“It was clean,new and had a good location”
Review of Andaz Savannah

Andaz Savannah
Ranked #15 of 115 Hotels in Savannah
Reviewed 31 July 2011

The view was wonderful. The area was perfect and the decorations and lighting made me feel as if we were at a 5 star hotel. Parking should be addressed with a location like this. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
AVIASavannahGM, General Manager at Andaz Savannah, responded to this reviewResponded 10 August 2011

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for choosing AVIA. I am pleased to read you found the atmosphere to be that of a five star hotel and the location perfect. I look forward to seeing you again.

Pedro Perez, General Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (3,214)

Reviewed 31 July 2011

The hotel is located on Ellis Square which is conveniently located for the old town, the squares, the market and the Riverside.
The staff are efficient and very friendly, and the bar and restaurant even popular for nor-residents.
The pool is on the small side, but the terrace is quite large enough for loungers.
Bedrooms are comfortable and clean and the concierge makes sure that you know that the hotel is your home from home and will provide advice on the local scene.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple

Dear Valued Guest,

We are so delighted you enjoyed your stay at AVIA and found the hotel to be conveniently located. Thank you for the nice compliment regarding the staff , bar and amenities offered. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 30 July 2011

My wife and I started off down to Savannah with two hotels in mind, didn't have reservations at either, and made up our minds we would stay at the one we liked the best. The AVIA is by far the best choice, once we arrived the front desk manager Laurel (great assets to the hotel, she is the BEST!) dropped every thing she was doing to show my wife and I several rooms. When we started I had decided that the standard room would be ok, but after our tour we were sold on the upgraded room thanks to Miss. Laurel. Our room was very clean, turn down service every night with free water and mints, bed was comfy, big bathroom (one of very few complaints, the bathroom didn't have a exhaust fan.?.?.?.) two flat screen tv's, free internet and so on. The Hotel is located 1/2 block from the river (which is OK) but most of the action was at Ellis Square which is just right there. Live music every night, plenty of people, but not too many to be a bother. Parking is also touch and go unless you know what to do. Thanks to trip advisor we head to park in the garage actually under Ellis Square, go to the city parking authority and purchase a 48 hour pass for $12. The lady that sold us the pass actually sold us two 48 hour passes so we would not have to come back. (that sure beats the $10 and day the garage was charging on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday) And if you valet the hotel parks your car in the same garage. We didn't eat breakfast at the hotel, a bit pricey as I am a light breakfast eater, but just across the square is a great little bakery called the Goose Feathers that is also highly recommended. (again, hotel staff pointed us there, another A+)

Overall I was VERY pleased, great staff, great location, and every time we came in the doors someone was there welcoming us back and there to help if needed.

Room Tip: not sure of the technical name, but middle of the road room
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple

Dear Valued Guest,

Wow…we are always excited to see a review from another happy guest! Thank you for the wonderful comments regarding the staff and service at AVIA! The hotel is located in the heart of the Savannah's historic district and it sounds like you were able to enjoy the restaurants in the area. We look forward to your next stay in Savannah!

Reviewed 30 July 2011

What a beautiful hotel, and the location is great! Southern charm and new beauty all in one. A bit pricey but worth it. We opted to park ourselves in the parking structure around the corner, other option is valet. Every person we encounted was polite, friendly and helpful. I was here with my mother for a girls weekend the hotel & city are just wonderful. The hotel would also be nice for a romantic getaway.
You can walk to everything from this great location. Clean comfortable rooms, beautiful views, quaint pool & firepit on rooftop.

Room Tip: I used hotwire for a 4 star hotel & lucked out!!
  • Stayed: May 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 30 July 2011

I really do not know where to start. Everything totally exceeded all of my expectations. The room was immaculate, the staff went above and beyond. Any request we ever asked for was met with a smile and an offer to help. I could go on and on but will stick to a few quick things.

The location is excellent. It is within walking distance to the river walk , the city market, and all the great locations in the historic district.

The breakfast was superb. Ask for the Shrimp and Grits. I do not remember the lady's name who cooked them but she was so friendly and warm with everyone in my party.

Jason the night manager, along with Jayme the security guard where so helpful to me about finding bars, food options in the early am, and so forth. They always welcomed me back and asked us if we needed anything. They along with the two male bartenders made it a joy to start my evening at Avia, and end my evening at Avia.

The only two things to inform travelers about is the construction in front of the hotel does start bright and early, and that on weekends the hotel really isn't kid friendly. I enjoyed myself immensely and cannot wait for my return trip to Savannah.

Room Tip: Ask for rooms away from Ellis Square, Construction of weekdays and parties on weekends.
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled with friends

Dear Valued Guest,

Best hotel you have every stayed in is a very nice compliment. It gives me great pleasure to read everything totally exceeded your expectations. I thank you so much for the great comments regarding the staff. We work hard to ensure every guest has a memorable experience and it sounds like we've succeeded. I am delighted to know you started your mornings with breakfast at AVIA and you thoroughly enjoyed the shrimp and grits and ended your evenings in the AVIA Lounge. Thank you for staying with us and we can't wait to see you again.

Reviewed 29 July 2011

In the summer heat of Savannah, this place is a sweet little oasis. We stayed with our children, ages eight and five, and although one doesn't picture this as a child-oriented hotel, they fit in just fine (though I must admit they are pretty well-behaved kids). Everything in town is walkable from here, and the location on the new Ellis Square is great (kids love the shooting fountains).

The decor of the hotel is 'boutique-contemporary' and well done. The staff were (mostly) quite friendly and helpful, and we *very* impressed with the level of service from the concierge. There were a couple times that I felt I was taking too much of the desk staff's time--that's unfortunate. We stayed in a standard double queen. The beds were comfortable, decor in the rooms was up-to-date (trendy), and everything was very clean (except a bit of dirty grout in the shower, slightly disappointing in such an otherwise pristine hotel).

We didn't dine at the restaurant, but did meet a friend for drinks. Service was enthusiastic, and who can't love complimentary caramelized bacon strips in lieu of other bland bar snacks? The bar/restaurant is a fun place to hang for a couple of hours.

Now: the pool terrace. This little pool is the gem of the hotel. It's small, but very well-designed. There is a fire-pit on the terrace, plenty of seating and a nice little bar tucked in the middle. If there wasn't so much else to do in Savannah, we could have spent most of the day at the pool. It was wonderful to come back here, relax and cool off after morning/afternoon sightseeing.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family

Dear Valued Guest,

I'm delighted you enjoyed your stay at AVIA. Savannah is a great city and has so much to offer within walking distance of the hotel and it sounds as though you and your family were able to enjoy. Thank you for the nice comments regarding the staff, decor and amenities offered and we hope you will visit us again soon.

Reviewed 29 July 2011

My husband and I have stayed at the Avia hotel in Savannah, GA, on two occasions now, and also hosted our rehearsal dinner for our October, 2010, wedding on the Avia's Rooftop Terrace. We cannot say enough wonderful things about this little gem and it’s amazing staff. The rooms are comfortable, clean, have lovely modern décor, and wonderful bath products. The food is absolutely superb; we enjoyed many exceptional breakfasts at Avia, and also enjoyed our specially catered rehearsal dinner menu, which included some of the most delightful menu choices we have had the pleasure of eating. Additionally, the Avia has a quaint little bar and seating area, and a wonderful rooftop terrace with a swimming pool and fire pit (romantic for adults, but also safe enough for children). The staff at the Avia is friendly and more than accommodating. This beautiful boutique hotel goes above and beyond, including brilliant little touches like lemonade, sweet tea, and chocolate chip cookies, for guests. We will most certainly be lifetime return customers at the Avia.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple