“Girls getaway”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Savannah
Whitaker-Huntingdon Inn
Ranked #20 of 30 Savannah B&B and Inns
Orlando, Florida
“Girls getaway”
Reviewed 10 March 2014

This is a wonderful B&B, it was a girls getaway. We had a 2 bedroom suite witch was wonderful. Bill in innkeeper was very accommodating, would ask us did we need anything. Having breakfast food and snacks available in our kitchen was wonderful, Would stay again.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Sunflower-5775

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Cortland, Ohio
Reviewed 26 January 2014

We stayed at this inn prior to our daughter's wedding in the Fall. For the wedding we moved across the park to where the reception was held. Had I known beforehand how nice these accommodations were I would have just stayed here! The location is ideal for walking in the park or to the historic area and the owner was a fine southern gentleman who had many interesting anecdotes about Savannah. The on-street parking presented no problems and we always had ready access to the car. Considering the location the price for the rooms was very reasonable. We have visited Savannah many times and this was my favorite place to stay.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank bighouse321
Concord, North Carolina
Reviewed 16 December 2013

Despite the rainy weekend, our annual holiday shopping girls weekend was a huge success thanks to the warmth of our innkeeper Bill Saxman and the spacious suite at the Whitaker-Huntingdon Inn. Great location and lots of helpful insight made our excursion delightful. Bill couldn't have been more accommodating and it was lovely having a little kitchenette stocked with goodies to wake up to every morning. Will definitely be returning again and soon!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank debiking
Windermere, Florida
Reviewed 21 October 2013

Met a friend in Savannah for a girls' trip. The Whitaker-Huntingdon was the perfect Inn. We stayed in the Gordon-Stewart Suite, which has two large nicely furnished bedrooms, a bath to share and a well stocked kitchen. Having the breakfast food and snacks available in our kitchen throughout the day was wonderful, because we could do things on our own schedule. After long walks and lots of shopping, the Whitaker-Huntingdon was a wonderful place to come home to. We will definitely stay here again and again.

Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank Cindy B
Tampa, Florida
Reviewed 8 October 2013

Traveling with a friend for a "girls' weekend" in beautiful Savannah. This inn is a great value - we had a suite with 2 full bedrooms, 2 full baths, a lovely parlor (with wide-screen TV and free Wifi) and a full kitchen. Even though the inn is on Forsythe Park, which is very popular and busy, the suite was on the side street, so it was quiet and private. Convenient location, congenial and informative hosts, free parking (not that we needed the car once in town). We would go back for sure!

Room Tip: The Taylor Dunn suite was very comfortable for 2 adult women. And you can't beat the convenience...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank Arlene Z
Chicagoland
Reviewed 16 September 2013

With my son attending college at the Savannah College of Art and Design, I've traveled several times a year to this beautiful city. I discovered the Whitaker-Huntingdon Inn on my very first stay in 2010, and have made repeated visits since then for so many reasons....

For starters, Bill and Debbie Saxman have been the innkeepers here for many years, and they live right on the premises. They have maintained their beautiful building -- their home -- meticulously, both on the interior and exterior. They are warm, caring, and accommodating folks. Any special requests? They do their best to deliver! (For me, it's half-and-half for my morning coffee. And it's always there in the fridge.)

The inn faces Forsyth Park, which is a peaceful oasis and a visual feast! Being mere steps away from the park, I've enjoyed strolling down the paths, sitting by the famous fountain, and people watching. There are also concerts from time to time, and it's great to take in the music and the gathering of people from the community.

Restaurants, shopping, galleries, and museums are all easy walks from the inn. If you have a car, the inn offers free street parking, which is readily available. (Another plus!) And if you've walked to the riverfront or City Market and don't feel like making the walk back -- as I've found several times -- pedicabs are always around to provide a pleasant, open-air ride back to the inn.

By far, my favorite thing about the Whitaker-Huntingdon is the comfort and spaciousness of the rooms. Correction: they are not rooms, but 2-bedroom suites with full kitchens, tables to dine at (or do work), and full baths. Huge! High ceilings. Big windows to let in the light, with magnolia trees in immediate view. Beautifully decorated and furnished with antiques and period furniture. Super comfortable... Plenty of towels... Whenever I stay at the inn, I feel completely indulged and relaxed.

I also have to say, the rates are very reasonable. This inn is an amazing value. I am now in my fourth year of visiting Savannah (yes, my son is now a senior), and I am a loyal fan of the Whitaker-Huntingdon Inn. I've never even considered staying at another inn.

This is my go-to place in Savannah!

Room Tip: The second-floor suite offers beautiful birds-eye views of Forsyth Park, right across the street.
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Joyce W
Rice Lake, Wisconsin
Reviewed 30 March 2013

We stayed here for four nights. It was lovely! One looks out on beautiful Forsyth Park and its majestic fountain. We liked having breakfast breads, cereals, juices & fruits all conveniently available in a kitchette for our use when it suited us. All the wonders of Savannah are just outside the door, as is parking (definitely a concern in crowded downtown Savannah). We stayed here in 1995 and were so glad Bill & Debbie Saxman continue to offer the best of Southern hospitality to those fortunate enough to choose their historic (c.1883) property for a visit!!

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple