hopefully very soon.

southeastern US
Reviewed 11 April 2014 via mobile

Love the decor, friendly staff, reasonable breakfast. Very comfy. Don't count on the bus line to get anywhere fast...that every 10 minute schedule is more like every 30. About 15-20 minute walk to Convention Center. In an ok area, no views. A little hard to find, but well worth it!! Price is great. No beer/wine sales in local convenience stores, being from out of state, I was surprised that I couldn't grab a bottle of wine on the way in from the airport...just an FYI!!

Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Lovestotravel1989
Dear Lovestotravel,

Thank you so much for choosing the Home2 Suites as your hotel of stay during your recent visit to Baltimore. I am delighted to read that you enjoyed the hotel’s location, its décor and overall design. Thank you for recommending our hotel. Your patronage is highly valued. We will look forward to welcoming you, hopefully in the not far future.
P.S. Being from Oklahoma myself I find the Beer/Wine thing a bit surprising also. ;)

Eagan, United States
Reviewed 9 April 2014

The rooms ventilation was extremely loud and never seemed to shut off. Even though I had changed the temperature on the thermostat it never changed the temperature in the room, for 5 days! It would be appreciated if the hotel at least had a shuttle option to the airport, trying to get up at 5 am and have a decent taxi is difficult. The water temperature was unbearable! it was either ice cold, or boiling; i showered at a collegues hotel so that i didn't have to try and get through another one at this hotel. I understand that they're trying to be environmentally concious and save money, but the shampoo dispenser was gross. It took at least 5 pumps til i even got a drip to come out, and when i pulled my hand back it had black hair on it- my hair is blonde and that was the first shower taken in our room on our first day. Also you don't even offer conditioner! My hair is long and tangles without it; you really should go back to having individual bottle of shampoo, conditioner, and body wash- it's more sanitary. I also read that during the week you only do 'light' cleaning, and then you clean everything on the weekends. My shower wasn't cleaned once, it had shampoo drops on the floor and when i ran out of soap i didn't get another one. Also your breakfast variety was disappointing...2 plain options for donuts, only white bread, only one kind of breakfast syrup for waffles, and only plain cream cheese. My stay was ok, but definitely not what I was expecting to recieve.

1 Thank Danielle D
EliasThompson, Manager at Home2 Suites by Hilton Baltimore Downtown, responded to this review, 19 April 2014
Dear Traveler,

Thank you for sharing your feedback of your most recent stay with us. I regret to learn of the numerous inconveniences you encountered throughout your visit, especially with regard to the lack of amenities in your suite and the unfortunate issues with room ventilation. Your feedback is a valuable tool for our continued pursuit of perfection. Regrettably, these valuable lessons have come at your expense. We will certainly address your concerns internally and will look forward to another opportunity to properly serve you should your travels bring you back to Baltimore.

Apologetically,

Hotel Manager
Manhattan, Kansas
Reviewed 6 April 2014

There were three of us staying here for 3 nights while we were attending a conference at the Convention Center. We stayed in a queen bed room with the fold-out couch. (I was on the fold out) Of course, no fold out is as comfy as any bed, but that is to be expected. I still slept just fine. Blankets/sheets were all fresh and clean (including the comforter, which can be sketchy)

The room was big enough for all of us and we had no complaints at all. The only one "issue" we had was that one morning we couldn't get hot water. However, the hotel was FULL of conference attendees and it was 6am. Meaning prime time that most were up and getting ready. Which probably isn't very common.

The staff was the best part! We needed conditioner, extra blankets, and shuttling to the Convention Center (Only when it was raining and we didn't want to walk). We received anything we needed and they were always very welcoming, helpful and friendly.

1 Thank Melinda P
Dear,

Thank you for choosing the Home2 Suites as your hotel of stay during your trip to Baltimore. I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your suite and the overall hotel’s amenities. We truly appreciate your kind remarks pertaining to our team, especially service team. Your comments are an inspiration to our continued efforts to meet and exceed our guests’ needs and expectations. On the other hand, I regret to learn about the inconveniences you encountered with the hot water. I have addressed your concerns with the director of maintenance for internal review and appropriate action. We use all feedback to insure that we don’t experience the same issues with future guests. We look forward to welcoming you back.

Buffalo, New York
Reviewed 6 April 2014

The street address (East Pleasant) is so fitting and reflective of my overall experience at Home2 Suites Baltimore Downtown. Spacious and hip room, bright friendly lobby, standard but good free breakfast. Basement exercise room and laundry are descent for the class of hotel. Location was a doable walk to Inner Harbor and Convention Center. Free bus line is available for those inclined to take it easy. But walking is nice and relatively safe day or evening. Best of all was the very friendly and helpful staff. Linita must live there herself because she seemed to be present 24/7. I looked forward to her greeting every day of my extended 7 night stay. And she reflected to overall attitude of all the staff there. What a difference happy people make when you're traveling! Overall, a very "pleasant" experience on Pleasant Street.

Room Tip: I believe all rooms are similar. I had a rooms with a king size bed, which was very comfortable. The...
Dear Merlodm,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your candid feedback of your most recent visit to the Home2 Suites Baltimore. It gives me great pleasure to read that you enjoyed your suite and the amenities in your room. Thank you for your kind remarks pertaining to our service team and specifically mentioning Mrs. Linita as she is our anchor that holds down our front desk team. It gives me great pleasure to read that you found the staff to be friendly and that we were able to contribute a little to your city fun. We truly value your loyalty and will look forward to welcoming you back, hopefully in the not far future!

Reviewed 4 April 2014

Very convenient location. Great Staff. Great place. Visit Johns Hopkins regularly and have stayed in many Baltimore hotels. This was the best for the price. Great JH discounts and reduced parkng costs. Short walk to Inner Harbor.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear 586lawrencer,

Thank you so much for sharing such a positive review of your most recent visit to Baltimore Maryland on TripAdvisor. I am truly delighted to read that you enjoyed your room, the hotel’s location, and the amenities the hotel has to offer. Thank you for your kind words pertaining to our service team. We will look forward to serving you again should your travels bring you back our way, hopefully in the not far future.