“Gastonian B&B”

The Gastonian - A Boutique Inn
Ranked #5 of 114 Hotels in Savannah
Reviewed 24 June 2014

Close enough to walk to the centre of town but in a nice quiet location. Room was spacious and clean, the balcony was a bonus. The quality of the food in morning for breakfast and in the afternoon for "tea" was good but he breakfastservice could be a little chaotic. Staff were very friendly and courteous.

Room Tip: The Juliet Lowe room was comfortable and has balcony overlooking the street.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Gastonian, General Manager at The Gastonian - A Boutique Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 26 June 2014

Hello Graham_Roberta!

Thank you so much for your kind words about the Gastonian and its staff! You were in one of my favorite rooms, with that lovely veranda. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed that room, and your time at the Gastonian.

We do family-style breakfast service, it be fast paced and as with families, we can get a bit underfoot. We work very hard to ensure that our food is delicious and our guests are happy. We apologize for any disorganization, but we are just that enthusiastic about feeding people.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Savannah, and wish you the best travels until you return!

Reviewed 17 June 2014

Let me just begin this review by saying most often I do not review places, unless of course I'm upset! LOL The fact that I am typing this out is a testament to how much I love the Gastonian and the people (Hallie, Fallan, Lola, Kristen, and James). I booked my elopement package a few months in advance and like any other bride I changed my mind 30 times before the date. The staff was always accommodating and available over the phone and email. When I arrived that Friday before the ceremony I was greeted with hugs and kisses because I felt like they'd become apart of my secret and my family! LOL The bedroom was spacious, clean, and gorgeous. The desserts/breakfast were amazing and the champagne/wine was strong! We got married in the courtyard, where the ground was a bit wet because of raining. but still looked amazing. If you are looking for a romantic weekend or an elopement I definitely would recommend the Gastonian as the service and ambiance is bar none.

2  Thank Tori D
Gastonian, General Manager at The Gastonian - A Boutique Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 23 June 2014

Tori Tori Tori,

Thank you so much! We had a wonderful time being a part of your big day, and we are so glad that you and your Mister enjoyed your time with us so much! If the years in hospitality and special events have taught us anything, it is that the quiet moments and special details are the most valued part of your wedding day. You can change your mind as many times as you like, so long as your day is what you want it to be. Your day was fun, and filled with small, special moments. It was a joy to be a part of it, and we cannot wait to welcome you back!

Reviewed 9 June 2014

Our stay here was amazing - we will definitely return next summer! Staff was very friendly and knowledgeable about Savannah. The Inn is within walking distance of River St and downtown - 2 blocks from Forsyth park. We stayed in the honeymoon suite and it was very romantic!

1  Thank Alex A
Gastonian, General Manager at The Gastonian - A Boutique Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 10 June 2014

Hello again Alex A!

Thank you so much! We are always so delighted that guests choose the Gastonian to celebrate such momentous occasions as Honeymoons, weddings, and anniversaries! It is absolutely our pleasure to ensure that your Honeymoon is relaxing, romantic, and everything that you dreamed it would be! We are so happy that you enjoyed your time in Savannah and at the Gastonian, and we are looking forward to welcoming you back for many, many anniversaries to come!

Reviewed 4 June 2014

I was fortunate enough to be surprised by my boyfriend with a wonderful stay at the Gastonian to celebrate our one year anniversary. There is not one thing that I would have changed about our stay. From the moment we arrived, to the moment we packed up our car was impeccable. The personal welcome we received from the staff, beautiful suite, quiet mornings with hot coffee and the local newspaper, delicious appetizers, home cooked breakfast and fresh cookies for our nightly turn down were just some of the highlights. As you walk down the stairs with excitement onto the beautiful streets of Savannah to explore, you will be just as excited to walk back up them to enjoy this delightful bed and breakfast. Thank you once again for making our trip so memorable.

Room Tip: If you want a private oasis and don't mind a few stairs The Oglethorpe Penthouse was perfect!! V...
1  Thank Nicole K
Gastonian, General Manager at The Gastonian - A Boutique Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 5 June 2014

Hello Nicole K!

We are so honored that you chose to celebrate your anniversary at the Gastonian, and very pleased to hear that your time with us was everything that you hoped for! Thank you very much for the kind recognition of our staff. We work very hard to introduce guests to Savannah, and it is always our goal to ensure that our guests receive an unparalleled experience while at the Gastonian! It was absolutely our pleasure to host your trip to Savannah, and we are so very much looking forward to seeing you again very soon!

Reviewed 1 June 2014 via mobile

We enjoyed our two day stay at the Gastonian. On the plus side are the great location, pleasant staff and wonderful cooking/baking. On the minus side was our room which was very sparsely furnished and not very comfortable. Also, the air conditioning was noisy and the bed very hard.

• Stayed: May 2014
Reviewed 30 May 2014

We enjoyed the wonderful southern hospitality at The Gastonian! We slept in both mornings and had breakfast in the kitchen. The cheese grits were my favorite! The afternoon wine & hor d'ouevres was a lot of fun. We socialized with the other guests and enjoyed the drinks and food. One morning, I came downstairs and smelled brownies baking. Those brownies were served at the evening dessert and cordials. Bottled water and sodas are always available. The Gastonian will keep you happy and well fed. It felt more like staying in a luxurious home than a hotel.

Every member of staff went out of their way to make our stay happy.

This is a 150+ year old house, so please note that the rooms might have a few quirks and you will occasionally hear the other guests. Also, there is no elevator. None of this bothered me, but please consider these facts before booking your stay.

2  Thank ShailaC
Reviewed 27 May 2014

The Gastonian in Savannah was perfect. My husband has stayed here three times, and it was my first visit.

How many ways did I like it?

Great breakfasts. Ordered the night before from an extensive menu. Cooked to order. Delicious grits, eggs, fruit, waffles, and biscuits. Plenty of space to eat - either in the kitchen or at the formally set dining room table.

Fun wine hour at the end of the day with a selection of goodies to tide one over til dinner.

Comfortable front living room with some fine Savannah elegance (without being stuffy or over wrought.)

Very close to Forsyth Park and the Georgia Historical Society (for any genealogy or history buffs).

Quite close to a casual eatery called The Public that is favored by locals (and by us). Nice bar and a varied menu of items that are interesting and not expensive.

Many blocks from the River and the tourist attractions there. (Not our kind of scene.) Easy walking, though, to many of Savannah's unique squares and SCAD.

Very nice staff.

Room Tip: Loved the Julia Scarborough room. Huge, quiet, and in the main house at top of the stairs.
1  Thank AMCSD

Good day, AMCSD!

We are so thrilled that you enjoyed your time in Savannah and at the Gastonian! We are very serious about our grits and our hospitality, and I am so very happy to know that you enjoyed your time in our home and with our staff! We look forward to welcoming you and your Mister back very soon!