“True Savannah Charm”

Ranked #6 of 113 Hotels in Savannah
Athens
“True Savannah Charm”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2014

My husband and I just stayed in the "Honeymoon Suite" it was beautiful.. Truly a Georgia treasure and must see. The entire staff was so friendly and helpful... To helping us with transportation to booking activities for us. We couldn't have been more pleased with the delicious food delivered to our room daily at our choice of time. When we go back to Savannah the Gastonian will be where we stay.

• Stayed July 2014
1 Thank Mmakin

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (208)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 July 2014

I would just like to say what a wonderful experience it was for my husband and I to stay at the Gastonian. Everything about the stay was grand! All of the staff were concerned about our needs and wants, were very friendly, and went out of their way to make sure we had everything we wanted. The breakfast was amazing! The refreshments and desserts were amazing and added to the great value. We loved the large room and the whirlpool tub. Thank you for a great anniversary trip!! We really felt special staying here.

1 Thank Lauren W
Gastonian, General Manager at The Gastonian - A Boutique Inn, responded to this review, 27 July 2014
Lauren W,

We are so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your time with us! It is our pleasure to make you feel special! We know that in today's world we don't take enough time off. Vacations are too short, and with too much time in between. So it is our privilege to ensure that our guests have a great time at the Gastonian. We want to ensure that your stay is memorable, and that you leave Savannah revitalized and recharged. Of course, good food is vital to that, particularly in a place like Savannah! We want all of our guests to feel pampered, and I am thrilled to hear that we were successful!

We look forward to welcoming back and making you feel special all over again!

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 July 2014

We had never stayed in a bed and breakfast before, but now I think we might be spoiled. The Gastonian is a beautiful old home. We stayed in the Eli Whitney room. It is just a standard room, but we couldn't have asked for more. It has a comfortable queen bed, veranda access, and a huge shower.
The room was great, but the staff made our stay even better. Kristen at the concierge desk was extremely helpful and a lot of fun to talk with. The guys in the kitchen prepare amazing food. We had a variety of breakfast items, afternoon snacks, and after dinner desserts. Everything was delicious. Have your breakfast in the kitchen if you want to be entertained! Mario and Tony will keep you laughing while they help John prepare your breakfast. We had such a good time!
I wish I could remember everyone's name, but I can say that every staff member I met was wonderful. The guys who helped with our bags, the cleaning staff, and anyone else I haven't mentioned were all outstanding.
We honestly felt like we were staying in the home of family or friends. Even the other guests helped make our stay great. Take some time to chat with other couples while you are there.
We love the Gastonian! If we go back to Savannah we will definitely stay there again.

• Stayed July 2014
Jred33,

Thank you so much! We are honored to have been a part of your Honeymoon! I really love those simple rooms too! It is exactly what I need, with a great view from the veranda. I am so glad that you enjoyed it!

Thank you so very much for your kind words about our staff. I have no doubts that we have the hardest working bunch in Savannah, and we firmly believe that it is our pleasure to introduce our guests to this beautiful town. We are truly spoiled.

Again, that you so much for taking the time to write this review. We will look forward to wishing you many Happy Anniversaries to come!

Erie
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 July 2014 via mobile

I read lots and lots of reviews of Savannah B&B's prior to deciding on the Gastonian...it was the perfect choice. The inn is gorgeous, the staff attentive/accommodating, and our room (the Carriage house) was very private and super comfy! Other than hailing a cab due to inclement weather we were able to walk everywhere...the inns location is ideal...not too close, but not to far from shops,etc. The breakfasts were very good (awesome cheese grits!), very good coffee, and the daily offerings of treats in the dining room was a nice touch! We hope to visit Savannah again in the future, if we do we will definitely return to the Gastonian!

Stayed July 2014
Gastonian, General Manager at The Gastonian - A Boutique Inn, responded to this review, 25 July 2014
Lynn C,

Wow! Thank you so much! We are so glad that you had such a good time! Our staff loves superlatives, and nothing is better than perfect! Thank you so very much for sharing your kind words. Our staff works very hard, and I sincerely appreciate any time someone takes the time to recognize their efforts.

Having grown up right down Gaston Street, I agree that we are in a perfect spot! The North of Gaston Neighborhood is close enough to all the site, but still just remote enough to feel like a neighborhood. We even have the pleasure of knowing our neighbors!

Again, we do so appreciate you taking the time to share your review of the Gastonian, and are so pleased to hear that you enjoyed yourself so very much! We have a wonderful time pampering our guests, and just love to hear that you had such a good time!

Trussville, Alabama
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 July 2014

This was a Birthday get away for me with my husband and it was mystical, delightful and so romantic. The staff was eager to assist, while satisfying any request we made. The rooms are
comfortable and so nicely decorated with an elegant flair throughout. Our breakfast was always made to our taste in a timely manner. The complimentary cordials and dessert each evening was a very nice touch. I really will be hesitant to stay in a big hotel again, but I'm not sure if this service will be matched by any other Bed & Breakfast that is not affiliated with the Gastonian. I am recommending the Gastonian to several of my friends who are visiting soon. We will be visiting again for excellent service and an adult only environment surrounded by Southern charm!

Angela6172014,

Thank you so very much for your kind words about our home! Our first goal is always comfort, and we are so glad to hear that you felt at home in the house and with our staff. We are very proud of our staff and the work that they do. It is our pleasure to see that you are properly spoiled during your time with us!

I am glad that you enjoyed your breakfast! We have been working to ensure that our menu is streamlined, and our food is always delicious!

We are so proud to have been a part of your Birthday celebration, and we are all wishing you a very, very good year!

Lodi, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 July 2014

My husband and I had our wedding and also stayed 2 nights after. The people were amazing and very helpful. I fell in love with my home state all over again because of the stay in this room/hotel. I mostly dealt with Kristen, who is the epitamy of southern hospitality. She spoke to all of us as if she had known us forever, and she was even in one of our wedding pictures.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Good afternoon!

I am so very glad that you enjoyed your time and especially your wedding. I spoke with you during the planning phase, and I knew that Kristen was absolutely the right person to take care of your ceremony, and I am so glad that you agreed!

It is always our pleasure to be a part of such a momentous occasion. It means a lot to us that so many guests choose the Gastonian for their weddings, anniversaries, and Honeymoons. We are so very thrilled that you, your Mister, and your families felt so at home at the Gastonian. It was a pleasure to meet you and be a part of your Big Day! We are so looking forward to welcoming you back on your next trip!

Very warmest regards,

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2014

Great B&B wonderful service from all the staff and a lovely breakfast in the morning to kick off your day. Great location to enjoy the historic district and visit the many interesting historic houses. very good Italian within two minutes walk called Leoci's, if you can finish the lasagne then your a better man than me!!