“Very accommodating staff!”

Wingate by Wyndham Savannah Airport
Ranked #42 of 114 Hotels in Savannah
Reviewed 1 March 2014

I arrived at the Wingate at about 10 am after a long night of travel. I came to the hotel to see if I could drop my bags and if there was any chance of an early check-in (I was thinking they would possibly let me in around 1) To my surprise the manager heard me at the front desk, came out and moved some things around so that I could get into a room right then. The hotel was clean, bed was comfortable, staff was always extremely friendly, and conveniently located close to the airport. When I was checking out they again went above and beyond giving me late check-out. I will be staying here again on future trips.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Robin M, General Manager at Wingate by Wyndham Savannah Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 22 April 2014

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on your recent stay at the Wingate by Wyndham Savannah Airport! We are so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay.

R. Mawer

Reviewed 22 February 2014

When I arrived at the hotel I was shocked to fond that it was rated a two star hotel after I placed an bid on Priceline for a three star rated hotel. The room appeared to be nice and clean. I checked in late so I hurried and prepare my kids for bed only to turn back the sheets to find black dirt spots on them! I then turn on the flat screen tv, to find it was snowing! The screen was blurry and you could barely see the picture. I immediately contacted the front desk they young lady came to my room and brought more sheets, no new comforter or blankets. When I questioned her about the sheets and the tv she said that the sheets was all she could offer and that she wouldn't be able to do anything about the tv. After she left the room I contacted Priceline to inform them about the service and the reminded me that my reservation was non refundable! I told then clearly I'm not calling about my reservation! For Godsakes I'm in the hotel checked in! I'm calling because of the service, therefore I would like a refund! I have family in Savannah I could have easily stayed somewhere for free. I just wanted to make sure that my 6month old, 4year old and 17year old were comfortable for the 1 night we were there. (We were there for a my daughters 1st college audition at Armstrong University) after being disappointed by Priceline I backed my kids up at 12:30am called my mother in law and told her that we were coming. My kids were already exhausted from the drive from Atlanta to Savannah now this!!! The front desk clerk begged me not to leave and finally switched my room. This room appeared to be nicer, the remote was missing the back piece, the tv was better, I informed the front desk clerk that I still wanted a refund, she stated that she notated my folio. I couldn't sleep, I tossed and turned only to wake up to more nasty sheets! I was so mad, I thought I checked but I guess I was too tired and over looked it. I called the general manager and even (Robin) and left her a voicemail, this is day 2 and no response. So I am going to make it my duty to report this hotel, Wyndham and Priceline to every social media site none to man! I feel like I was ripped off from the start by Priceline this is a 2star rated hotel that I was charged 3 star for. I'm not going to rest until I have a written apology from Priceline and Wyndham. I work from home so it's not a problem to make sure that this never happens again! Me and my girls did not deserve this!!!

Room Tip: Do not take your family here! Do not be deceived by the appearance! It's what I'd like to ca...
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Octavia R
Shatassja C, General Manager at Wingate by Wyndham Savannah Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 9 March 2017

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent stay at the Wingate by Wyndham Savannah Airport.
We are sorry to hear that your stay was less than perfect. Our staff and management team continually strive to make each and every stay a pleasant experience for everyone. We sincerely apologize if we fell short of our goal.
We have taken your comments to heart, and are discussing ways to improve our accommodations and services. We hope you will give us another opportunity to show we care.

Shatassja Collins
Wingate by Wyndham Savannah Airport

Reviewed 21 February 2014

We stayed two nights and were quite comfortable. Rooms were clean and quiet. Complimentary breakfast was excellent. Proximity was excellent...to Sam Sneads restaurant, to the interstate and downtown, to the Air Force museum.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple