“New and Clean”

Ranked #41 of 113 Hotels in Savannah
Erie, Pennsylvania
“New and Clean”
Reviewed 14 July 2012

Only stayed here for one night but we enjoyed the hotel. The hotel overlooks a golf course which was a nice view. Room was large and clean. Air conditioning worked well. The only con is that the hotel is located near the airport and not that close to the downtown area. I'd say about a 15 minute drive to downtown Savannah. Overall, I highly recommend.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the golf course for a nicer view.
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
WingateSAV, General Manager at Wingate by Wyndham Savannah Airport, responded to this review, 21 August 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review the Wingate by Wyndham Savannah Airport. We appreciate the positive comments that you made regarding our hotel. Our location is inviting and it is a short distance from the Historic District of downtown Savannah. We do hope to have the pleasure of being of service to you on your next trip to Savannah. Safe travels.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (90)
Anchorage, Alaska
Reviewed 12 July 2012

Stayed at this hotel for a week in June and I must say I am impressed. We had a 4th floor room overlooking the pool and lake and it was very quiet and peaceful. We did not hear another guest the whole time we were there. The housekeeping staff were very pleasant and accomodating to our needs. The front desk staff also very well trained and were very pleasant to deal with. I would definatly stay at this location again on my next trip to Savannah. Clean, safe, affordable.

Room Tip: The 4th floor overlooking the pool was great. 2 queens in the room.
1 Thank Murrayak
Thank you for taking the time to review the Wingate by Wyndham Savannah Airport. We are pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay and that our staff is truly the definition of hospitality. We do offer a wonderful value with easy access to all that area has to offer. We look forward to being your hotel of choice the next time you visit Savannah.
virginia
Reviewed 9 July 2012

If I have to stay in a hotel again, it would be this place. We went there for a interview in savannah and we needed to search the area for places to live and Lacey was right there for us and told us some great areas to live. She even hug me before I left for she was just so cool and so helpful.
When it comes to customer service you can count on lacey and sorry I didn't get the other lady name but she moved there from Tenn and she was very kind. The rooms were very cold if you like it that way and it was very clean. Buffet breakfast was really good too.

Room Tip: I like the one right behind the office.. cause I was watching for my Grand baby to come visit me rig...
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled on business
Thank you for your review on the Wingate by Wyndham Savannah Airport. We appreciate the favorable review and that you appreciated the extra step that we take in providing true hospitality. We do hope that you find your travels taking you to Savannah in the future and that we have the opportunity to be of service to you again.
Toronto
Reviewed 8 July 2012

A quick call to the hotel brought the free shuttle to the airport for pick up. It was a fast and friendly ride to the hotel. My airline lost my luggage and the hotel staff offered to have the shuttle drop me off at department store close by so I could pick up some items. Everyone I dealt with was professional and friendly.

The room was clean and comfortable and included an in-room safe, free wifi, and a mini-fridge. The relatively small pool area was a little less well maintained, with a broken umbrella half open at one of the tables. The pool itself could be cleaner and the surrounded area included no side tables for the lounge chairs and no umbrellas for shade by the lounge chairs. However, the pool backs on to the edge of water from an adjacent golf course and that makes it a very nice location to lounge, considering the proximity to the airport.

There is a decent gym, vending machines and a free business centre with access to the internet and a printer. The room was large and comfortable, the beds were fine but the sheets were fairly thin.

The breakfast was good: a range of cereals, make-your-own waffles, some breads and limited fruit and some breakfast meats. I would pass on the coffee. There is a Sam Snead restaurant ($$$) a 2 minute walk away and this property is next to other similar types of hotels as well as a Wendy's and other fast food restaurants a short drive away.

Free local calls and free long distance access were very much appreciated since I was trying to track my bag all night.

The front desk staff and shuttle drivers get 5 stars. The property, with minor improvements, would deserve the same.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled solo
Thank you for taking the time to rate the Wingate by Wyndham Savannah Airport. Our unique airport setting is tranquil and inviting. I have taken your comments to heart and addressed them in regards to the overall maintenance of the pool and the surrounding area. We do hope that your travels find you staying with us in the future. Again, thank you for reviewing the Wingate by Wyndham Savannah Airport. Safe travels to wherever your next destination may be.
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed 24 June 2012

Hotel was nice but there were not up front about charges. They charge $20 a person for anything that may be charged to the room. They call it a soft charge and told me the money would be back on my card by check out. The total on my receipt when I booked the room said nothing about this and the front desk had no answer for this. This will be my last time I ever stay at a Wyndham Hotel. I have never been asked to pay this up fron since I already give them a credit card for any extra charges.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
, General Manager at Wingate by Wyndham Savannah Airport, responded to this review, 26 June 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of the Wingate by Wyndham Savannah Airport. I apologize that you did not have a satisfactory stay and we did not meet your expectations. In regards to the preauthorization for incidentals, there is notification of this at the front desk, the same location in which you fill out your registration information. I do wish you had contacted me as I would have worked with your bank to have your preauthorization removed. I am sure that you can understand the need for preauthorizing as people like the convenience of charging movies, sundry, etc to their rooms. Again, thank you for your review.
Savannah
Reviewed 24 June 2012

Hotel generally very good. However, breakfast leaves a lot to be desired. One severely over-worked staff member trying to cope with replenishing all the food and beverages. Only 1 waffle maker means you can wait 20 minutes to get one. Oh, if someone could think to provide a second one. Waited 15mins to get a bagel, then another 15 to get the cream cheese! Further delay to get cereal. Provision of second attendant would make life easier for guests, who have to fight their way through the lines of waiting people just to get a knife, then go to the
other end of the counter to get a spoon! Wingate you need to watch the chaos at busy times during breakfast and take some affirmative action.

Room Tip: Bring a book to read when you go for breakfast!
1 Thank Steve O
, General Manager at Wingate by Wyndham Savannah Airport, responded to this review, 25 June 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a review for the Wingate by Wyndham Savannah Airport. I appreiciate your valuable feedback and have taken your comments in to consideration. We do staff according to our occupancy, ensuring that we have enough attendants in place to service the expected occupancy. However, we have been experiencing an increase in occupancy overnight that has caught us off guard. We have taken precautionary action to ensure that our guests can enjoy their breakfast in an expedient manner.
West Palm Beach, Florida
Reviewed 20 June 2012

On our drive to N.C. we stopped over for the night we were presently surprised at this very clean, comfortable hotel right off the 95 it is also very close to the downtown area. Beds were comfy and breakfast was decent. evryone was very friendly. If you pick up a georgia discount coupon book at a gas station they had a coupon for $64 was well worth it. Will always stay at this hotel on our road trips to N.C.

Room Tip: get a coupon book at a gas station before checking inn
1 Thank flyinghighFlorida