“Will return to Ballastone again and again”
Review of Ballastone Inn

Ballastone Inn
Ranked #11 of 113 Hotels in Savannah
New York City, New York
“Will return to Ballastone again and again”
Reviewed 25 August 2014

I had a wonderful time in Savannah and the Ballastone Inn made my stay even lovelier. The staff pays attention to the details and aims to pamper you. Rooms are clean and are unique from one another. I loved being able to peak into vacant rooms to see how they look like so I can compare and get an idea of which one I want to stay in for my next visit. The breakfasts are delicious (you get a choice) as are the afternoon snacks. Even the background music that plays in the living room / parlor is great! I felt at home in the Ballastone and I absolutely cannot wait to go back. Conveniently located in the middle of everything.

Room Tip: I really dont think you can go wrong with any of the rooms. They all look lovely.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Ctsui

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (227)
Panhandle Florida
Reviewed 21 August 2014 via mobile

I've stayed in the Palmetto Fan and Mary Musgrave rooms and have seen others. They are all beautiful but I think esp Palmetto Fan in the winter with lovely fireplace and beautiful bathroom. The breakfasts are quite delicious as is afternoon tea and wine later in the evening. Very like being in a private elegant southern home. There is free parking for guests in area of the back alleyway. Prices are high end but a way better experience than at one of the hotels. I esp love Christmas season there when all the fireplaces are beautifully decorated. If you are a fan of the "Midnight in the Garden" movie, know that many of its stars stayed here during the filming. Kevin Spacey had the China Trade room which is the largest and, I think, most spectacular room available. First floor bathroom has framed photos of many of the famous guests. You'll be treated just the same as they were and delighted with staying at this great B&B.

Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Taylorcat2us
Reviewed 21 August 2014

We stated at the Ballastone Inn for out anniversary. It was the best vacation we have been on. The Inn is absolutely beautiful, we stayed in the China Trade Suite. Stunning accommodations. We have never slept better or been more relaxed anywhere else we have stayed. The staff is wonderful, every single one of them. We just cannot say enough about our stay at the Ballastone and visit to Savannah. Everyone should go!! Greg and Kristin Kenosha, WI

• Stayed August 2014
1 Thank BLKPRL13
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
Reviewed 20 August 2014

The Ballastone Inn is unsurpassed luxury and attention to detail. Every detail is carefully considered and every moment was so enjoyable. Best B&B experience ever! The staff is so friendly and accommodating that you feel welcome and pampered every minute. The breakfast is hardy and delicious. The rooms are beautifully appointed and comfortable. The Inn is in the perfect location in the historic district. Sites of interest and amazing restaurants are a short walk. We parked the car when we arrived and forgot it was there. Beautiful property maintained in pristine condition.

Room Tip: Go on line and check the rooms. Each is beautifully furnished and comfortable. Pick your favorite.
Cumming, Georgia, United States
Reviewed 19 August 2014

Our first time visiting Savannah and we are so glad we chose to stay at the Ballastone Inn! It not only was a luxurious slice of the south but the staff was amazing.They were so friendly and helpful and made us feel comfortable every time they saw us. Thumbs up to the talented chef! They food was some of the best I've ever had, seasoned just right and very fresh!

Ridgefield, Connecticut
Reviewed 18 August 2014

This was my third time staying at the Ballastone. It is always a special treat. My daughter is a student at SCAD, so when I am traveling to drop her off to begin her school year or for a visit, staying at the Ballastone is not only convenient (heart of historic Savannah), but also welcoming and indulgent. The staff is delightful and quick to offer assistance and suggestions. Each room I've stayed in is beautifully appointed and clean. The beds are luxuriously comfortable. Afternoon tea feels so gracious, as does breakfast, either in the front parlor or sitting on the outdoor patio. I really feel pampered and made to feel special when I stay there. I look forward to my return.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 16 August 2014

We stayed for a long weekend and really enjoyed this antique mansion. The rooms are beautiful, the staff does not know how to say no, and the breakfasts were wonderful. Walking distance to the riverfront and restaurants/bars.

2 Thank Ray B