“Waste of money”

Beaufort
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Waste of money”
Reviewed 18 May 2014

Me and a friend went to Savannah Day spa yesterday for Brazilian waxes, let's just say it was the absolute most horrible Brazilian wax I have ever gotten. It was painful, and there is still A LOT of hair remaining. They trick you with the dim lighting, but when I got home...I was highly disappointing. The young lady you provided me with service, however, was a peach. She just shouldn't do the waxes. I should have went to Wax and Wane (even the aesthetician herself recommended it, I mean that's not good business promotion..) but they were booked out for weeks. But I definitely will not be returning here, Wax and Wane does a fantastic, hairless, pain free job for $50.

Visited May 2014
1 Thank Acway90

North Bethesda, Maryland, United States
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Excellent Service, Gorgeous Location”
Reviewed 27 March 2014

Had a couples massage. Very nice historic property and good service. Treatment rooms could use a good sound proofing retrofit, since I could hear the traffic outside mid-massage! Conveniently located and prompt service. Their offerings could use a bit more post-massage pampering services.

Visited March 2014
Boston, Massachusetts
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 30 helpful votes
“Terrible. Be prepared to sit and wait and then not have a service.”
Reviewed 4 March 2014

My husband and I were on a long weekend in Savannah and I booked us massages as a surprise. We arrived and were told to sit down and wait. 20 minutes past our appt. time, we were still sitting and waiting. The receptionist never acknowledged us. Another woman came down about 30 minutes past our appt time, saw us sitting there, went to whisper with the receptionist about why we were still waiting and then walked away- again no one said anything to else. At 45 minutes, I got up and asked what was going on, was told that they were running behind (I hadn't seen another customer in the spa the entire time we were there). We left. We were on vacation and didn't mind waiting a little while, but not to that point. We also weren't willing to be ignored. If someone had taken the time to tell us that they were running behind (which was obvious) or to talk to us about the delay, we would have been more likely to wait longer. We found another spa in Savannah that was more than willing to take our business and they did a great job. I don't know if I'll be in Savannah again, but I certainly won't be at the Savannah Day Spa.

1 Thank Lindzjd
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Definitely Not A Relaxing Experience-”
Reviewed 2 January 2014

Decided to book a last minute massage for my mom and I on her birthday. I have been to Savannah Day Spa for other services, but never a massage. We had an early morning appointment on a cold December morning. Upon entering the room my mom and I both noticed it was freezing in the room. We figured it would just take a few minutes for the heat to kick in. The massage therapist even warmed her hands a few times during the treatment but not once did she think about turning up the heat. Quite honestly I don't think the heat was on at all. This just ruined the entire 1 hour massage experience.

Augusta, Georgia
17 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 43 helpful votes
“THE ATTENDANTS WERE REALLY SWEET”
Reviewed 17 December 2013

It was a last minute appointment...The receptionist was kind, but whomever was in the back office was on the phone and extremely loud! It's ironic because it's a spa...The massage was great...the facial was good too, but I thought I was getting an oxygen massage...with actual oxygen! Nope..and the products she put on my face burned me...she was very apologetic...and tried to cool my skin, but it's still burning today, the next morning....Was really dissapointed that I didnt get the infused OXYGEN facial Im used to getting at other salons.

Also, the facial and the massage were in different rooms...so they gave me a bucket to place my "things" in. I think it's poor management...but the thereapist themselves were very nice! I dont think I will be going here again.