“Brilliant Boutique Hotel in Savannah, GA”
Review of Andaz Savannah

Andaz Savannah
Ranked #13 of 113 Hotels in Savannah
Chicago, Illinois
“Brilliant Boutique Hotel in Savannah, GA”
Reviewed 29 July 2011

My husband and I have stayed at the Avia hotel in Savannah, GA, on two occasions now, and also hosted our rehearsal dinner for our October, 2010, wedding on the Avia's Rooftop Terrace. We cannot say enough wonderful things about this little gem and it’s amazing staff. The rooms are comfortable, clean, have lovely modern décor, and wonderful bath products. The food is absolutely superb; we enjoyed many exceptional breakfasts at Avia, and also enjoyed our specially catered rehearsal dinner menu, which included some of the most delightful menu choices we have had the pleasure of eating. Additionally, the Avia has a quaint little bar and seating area, and a wonderful rooftop terrace with a swimming pool and fire pit (romantic for adults, but also safe enough for children). The staff at the Avia is friendly and more than accommodating. This beautiful boutique hotel goes above and beyond, including brilliant little touches like lemonade, sweet tea, and chocolate chip cookies, for guests. We will most certainly be lifetime return customers at the Avia.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank MattandAnj

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (555)
Lima, Peru
Reviewed 29 July 2011

After reading all the reviews from Trip Advisor I booked 2 rooms in Avia for my husband, daughter and me. My husband and I stayed in a Grand Studio Hosting Suite (room 612) and my daughter in a Classic King Guestroom (room 616).
The suite was crowded with lots of furniture but what we really didn´t like is that the bathroom door (which is located on a wall by the bed) is a sliding white glass door, which made it very uncomfortable because it didn´t close as a regular door (which meant lack of privacy) and during the night if someone used the bathroom the whole bedroom was lighted because the light went through the white glass....on the other hand, my daughter´s bedroom and bathroom were the regular ones, so it was more comfortable. A turndown for these kind of suites.

The staff are very nice (specially the lady who was in charge of the hot station during breakfast) and we didn´t find the concierge as helpful as other people have stated, as a matter of fact, we didn´t really received the help we expected from her.

The bed and pillows were great and the bathrooms were nice and big.

For us the location was good but we would have preferred to stay in one of the beautiful squares along the HD but the Avia is very close to the Riverfront and the Central Market, which is great because you find nice places to eat and also some tours.

Overall the Hotel is very good but, as somebody reviewed before, if you come to Savannah you would like to stay in one of the beautiful B&B Inns along the Historic District, and that is what we would do next time.

Room Tip: Upper floors and try to avoid overlooking Ellis Square because it is noisy, due to the construction...
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled with friends
Columbia, Missouri
Reviewed 28 July 2011

Trouble parking to check in dissolved into ease when the valets jumped in. $20 per day to valet park is worth noting when counting $$ for the stay. Loved the security measures, valets at the door, lots of people in the lobby, had to have room key to make the elevator work. Upgraded my room to a same room suite only after being asked to pay an additional $20 per day. Truly, room was BEAUTIFUL!! The most comfortable bed I have had in a long time, kids didn't mind the couch (which didn't fold out) and floor (we brought sleeping bags). Too much temptation in the room for the boys, they wanted to eat all the mini bar snacks ($6 for each item). Last and biggest problem, I understood from the conversations I had with the staff checking in that breakfast buffet was included with the room. My boys and I tried all kinds of stuff, including shrimp and grits at the cook's insistence and my husband was presented with a $50 bill (for four people, one small child) -- yikes!!! One final thing, I noticed some mold in the shower, but it didn't overpower the room. We stayed for two nights, and it was a great room, but I must say that the cost was far over the top. Still, both boys agreed that it was the nicest room that they had ever stayed in. I would recommend it if people have the money to pay.

Room Tip: Got it on Priceline -- they are very watchful about upgrading people who booked from Priceline.
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 July 2011

It is very centrally located, reasonable price, and the staff were friendly!

Room Tip: We had a view of the square and saw the Christmas tree lighting and music.
  • Stayed November 2010, travelled as a couple
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 28 July 2011

We went here for a mini weekend getaway. It is in a perfect location! We were in walking distance of everything and right across from the famous Paula Deen restaurant. The staff was very professional, and the room was gorgeous! It looks exactly like the pictures on the website. Turn down service with the chocolates was a very nice touch. The hotel breakfast was delicious and perfect for a rainy morning. No complaints, I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled as a couple
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 28 July 2011

The Avia is a wonderful hotel. We fell in love with it as soon as we walked in the door. We got married there in October. Our ceremony was on the terrace and then we had a small dinner in the dining room. It was absolutely perfect! Love it!

• Stayed October 2010, travelled as a couple
Georgia
Reviewed 27 July 2011

Let me start by saying I love Trip Advisor and visit it every time we leave for a trip somewhere. This hotel was #1 at the time on the website, so I checked it out. I am very picky about where we stay and after I checked this place out, I decided to book it. We really liked it! The room was very nice and clean. The beds were unreal! They were awesome. This hotel is close to river street. An easy walk across the street and down some steep stairs and you are on river st. The only negative thing I would say is that the breakfast was on the pricey side. We have a small family of 3 and it was $40. That's alot for breakfast, (for us anyway) but it was VERY good. Yummy. Great place to stay! If you're reading this, go ahead and book it.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family