“Spring Break for my Daughter”

Wingate by Wyndham Savannah Airport
Ranked #44 of 113 Hotels in Savannah
Alpharetta, Georgia
“Spring Break for my Daughter”
Reviewed 9 April 2012

The staff was extremely nice (I will limit that to the front desk staff and one housekeeper who was nice enough to say hello). The room was not my usual Wingate by Wyndham room standard...the television was fuzzy and would never get clear. The housekeepers did not leave fresh towels or make the bed though I left the "queue" for them as the notecards in the room instructed me to. The people next door played their TV horribly loud, normally the walls of the Wingate muffles this out. Despite the cameras in the hallways, I guess no one saw the people running up and down the hallway until 3am in the morning huh? As much s Ilove Wingates, this one I will not be returning to.

Room Tip: Try picking a room on the top floor to eliminate anyone running ontop of your head.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
WingateSAV, General Manager at Wingate by Wyndham Savannah Airport, responded to this review, 27 April 2012
Thank you for taking the time for writing a review of the Wingate by Wyndham Savannah Airport. I apologize that we did not meet your expectations in regards to either accommodations or amenities. We have had issues with our cable connections and have since been able to rectify the situation as well as putting the proper staff in place at night to handle the noise. It is always advisable to call the front desk when you are encountering disruptive guests so the front desk can address the situation (I have had to do this myself when traveling). The cameras record the activity, but rotate on the screen for the front desk to monitor the multiple screens. We do hope that you and your daughter were able to enjoy your time in Savannah and your "girl time" together.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (90)
Charleston, South Carolina
Reviewed 5 April 2012

We loved our stay at this hotel and would highly recommend it. The staff are very welcoming and helpful, the location is great with a beautiful golf course view and only approx. 20 min. from Savannah's Historic District, good selection of nearby restaurants and stores. The rates are reasonable. Complimentary breakfast each morning that has most anything you would want hot or cold. Rooms are nice and clean with very comfortable beds. Laundry room clean and well kept. Can't imagine anyone being disappointed with this hotel.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
Thank you for reviewing the Wingate by Wyndham Savannah Airport. I appreciate the positive comments made in regards to both our staff and our service. We pride ourselves on being a member of the Wyndham family and feel that our location is ideal for visiting everything that the area has to offer. We do hope to have you as a guest again in the future and wish you safe travels on your next journey.
Brockville, Canada
Reviewed 22 March 2012

We choose this hotel as it was advertised as NEW - it is not new.
furniture was worn some carpets stained and dirty. We were disappointed. The location is not the best when driving.

Room Tip: Stay elsewhere
2 Thank Sansail
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of the Wingate by Wyndham Savannah Airport. I apologize that we did not meet your expecatations in accommodations or service. We pride ourselves on being the newest Wingate in Savannah and our dedication to service and standards. As with every hotel, there are some rooms that have had their share of wear and tear due to traffic. I can assure that we have a strict program in place for maintaining our rooms and will review the process to ensure that each room received the attention needed. Again, thank you for staying with us. It was our pleasure to have you as a guest.
NJ
Reviewed 4 March 2012

The good news is: The hotel is beautiful in terms of the decor -- my pet-friendly room on the 4th floor was so gorgeous, I didn't even want to sleep in it, much less my dogs (just kidding, but you know what I mean...you hate to even mess up the bed). Everything looks totally new and top-of-the-line (granite countertops, beautiful linens, flat-screen TV, heavenly pillows, etc. etc.). The grounds are pretty....the hotel is bordered by a lake that made a nice walking area for the dogs. The pool looks beautiful and there's a nice fitness center too. I got in too late and left too early to take advantage of the nearby restaurant or hotel breakfast.

Now the bad news: There was almost a disaster with my reservation. I was driving from Philly to FL and it was Day 1 of my trip. I called from I-95 to see if they had any rooms available when it became obvious I could get further than Fayetteville, where I'd originally planned on staying. Someone named "Cheri" (not sure of spelling) quoted me a rate of $84, and took my name, address, e-mail address and credit card number to hold the room. I asked if I needed a confirmation number and she said no. I didn't dispute it because I was driving and didn't have anything to write it down on, plus she had my credit card #, and oh, she said she'd e-mail me the reservation. Later, I called to make sure the room was guaranteed for late arrival...it had just seemed too easy to get a room there, and I was afraid they'd scam me out of the room....after all, I'd never heard of the Wingate and I sure never heard of "confirmation # not needed". Got Cheri again....she assured me the credit card was holding my room, no matter what time I got there.

After 13 hours of driving, I arrived at 11 PM. Couldn't find the place, because it's not visible from the road and is buried in a bunch of other hotels. So I get to the desk, and the girl says they don't have a reservation under my last name. WHAT??!!! Now I'm thinking maybe I called a different hotel. I verified their phone number was the one I dialed. I asked the clerk her name, she said "Cheri". I said YOU were the one I talked to! She said, "Oh well, it wasn't me because I'm sure I would've given you a confirmation number". Her attitude was, "Nope, no reservation under that name"....like, she was totally unconcerned about it. I was starting to freak out but she said not to worry because they had walk-in rooms open. That was beside the point -- what happened to my reservation??? I asked her to look under different spellings and she finally found me. And she admitted it was she who did the reservation. She said she had put it under my first name and last initial. Why, I have no idea -- I had even spelled out my last name using "A as in Apple", etc. How is that even possible to hold a reservation with an initial? (Also, I never did get the confirmation e-mail she said she sent.) She reduced the rate to $69 for my trouble. I didn't freak out on her but I sure felt like it.

I found it interesting that there is another complaint from a few months ago about an employee named "Sherry". Not sure if it's the same person. Anyway, it's just a good thing there was a room available, because I was ready to make quite a ruckus in the lobby. So if you use this hotel, don't fall for their loosey-goosey reservation method or you could find yourself sleeping in the car.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank AnnetteFun
WingateSAV, General Manager at Wingate by Wyndham Savannah Airport, responded to this review, 8 March 2012
Thank you taking the time to review the Wingate by Wyndham Savannah Airport. I apologize that your experience was anything less than satisfying. Our goal is to not only meet the needs of each and every guest we serve, but to exceed your expectations to make your stay as pleasant and comfortable as possible. I have addressed your concerns with all of our front desk staff to ensure that confirmation numbers are offered at the time of booking. Providing excellent customer service and a comfortable stay is our goal. We wish you safe travels and hope we have the opportunity to be of service to you in the future.
Virginia
Reviewed 27 February 2012

Very clean hotel, inside and out, even the stairwells are carpeted. We were in a room second from the end of the hall and never heard a sound, although the hotel was full. Fair price, used AAA rate. Great staff - I had inadvertently not checked the dates on my email confirmation for the online reservation, and had mistakenly booked for the next night. I discovered when I called on the phone to confirm about an hour before arrival. The check-in clerk (Debbie) quickly corrected my reservation and gave me a 2 bed room I had requested. Very dog friendly, we have a 70 lb. lab for which we only paid $25. We were towing a car on our way home from FL; so there was plenty of room in the lot to swing around and park. It is right behind Sam Snead's Oak Grill & Tavern, so we could walk there for dinner after a long drive. Beds comfortable, but I do wish all hotels would supply a light blanket, as well as a duvet. Bathroom nice with plenty of counter space. Liked the fridge and micro. Complimentary breakfast was good and well stocked, could have used a meat item to go with the eggs. Will return for sure on our next year's trip.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
WingateSAV, General Manager at Wingate by Wyndham Savannah Airport, responded to this review, 29 February 2012
Thank you for reviewing the Wingate by Wyndham Savannah Airport. Traveling the I-95 corridor is an experience and it is our goal to make your stopover a comfortable and pleasant experience. And being able to bring all members of your family, both two and four legged, on the trip makes the experience even more enjoyable. We do look forward to having you again as our guest and wish you safe travels in the future.
Florida
Reviewed 25 February 2012

Can say nothing bad about this place, Extremely CLEAN, not just the room but the overall hotel. Comforatable bed, thick towels, good water pressure in the shower and fast Internet. Breakfast included scrambled eggs and bacon along with the usual bagels, biscuits etc. There was a bus tour staying in the hotel the same day as us and still the breakfast was well stocked and area was kept clean.
Check in personell, (Cheri) was very nice and pleasant and gave us coupons for the restruant in front of the property. That was very good as well. Sam Sneads Oak Grill & Tavern.

I will be sure to stay at the property again.

1 Thank fog49
Thank you for taking the time to write such a positive review of the Wingate by Wyndham Savannah Airport. We are pleased to read that your stay met your expectations and that you had a memorable trip to Savannah, Georgia. We pride ourselves on being a member of the Wyndham family and strive to maintain an exceptional level of service and comfort. We do hope that your travels bring you back to Savannah, Georgia so we may be of service to you again.
Kutztown
Reviewed 16 February 2012

We discovered this motel from a billboard along Route 95. Ask for the billboard price when you get there. The motel was clean, the bed was comfortable, we had plenty of towels, and the price was excellent! It is definitely the perfect place to stay. The front desk staff was friendly and helpful. They gave us coupons for the restaurant near the motel. have no complaints and would stay here again. It was easily accessible from Route 95. Easy on and easy off.I

1 Thank lindun104
Thank you for giving the Wingate by Wyndham Savannah Airport such a positive review. We pride ourselves on providing a comfortable and friendly stay, along with an excellent value. We do hope that your travels bring you back to Savannah and that we will have the opportunity to be of service to you again. Many safe travels to you.