“TERRIBLE!!! Don't even think about giving it a chance...”
Review of Savannah River Inn

Savannah River Inn
Savannah River Inn
Ranked #90 of 115 Hotels in Savannah
Reviewed 22 December 2008

I am writing this review from room 517 counting the hours to leave this rat hole. I stayed here for 2 nights, and hated this place. The first room they gave me was dirty, the bathroom disgusting and the coffee machine and fridge weren't working. The receptionist, a nice guy that has to deal with this lack of maintenance, management and housekeeping, gave us another room (this one, 517). It looked better but it smelled like old bleu cheese! The heater wasn't working (It's freezing outside now), the fridge makes a weird noise all the time and the smoke alarm was beeping every 30 seconds (I just disconnected it and gave it to the receptionist). Also, when we came back to the room today at 5PM, the beds were not made (we left at 10 AM, giving housekeepers 7 hours to do their job). My advise is, read not only my review but all the other reviews about this place and you will understand why you shouldn't think about this place even if it's $10 cheaper than any other motel.

• Stayed: December 2008, travelled with family

Reviewed 13 December 2008

You may be thinking, "you can't beat the price!" I just want to remind you that the Savannah River Inn is a motel...it'll do if you're just looking for a room. The bathroom in our first room was absolutely disgusting--thick black rings around the toilet bowl, large splotches of black mold on the shower curtain, and rust rings in the bathtub. To be fair, they switched us into the room next door upon request--and it was definitely better (though still had the moldy curtains).

Stayed: December 2008
Reviewed 20 November 2008

I wanted to save a couple of bucks...and I did! Savannah River Inn is in the right spot at the right price....I am a frequent traveler to this area, and I did not think that a hotel such as this still existed in this part of town. I was able to get free parking, microwave & fridge. A king size bed with a sitting area for a fraction of the cost. Sure, it's not shiny or new, but if you are looking to splurge on gifts...you've already saved by staying at this hotel. I also checked their Saint Patricks' rates and they are the lowest to be found in this area at $189 per night. I booked a room, because I heard it is awesome time!

• Stayed: November 2008, travelled solo
Reviewed 6 October 2008

Tried to save a few bucks by staying at a 2 star hotel reserved on hotwire. I'm not very picky, but there is no way this a 2 star. This motel was far worse than your average Motel 6. For example, my lamp in the room had no lampshade. Savannah was nice, though and this place is located close to the action near River St and Bay St.

• Stayed: October 2008
Reviewed 27 August 2008

We stayed at the hotel for three nights this past weekend. We booked the hotel thru Hotwire.com for under $50/night. We did not know what hotel we would be staying at until after we paid.

Our experience was it was a great value considering what you would pay to stay at other hotels by the river. The hotel had cable TV, a microwave, and fridge (no freezer). Staff was super! The place was very, very quiet. A couple of mornings, I counted the cars in the parking lot early in the morning - 8 to 10 cars was all.

The best I can come up with for complaints was the pool needed skimming. After three days the hotel ice maker was still broken. The shower had some mold. The carpet had some specs of dirt.

I would stay there again.

• Stayed: August 2008, travelled on business
Reviewed 23 June 2008

I absolutely agree with all of nashvilleshortstuff's review. I chose this hotel through hotels.com because of the price. I have always had good luck before using travel sites and picking inexpensive prices. All I need is a clean and safe place to stay. I spend the money on touring and restaurants. Savannah River Inn needs to be torn down and not offered to any travelers. The bathroom was obviously not cleaned before we got there or while we were there, the shower curtain was falling down, the ice machine didn't work. The office is a travesty. This hotel is clearly not interested in providing any kind of hospitality or semblance of ambience to its guests. It was the worst hotel experience in my life. Savannah should not embarrass itself by offering this hotel to people. It is such a wonderful city with so much to offer and so many hotels to be proud of. This hotel is one big blight in the area. It needs to be gone.

• Stayed: June 2008, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 May 2008

I must say I booked this hotel because of the price and location for a Sat. night stay in Savannah. Saturday's night stays are very expensive in the city.

I was very pleased with this hotel - which is more like a motor inn. The rooms are standard - nothing fancy but who stays in their room anyway. I had a King Size Bed -and a large screeen tv. They had a coffee maker - refig and micorwave which I thought were nice touches.

The room is like staying in downtown Las Vegas so if you have stayed there you know what to expect.

I parked in the lot and was able to cover all the city by ground at this hotel. The hotel has a view of the power plant so don't expect a river view. They was no charge for parking which is pretty rare in Savannah. I stayed at the Ennis (sp) Days Inn on my last trip and this hotel was ten times better plus they didn't charge for parking.

• Stayed: May 2008, travelled solo