“Pinch me..it was like a dream...”
Review of Falling Rock

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Farmington
Falling Rock
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Farmington
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Pinch me..it was like a dream...”
Reviewed 1 December 2013

My husband and I just returned from a two night stay at Fallingrock. We arrived on black friday and upon arrival were greeted with a festive glass of champagne. Our butler was called and she showed us to our luxury room with balcony overlooking mystic rock the golf course. The view was amazing and there was a lovely carpet of fresh snow on the ground. Friday was light up night and there was lovely holiday decorations and events to enjoy. One the best parts was the outstanding service we had from butler Mike. When I told him I like a soft pillow, he selected two from the pillow menu that we so much softer. Mike was a delight bringing coffee, tea, and juice in the morning and also running the most luxurious bath for me with candles and rose petals floating in aromatic water. There is a bath menu and it is quite comprehensive. I have traveled before, however I have never had the luxury of a pillow and bath menu to choose from. For any couple out there looking for the ultimate romantic place to go, then go to Fallingrock. It is quiet, small and exclusive. We are married for 32 years, however going to Fallingrock made me feel like I was in my twenties again. With all the beauty of the resort, it inspires us to want the best out of our lives. I feel so happy and renewed after my luxury weekend there. How great is it to have a door bell on your room? If you want privacy, you merely place the tassel on the door.It is perfect for couples and adults. And if you are adventurous, there is a hot tub outside by the infinity pool that is always open for late night soaks.The resort is very exclusive and worth every penny.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank earsey2

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Frederick, Maryland
Reviewed 27 October 2013

Imaging perfection..romance, an immaculate and stunning property with incredible views and comfort beyond belief! Thats Falling Rock.

We stayed here for 2 days for our 24th Wedding anniversary in a beautiful spacious balcony suite. Walked in and were welcomed with a wonderful bottle of Pinot Noir from a winery we visited in Santa Barbara CA.by chance, as an anniversary gift and a lovely card. What a nice surprise.

The suite offers a large balcony (where we ate breakfast), gas fireplace, wonderful deep soaking tub, huge shower, comfortable living space and the BEST and most comfortable bed ever (In addition to the large wonderful bed (complete with a "pillow menu" to fit anyone's needs), the room is well-lit and designed with a flowing floor plan,WiFi, and plenty of power outlets around the room.This is our favorite local place to go and relax and feel pampered. Our butlers, Brian and Tommy took great care of us from unpacking, bringing our meals to the room, and drawing a perfect, lovely bath with rose petals and candles. It's truly an experience of a lifetime. Our housekeeping girls did a great job and kept our room impeccably clean and full of towels and toiletries. The hotel was booked, but if felt very private. It was nice and romantic. We went horseback riding which was great. The girls that took us understood my slight fear and made the trip great. Exploring the property of Nemacolin was so much fun. We would just hop on the bus and it took us all over and I got some fantastic pictures! There is truly everything you can imagine here (except for a beach which one reviewer pointed out), but who needs a beach when you have so much beauty around you and so much to do. We had lunch by the infinity pool while we sat out and read. It was so relaxing and the food was great. We were hoping to go golfing, but decided not to because one of the days it was raining....So, we headed to their excellent SPA and both enjoyed the "Mystical Massage" which we had them incorporate hot stones....truly perfect!!! The next day I enjoyed the "Spa Sauna Body Bliss" which I would recommend to anyone. It was blissful. I can't wait to go back. We decided to check out their Casino since this was new from the last time we stayed here. It was a blast! I normally don't feel comfortable playing blackjack (in vegas) I just get nervous that I'm going to do something wrong and mess up some ones game. We had all newbies at our table and had so much fun and I learned so much. Falling Rock, and Nemacolin in general is over the top accommodating, from the door men, bus drivers to the SPA and waiters at Aqueous. They really work hard at having you feel welcomed and comfortable. We are looking forward to bringing our kids and our grandson this summer so we can all enjoy this place together. I know my grandson will enjoy the wildlife Zoo they have and so many other activities (the Old fashioned ice cream shop for sure!) All I can say is you can't go wrong with any property at Nemacolin, the staff and property is 5 star all the way! Warm cookies and milk in the evening is a very nice touch. Awesome job people!!! Thanks for a wonderful 24th wedding anniversary trip!

Room Tip: King Balcony suite facing golf course. Can't beat it!
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Marla57
State College, PA
Reviewed 24 October 2013

We stayed here for a 3 day getaway in a beautiful two room suite. The suite had a lovely porch overlooking the 18th hole of Mystic Rock golf course. The living room was artistically decorated and had a gas fire place. The bath had a great four head shower and a large deep tub. Service was "over the top" between the service from our butler and the nightly turndown service.

This hotel is convenient for playing golf. It is quiet and away from the other activities at Nemacolin. Very nice pool, but it was closed when we were there.

Van transportation was readily available to head for the spa or other restaurants.

Small fitness center in Falling Rock. Larger fitness center is available in the spa building.

Room Tip: Recommend room on top floor with a balcony overlooking the golf course.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 August 2013

If you want the experience of a lifetime, especially if you are a golfer, be sure and stay at the Falling Rock resort at Nemacolin. My husband and I celebrated our anniversary there and though it was pretty pricey, was worth every penny. We are so glad we paid more and stayed at Falling Rock rather than the Lodge or the Chateau, these were more family oriented. And the fact that we played at Mystic Rock, made it even more convenient.

Be sure and utilize your butler service - have them unpack your bags, draw you a nice scented bath, etc. They are great!

Falling Rock has this amazing infinity pool. If you are staying at the Lodge or the Chateau, you won't be able to use it. That's another reason we chose to stay here.

Women golfers - Mystic Rock is the most beautiful, yet woman friendly golf course I have ever played. The women's tees are over 2,000 yards closer than the men's blue tees.

We also tried the target shooting which is down the road from Nemacolin and had a great instructor named John. It was a blast.

One of the highlights of our weekend was experiencing a "body polish" at the spa. It was awesome! Two weeks later our skin still feels great!

Also, there is a casino, which is right around the corner from Falling Rock, we could see it from our balcony. It's nice because there is a non-smoking section.

Last but not least, we ate dinner at Aqueous, which is right in Falling Rock. Best steak my husband has ever eaten!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Kwegs
Delaware, OH
Reviewed 12 August 2013

Rooms and property are beautiful. Service was spotty. Front door team was delightful. Housekeeping, not so much. Left our room at 8:30 a.m., back at 3:30 pm, had not been cleaned. Then they came at 4 pm for the turn down service. Hmmm. Also not sure what part of "can I get the cookies gluten free?" didn't they understand.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Ace2202
Erie
Reviewed 30 July 2013

You cant go wrong at any of the properties within Nemacolin. The accomodations, staff and services are 5 star. Treat yourself to msomethibg special, visit Nemacolin. Webvisited for 4 vdays in July, our weather was not suoer sunny but there is so much to see and do!

Room Tip: Any of the properties are fantastic....there are alsomcondos and townhomes for a more relaxed visit...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank kimwhalen
Tustin, California
Reviewed 25 July 2013 via mobile

During a corporate event, servers were huddled in a cluster out of sight of the guests. They rarely, if ever, offered refreshing a cocktail or glass of wine. Had to be tracked down to get anything. The facility is great, and service is good when they are very busy. But when it is slow, service is lackadaisical. Should be much better. Room is very nice, but frigid and tough to control hvac. Warm cookies and milk in the evening is a very nice touch. Wow, is it a long way from Pittsburgh!

Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank KARXPRT
Also consider these accommodations in or near Farmington
Hampton Inn Uniontown
Cobblestone Hotel & Suite - Connellsville
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Hazelton/Bruceton Mills
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Donegal
Nemacolin Woodlands Resort & Spa

Been to Falling Rock? Share your experiences!