“Neighborhood favorite”

Ranked #121 of 2,016 Restaurants in Baltimore
Price range: US$10 - US$15
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub, Balti
Good for: Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Bar Scene, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff
Neighbourhood: Canton
Baltimore, Maryland
“Neighborhood favorite”
Reviewed 23 July 2014

I want good food and a comfortable atmosphere, me and my husband go here. Friendly staff, excellent food, great beers, great specials, and a quick walk away from home. Always our go to place. Love it! Best addition to the neighborhood.

1 Thank Elizabeth G

Great Mills, Maryland
“Been going here for 4 years- we drive over an hour and a half!”
Reviewed 22 July 2014

OMG- This place is awesome!! We first found it almost 5 years ago. We drive about an hour a 45 minutes to go there- or go anytime we are in Baltimore. The atmosphere is awesome, the décor is awesome, and the service is awesome. The first time we went my daughter was visiting from college and we were trying to find somewhere to take her- she loves Poe and we'd heard about the Annabel Lee. We arrived at around 7pm- the place was PACKED because is was Edgar Allen Poe's birthday- we had no idea. We were told we had at least an hour wait- which we replied we drove almost two hours so we would wait. It was well worth the wait. The Duck fat fries are awesome. I told my son they were the best fries he would ever eat- he didn't believe me. He was visiting me after college- so we took him to the Annabel lee, and he said to Kurt- the owner- "You've ruined me, I will never be able to eat regular fries again. And Kurt remembers our name every time we go- and he remembered my sons name after over a year asking me how he was. Awesome food, awesome people, awesome atmosphere, awesome food!!

• Visited April 2014
Timonium, Maryland
“Awesome neighborhood tavern”
Reviewed 22 July 2014

Small, friendly, and fast paced with excellent food. We have never been disappointed in the menu and the quality of the food. The guys behind the bar really hustle! Good beer selection. Love the Edgar Allen Poe theme, quaint environment, neighborhood friendly. Can be very busy, Call Ahead for reservations on weekends. Had the Chicken spinach wrap and Blue Cheese Coleslaw. Love they have Resurrection on tap! Quick service, helpful staff.

Valparaiso, Indiana
“Worth the Trip”
Reviewed 17 July 2014

What an amazing experience in this quaint place. Our server, Jeannie was amazing! Very attentive. The food was delicious. While other reviews raved about the crab dip flatbread, we felt it lacking in flavor. Everything else was delicious. The crab stuffed shrimp was excellent with a large amount of lump crab. The fish tacos were perfect. The duck fat fries were indulgent but worth every calorie. A must try when in the area.

Phoenix, Arizona
“Wow those duck fat fries are delicious”
Reviewed 2 July 2014

This place is really small and really unique. We sat at the bar since there were only 3 of us. The beer and speciality drink selection was awesome. We had the duck fat fries as an appetizer. I don't usually say things are delicious but they certainly were worth every calorie. I had the Annapolis chicken sandwich with sweet potato fries. Both were very good. The 2 people I was with really liked their salads and one of the specials for the day. I would highly recommend searching this place out. It is worth your time.

• Visited June 2014