“What a great weekend!”

Ballastone Inn
Ranked #9 of 113 Hotels in Savannah
“What a great weekend!”
Reviewed 13 June 2011

Location was a easy walking distance to everything.The staff was very friendly. The food was incredible. The linen on the beds were crazy soft. I could go on but i will stop. My wife and I felt privileged to be guests at such a great inn.

• Stayed June 2011

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (226)
Abingdon, Maryland
Reviewed 12 June 2011

Great location, fabulously appointed rooms, and wonderful personal service from the staff. I felt like I was treated as royalty! After staying in Scarlett's Retreat, I now understand why her state of mind was so "fiddle-dee-dee!" I love the afternoon tea, breakfasts and cocktail treats. I also stayed in the Victoria Suite, which was even grander. I will be back!

Room Tip: 3rd or 4th floor rooms are quieter
  • Stayed June 2011, travelled solo
Hobart, Australia
Reviewed 12 June 2011

The Inn was everything I imagined and more,central location,we walked everywhere with no problems. The staff /service was excellent, food was great= best breakfast ever. The sheets on the bed were amazing, the softest I have ever slept on.I loved every minute of my time at The ballastone Inn and would not hesitate to recomend it to anyone travelling to Savannah.

Auburn, New Hampshire
Reviewed 1 June 2011

My husband and I were so pleased with our decision to stay at the Ballastone!!! We can't say enough good things about this bed and breakfast! From the moment we arrived the staff couldn't be any more welcoming! The service was incredible and the smiling faces from the staff that greeted us everyday was so wonderful!!! The food was absolutely AMAZING!!! The breakfasts we were served every morning were the best we've ever had!!! The room we stayed in was beautiful but while we were there the staff encouraged us to take a look in the other rooms at the inn. So needless to say I have my eye on The Victoria for our next visit! My husband and I want to extend many thanks to the lovely staff for making our stay a most memorable one!!!
Until next time.....

With many thanks,
Chris and Melissa Lorden

Salt Lake City, Utah
Reviewed 24 May 2011

Walk everywhere the location is ideal for discovering the city. Take tours, eat all the wonderful food and listen to local music especially the vocal artists.

Room Tip: Look on the internet at all rooms they are beautif
Raleigh, North Carolina
Reviewed 23 May 2011

My husband and I celebrated our first anniversary at the ballastone in May. We were the youngest in the place (27) and at first we weren't sure about that but it ended up being no problem. The breakfast in the morning was awesome. The staff was great and the location was perfect. Everything the staff recommended was exactly what we were looking for. The courtyard is great for lounging around between activities. We stayed in the low country room which was very cute but it is loud in the morning because people are eating breakfast above your room. It didn't bother us too much but if you are a light sleeper I would choose a room on the second floor.

Island Park, New York
Reviewed 16 May 2011

My wife and I booked this trip at the Ballastone Inn because we heard it had a reputation for being haunted. Being a retired police officer, I like a good adrenaline rush. At first look upon our arrival, it looked way too elegant for a haunted house, but my wife was happy with all the antique furnishings and it's general appearance, so that was good enough for me .But If you are looking for a place with "an interesting history" to say the least, the Ballastone had quite a few weirdly interesting things to show us that made our stay that much better. Nothing too crazy, just a few pictures that showed some "unmistakable outcomes", and the sound of coins that I left on a table moving in the middle of the night. The room we stayed in was called the Mary Musgrove room. It had a four post bed with the softest sheets we've ever slept on. The T.V. wasn't all too big, but a huge T.V. like I'm used to would have ruined the appearance of the already beautiful room. The entire Inn is more than adequately air-conditioned, which also made for very comfortable sleeping conditions. The bathroom was perfect sized. Room enough for me to shower while the wife blew out her hair and did her makeup. The ceilings throughout the house were extremely high, I would estimate around 12 feet in height. Normal for most of the mansions of the early 1800's. Probably the best thing that the Ballastone Inn offers that we didn't find anywhere else in Savannah when booking this trip, is the separate tables for two for breakfast seating arrangements. It gave us the feeling of being on a second honeymoon. The food served at breakfast was delicious! My only complaint would be that this fat guy would like seconds next time. ;O) Also, we can't say enough about how attentive, polite, and friendly the staff was during our stay. That is always a bonus, and not something we encounter everywhere. There is also an antique bar (that's right gentlemen, I said " BAR") that offers wine and regularly had complimentary iced tea and ice water during the day, which was great to come back to on hot afternoons. The Ballastone Inn is pretty much centrally located in the historic district. A quick walk to everywhere. We only had to drive when we went to the beach on Tybee Island, which is only about 20 minutes away. Tours can conveniently be booked through the front desk and there is plenty that they offer. Take a Horse & Carriage Ghost Tour...A romantic ride and Interesting history with a spooky twist.... To sum things up, I'd like to bet that the suggestion box will always stay empty at the Ballastone Inn. It's a vacation destination done right!