“Anniversary brunch”

Price range: US$110 - US$360
Cuisines: European
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Lautrec truly is one of the finest dining experiences in the country. Having been awarded both the Forbes Five-Star and AAA Five-Diamond awards for 2014, Lautrec is only one of 28 restaurants in the world to hold both a Forbes Five-Star and AAA Five-Diamond award simultaneously. Lautrec's culinary style is influenced by European cuisine. Using the finest ingredients found locally and internationally, Chef Butterworth and her team carefully prepare ingredients with whimsy and comfort in mind, to create a truly unique and approachable Five-Star / Five-Diamond dining experience. The menu is a prix-fixe format which welcomes guests to create their own four-course menu. Guests looking to opt out of decision making can rely upon Chef Butterworth and our resident Sommelier's evening recommendations and dine from our seven-course Chef's Tasting menu. Caviar, champagne and a selection of artisanal cheeses are offered a la carte to heighten the experience. Options for a Vegetable or Vegan Tasting menu are also available. The word "experience" is used frequently when describing Lautrec, because the Tasting Menu format, rich atmosphere and exceptional customer service lend itself to an evening of gastronomical entertainment rather than an evening meal.
Buckhannon, West Virginia
“Anniversary brunch”
Reviewed 24 November 2013 via mobile

Our 33rd anniversary we had the Sunday brunch. Crab claws, filet of beef, quiche, waffles, eggs made to order and glorious desserts. The staff new it was our anniversary and chef created a nice greeting! So wonderful. Wish I had a bigger tummy.

Baltimore, Maryland
“Excellent dinner, but wish some options were more affordable”
Reviewed 28 October 2013

We had a great meal, no doubt, and the service was very good. My hen of the woods mushroom salad was the highlight for me - many interesting flavors popped up with every bite, and I have never had a mushroom that tasted quite like that. Our main courses (scallops and sea bass) were also excellent.
My only complaint was that I wish they had some more affordable choices for the champagne by the glass or the after dinner drinks. Both started at a minimum of $50 a glass. How about having at least one option for $20 a glass? I still consider this extravagant but would be willing to pay it. At $50 a glass (minimum!) its just crazy extravagant. Not all people who want to dine here are super wealthy.

• Visited October 2013
Augusta, GA
“Fine dining at it's best and most expensive”
Reviewed 13 October 2013

This restaurant is beautiful. The atmosphere is perfect. You can see the menu and hear your dining companion talk. Our server was very theatric but made the experience extra special. I splurged on a glass of Champagne before dinner, and I thnk I had the cheapest of the three at $50. There is also a flight of caviar if you would like before dinner. There is a prix fixe menu with four courses or a tasting menu with about eight. I am a chef and knew what everything was and was able to tell my husband. If you are the average Joe, you would have to ask many questions of your server. I understand that the chef is the only female 5-star/5-Diamond female chef in the country. That's a big coup for Nemacolin if it's true. Her plating was very creative, and the portions were good size. We especially loved the intermezzo which was a pumpkin soda in a tiny bottle that looked like a Coke bottle with a paper red and white straw. It was made in house and a fun break from sorbet. My two complaints about this meal are that I am goat cheesed/balsamic vinegared to death. Amuse bouche was heirloom tomato with goat cheese and balsamic reduction. There was goat cheese in MANY of the selections. My other complaint is that the food was overpriced for what we got. They made our evening special since we were celebrating an anniversary, but I have had better fine dining experiences for far less money.

Visited October 2013
Hershey, Pennsylvania
“Brunch Review”
Reviewed 30 September 2013

The Sunday brunch had the potential to equal the incredible brunch offered by "our" Hotel Hershey, but the "hot" dishes just weren't. They were lukewarm at best, and our party of six was so disappointed. For 42.00 we expected more. Everything else was absolutely wonderful. We did share our concern with management, and were offered an alcoholic beverage as compensation, but we declined.

• Visited September 2013
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Our Compliments to the Chef!”
Reviewed 25 September 2013

My husband and I had a five star, five diamond dinner by the marvelous Chef Kristin. She is amazing and because she love truffles, we had wonderful dishes with truffles fit for a king. Everything was beautifully presented and our waiter Terry was incredible also. We can't say enough about the dinner experience, and it really is an experience. I highly recommend that everyone have a dinner like this at least once in your life!

• Visited March 2013