“My go-to place in Savannah!”

Whitaker-Huntingdon Inn
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Savannah
Whitaker-Huntingdon Inn
Ranked #21 of 31 Savannah B&B and Inns
Chicagoland
“My go-to place in Savannah!”
Reviewed 16 September 2013

With my son attending college at the Savannah College of Art and Design, I've traveled several times a year to this beautiful city. I discovered the Whitaker-Huntingdon Inn on my very first stay in 2010, and have made repeated visits since then for so many reasons....

For starters, Bill and Debbie Saxman have been the innkeepers here for many years, and they live right on the premises. They have maintained their beautiful building -- their home -- meticulously, both on the interior and exterior. They are warm, caring, and accommodating folks. Any special requests? They do their best to deliver! (For me, it's half-and-half for my morning coffee. And it's always there in the fridge.)

The inn faces Forsyth Park, which is a peaceful oasis and a visual feast! Being mere steps away from the park, I've enjoyed strolling down the paths, sitting by the famous fountain, and people watching. There are also concerts from time to time, and it's great to take in the music and the gathering of people from the community.

Restaurants, shopping, galleries, and museums are all easy walks from the inn. If you have a car, the inn offers free street parking, which is readily available. (Another plus!) And if you've walked to the riverfront or City Market and don't feel like making the walk back -- as I've found several times -- pedicabs are always around to provide a pleasant, open-air ride back to the inn.

By far, my favorite thing about the Whitaker-Huntingdon is the comfort and spaciousness of the rooms. Correction: they are not rooms, but 2-bedroom suites with full kitchens, tables to dine at (or do work), and full baths. Huge! High ceilings. Big windows to let in the light, with magnolia trees in immediate view. Beautifully decorated and furnished with antiques and period furniture. Super comfortable... Plenty of towels... Whenever I stay at the inn, I feel completely indulged and relaxed.

I also have to say, the rates are very reasonable. This inn is an amazing value. I am now in my fourth year of visiting Savannah (yes, my son is now a senior), and I am a loyal fan of the Whitaker-Huntingdon Inn. I've never even considered staying at another inn.

This is my go-to place in Savannah!

Room Tip: The second-floor suite offers beautiful birds-eye views of Forsyth Park, right across the street.
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Joyce W

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Rice Lake, Wisconsin
Reviewed 30 March 2013

We stayed here for four nights. It was lovely! One looks out on beautiful Forsyth Park and its majestic fountain. We liked having breakfast breads, cereals, juices & fruits all conveniently available in a kitchette for our use when it suited us. All the wonders of Savannah are just outside the door, as is parking (definitely a concern in crowded downtown Savannah). We stayed here in 1995 and were so glad Bill & Debbie Saxman continue to offer the best of Southern hospitality to those fortunate enough to choose their historic (c.1883) property for a visit!!

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank kit s
Sacramento, California
Reviewed 23 March 2013

We've stayed at the Whitaker-Hunnington Inn several times, and we're going again this spring. The owners -Bill and Debbie - make you feel right at home. Their B@B is charming, clean and so comfortable. What a beautiful property, and right across the street from one of the best big parks in Savannah. Huge historical fountain, stately trees and acre after acre of wonderful walking. Plus Savannah is just a great little city with so many places within easy walking distance from the B@B, so many parks, historical old mansions, river, good music, friendly people, and plenty of great places to eat and check out. This B@B is a great place to serve as the home base in a relaxing, beautiful, historical, artistic, and tree-filled town. We leave missing the place already.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Craig C
Connecticut
Reviewed 20 March 2013

We stayed in the separate apartment attached to the main house over the 2012 Christmas Holiday. Bill and Debbie were very knowledgeable on what to see and where to dine. Great hosts. The separate apartment was spacious, well appointed and equiped. Nice breakfast food, too. The location was right on the park and all areas of Savannah were easily accessed. This is THE place to stay if you visit Savannah.

Room Tip: The separate apartment is off the main concourse and quiet. But the rooms in the main house are ver...
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Italia2005
Lumberton, NC
Reviewed 3 March 2013

My husband and I travel to Savannah at least six times a year. This is the first time we have felt like we experienced the a complete Savannah experience. The Inn is beautiful located adjacent to Forsyth Park. Host Bill Saxman was very gracious. The accomodations were very spacious and we enjoyed our stay. We highly recommend it!

• Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank SEVicki
Forest City, North Carolina
Reviewed 29 January 2013

What a Wonderful B&B. My wife and I decided we needed to get out of town for a couple of days. I didn't tell her where we were going, just that it would be warmer than it was at home. I had no idea that we would find a home away from home when we got to Savannah. The Whitaker-Huntingdon Inn is a wonderful place, our rooms were very spacious and clean. The kitchen was stocked wonderful breakfast treats. ( the orange-cranberry cookies were sooooooo good ) What a wonderful idea to put a separate kitchen in the rooms. Go to bed when you want, sleep as long as you want, get up when you feel like it, and eat breakfast on your own schedule, absolutely marvelous. The Inn is located just across the street from the big fountain in Forsyth Park. We would fix a cup of coffee and walk into the park to enjoy the morning. If Your Going to Savannah and Looking For A Great Place To Stay, Whitaker-Huntingdon Inn is the place. Bill was a wonderful host and treasure trove of info about Savannahs history, and the culinary scene of the locals. We did not get to meet Debbie because she was a little under the weather but we are looking forward to meeting her on our next trip.

Oh and one more little tip, Clary"s for breakfast ( or lunch ) and the Crystal Beer Parlor for dinner.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank David_Heather
Pompano Beach, Florida
Reviewed 18 December 2012

Stayed there recently for a girls' weekend with my mom, sister and aunt. The inn was clean, lots of sleeping and bathing space, and a full kitchen. Nice owners, lots of sightseeing information, right on Forsyth Park. We are already planning our trip back.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with family