“Great except for the pool”

Holiday Inn Express Savannah Airport
Ranked #61 of 114 Hotels in Savannah
Reviewed 28 January 2014

The hotel is in a great location and easy to get in and out of. The service there was great as well. The only down fall was that the indoor pool is not heated. The staff was very helpful in the fact that our family that was flying in to meet us got lost leaving the airport and they provided directions back to the hotel.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Express Savannah Airport

Reviewed 4 January 2014

We were on the highway heading back home from Florida and found the hotel right off the exit. We missed out the driveway to the hotel first at night time as it was not well lit and off the main road. The night manager was very professional and check-in was smooth. The king-bed room has a microwave, fridge and sofa sleeper, and the furniture is in good condition. The breakfast has a slightly larger selection compared to other hotels.
The noticeable problem is thin wall (as mentioned by other reviewers) when conversation in the hallway is easily heard.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Savannah Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 21 January 2014

Dear cdHmom,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. It's great to hear your positive feedback about your recent stay with us. I am delighted to note that you had a smooth check in experience and that you liked our room amenities as well as the breakfast selection. However, it seems that we failed to meet your expectations in a few areas. Please accept our sincere apologies for any inconvenience it may have caused you. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas and will help us improve for our next guest or your next visit.

Lera P
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 4 January 2014

Made a reservation for the night before we flew out, taking advantage of the Stay, Park and Fly special rate. Check-in was friendly and professional - even suggesting we plan to leave the hotel earlier in the morning just to be safe. Room was clean, spacious and quiet. Indoor pools available. Ample breakfast available in the morning. (No restaurant on site, but plenty of places to eat nearby) Shuttle to the airport delayed a few minutes but not a problem. Upon our return, the shuttle arrived to pick us up within 15 minutes of calling the hotel and dropped us off at our car in the hotel's parking lot. Will definitely use their stay, park and fly program again!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 24 December 2013

As many times as I have spent nights in the Holiday Inn Express-Savannah Airport, never has one disappointed me. From check-in to check-out everyone has been professional, caring and downright friendly. A "Glad to see you" attitude. Highly recommended for business or personal travel. Far enough off I-95 that highway noise is not noticable. Easy on-off to get back on the road for traveling or to meetings in Savannah.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 9 October 2013

We used Rewards points to book a king executive room for 2 nights on a trip to see Savannah and Tybee Island. The staff was friendly and treated us like we were paying full price. The breakfast was hot and fresh both mornings and even changed up the menu a bit. The room was very comfortable and was even reasonably quiet even though we were on 1st floor very near the entrance.
We were concerned that it might be too remote and have to travel a long way to see the sights and to get food but it was a very easy, fast trip to the historic district and there is a good variety of restaurants within .5 miles.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 September 2013

The only reason this doesn't get a higher review is because I didn't get to check out the entire hotel and because there are no real restaurants at this side of the exit. In any event, these reasons are not the hotel's fault - but I can only review what I experienced.

There are TONS of hotels at this exit - however, how did this many hotels go up without any restaurants at the same side of the exit?? Boggles the mind. Sure, you could go across to the other side - but that's just my pickiness.

The hotel is newer and front desk lady was very polite and expedient. I booked a King Bed Executive room and was quite impressed - it was large, clean, and well maintained. There's a sort of additional room with this that contains a decent sized couch and table. The bed was very comfortable!

I don't think there was too much difference in price between this and a basic King Bed room. If you are with family or just want some extra elbow room, then pay a couple of dollars more, you won't regret it.

I literally stayed here 6 hours. So, I didn't get the breakfast, or get to use the facilities, but judging by the rest of the place, I'm guessing they were nice too.

If I ever need to stay over near Savannah again (and am not planning on going to the Historic District), then this one is definitely at the top of the list.

Room Tip: King Bed Executive room type - you won't be disappointed
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 3 August 2013

Well, the storm was actually in Chicago ... but it led to my flight being cancelled since I was hubbing through there heading back to Toronto ... and my 'unplanned' stay at this site.

I often choose this brand when travelling alone or with my wife ... find it consistently very good.

So when I faced the wall of adverts at the airport after the flight was canned, I dialed up the Holiday Inn Express expecting "Sorry, we're full."

Instead "Absolutely sir, I have rooms. $109. Wait, you're calling from the airport? I have a 'distressed passenger' rate of $99 for you. Give me your name and I'll send the shuttle - give him about ten minutes."

"I know you don't have a resto on site ... anything nearby?"

"Yessir. There's a grill a very short walk away. A bar and grill ... and it's very good!"

Same super-friendly greeting when I arrived.

I wasn't actually 'distressed' by the way. Nothing anyone can do about this sort of thing, let alone the United Express agents who were actually taking heat from a couple of passengers on our former flight.

"Would you happen to have a King?"

"I certainly do, darlin'" (I've come to the conclusion that I must have arrived at 'that age' where folks start calling you darlin', hon' etc.

It happens at home.

And that's Canada! We don't talk like that!)

I digress.

Standard, very good quality room. Great sleep. Everything works. Free breakfast including some hot stuff.

And a discount coupon for that bar and grill, by the way!

Went to the desk in the morning to beg for a late checkout given I was rebooked mid-afternoon.

"Already don, darlin'. We have you in the room until 1.30 - that work?"

Highly recommended.

Room Tip: Ask for a King ....
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business