“Must See”

Ranked #2 of 218 things to do in Savannah
More attraction details
Fee: No
Recommended length of visit: <1 hour
Owner description: The oldest Roman Catholic church in Georgia.
Atlanta, Georgia
43 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 67 helpful votes
“Must See”
Reviewed 2 December 2013

we were lucky to visit and see the students from next door all girls school practice for the Christmas show...it was awesome to hear them sing in such a wonder church..we were blessed

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Polish first
Danville, Virginia
31 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 72 helpful votes
“a must see or travelers”
Reviewed 2 December 2013 via mobile

I have carried 6 different friend and family members here and they all have the same reaction. First their jaws drop, they all say WOW, and then they say" you told me it is beautiful, but I didn't think it would be like this..Hey folks, it is free, it is stunning and in a city full of beauty i would highly advise you to check this one out. One of my favorite places

Midland, Texas
62 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 140 helpful votes
“Magnificent Cathedral”
Reviewed 30 November 2013

I struggle to find words to describe this cathedral. Historic, ornate, majestic. Walls are covered in murals, columns are finished with gold leaf. Beautiful stations of the cross. Grand old organ. A must see.

2 Thank BillM551
Falmouth, Massachusetts
211 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 213 helpful votes
“Ironic..filming "welcome home Catholics" but it was closed!”
Reviewed 27 November 2013

Went there twice since it was highly recommended. No signs, no explanation, but a person setting up boxes on the steps said they were preparing for a film. Someone said it was to welcome home Catholics....but we did not feel very welcome. several others were also walking around, bewildered, wondering how to get in. Two days of this, then we gave up. No signs, no apology just a sign for "film crew parking".

St. Augustine, Florida
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“The most beautiful cathedral on the East Coast”
Reviewed 27 November 2013

There's nothing to dislike about this gorgeous place. I happen to be a Christian, but even if you aren't, you'll probably be floored. I regularly attended the National Cathedral in Washington as a child. I've attended the services in Mount St. Mary's in Maryland and St. John the Divine in Newport and toured churches and synagogues in Montreal and New England. We were married at the second oldest church in America. But when my husband and I stepped foot in the cathedral, we suddenly stopped our conversation. That's how breathtaking it is.

Visited October 2013