“Beautiful Hotel”
Review of Andaz Savannah

Andaz Savannah
Ranked #12 of 114 Hotels in Savannah
Reviewed 26 August 2012

My husband and I stayed at Avia for two nights in Aug 2012 whilst travelling the east coast of America. This was one of the best hotels we have ever stayed at even though renovations were taking place. They only affected the lobby area.

The staff were excellent as were the quality of the rooms. They were beautifully decorated and very very clean.

The location is also fantastic.

If we were to visit Savannah again I would not hesitate to stay here again

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Andaz Savannah

Reviewed 24 August 2012

My wife and I stayed at the Avia for 2 nights on an anniversary trip. The hotel looks brand new from the outside to the guest rooms.

The location was absolutely perfect. We valet parked the car upon check-in and didn't touch it again until we left. Walking distance to everything you would want in Savannah.

The service at this hotel is top notch from the bellman to the chefs.

We will definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 August 2012

My wife and I stayed at the Savannah Avia Aug. 10-12, 2012. We booked the room prior to finding out about the renovations going on in the lobby of the hotel. We emailed Hyatt customer service and they gave us a break on the room rate (about 10%).
Our room (505) was a luxury king suite which faced north towards river and had a view of the pool below. The south facing rooms either have a view of Ellis Square (not really much to look at) or the building under construction.
Our room was perfect for the two of us. Extremely comfortable king bed, siiting area with flat screen, roomy bathroom with dual sinks and walk in shower. Also there is a soaking tub. The previous reviews of complaints regarding the shower spilling water onto the bath floor are alleviated by the 2 inch or so lip at base of shower and also by not spraying water outside the shower. The shower head faces away from the shower entry. The room also has a small counter without sink and mini fridge. Unfortunately it is filled with hotel offered drinks. As soon as they are removed from the refrigerator, you are billed for the item. There are sensors under each item that detect this. We thought that this was ridiculous and has the items removed so we could actually use the refrigerator for our own items we wanted to keep cool. Lastly, there is a small balcony that offers a nice view of pool and buildings to north. Views of Bay Street and the river are limited.
Pool area was very nice and hardly used by guests while we were there. Breakfast was served in the adjacent building to east due to construction in lobby and dining area. Food was above average and service was always courteous. We had booked the AAA rate which included free breakfast, however we had to remind front desk at check out since our bill showed charges for breakfast. Hotel staff were polite and always helpful.
I would stay here again, but would wait until construction is complete (Sept.??)
Only real complaints were construction, silly sensor fridges, and strangely dim hallways.

Room Tip: We stayed in #505. Luxury King Suite facing pool. Very quiet. No construction noise. Rooms that face...
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 August 2012

My husband and I stayed in Savannah for our honeymoon, in April. After countless hours of internet searches, thousands of reviews, and lots of comparing locations, I picked the Avia for our getaway. Apon our arrival, I was in awe. The hotel loby is beautiful. We arrived on a Sunday, so the lobby was chaotic, but we were promply greeted, and our check in started in a very timely fashion. Midway through our check in, the woman at the from desk informed me that there was major construction going on in Ellis Square, and that (lucky us) our room was located directly across from all the the early morning construction. She then informed us, that it is normal for people to call down and complain about the level of noise coming from next door, but that she had some upgrades available, away from the noise, and that if we wanted, we could PAY to upgrade our room, away from the loudness of the construction. I found this very disheartening to hear, while already paying almost $300 a night for our 4 night honeymoon stay. After politely declining her offer to charge us an arm and a leg to upgrade our stay, she smiled, and told me to please let her know if we change our minds. I was frusterated at this point, but not willing to ruin my trip, so I sucked it up and went up to the room. It was amazing, modern, and everyone is telling the truth about those beds, you will never want to leave them. The sound of the construction in the morning was not horrible, but being such a light sleeper, I found it difficult to sleep past 8, which turned out to be ok, as I wanted as much time to explore the city as possible. We spent a lot of time down in the bar. The bartenders were friendly, knowlegable, and very promp, even when busy, and the candied bacon strips will not soon be forgotten. We ate dinner at The Kitchen two nights in a row, it was that good. Small but satisfying, the crab cakes, and short ribs were some of the best I had ever had. All of the employees of the hotel were always very friendly, and eager to help. We booked a hounted pub crawl at the front desk, which was a blast, but also very informative. The next night, we had the front desk make us reservations for Alligator Soul, which is about 2 blocks down Barnard street. That dinner at Alligator Soul was by far the best meal I have had in my entire life. As sad as it was, our Savannah journey came to an end, but we are very eager to return. We plan on coming back once a month in April, and are excited to see the renovations, and experience the Andaz Savannah. I will call and see if there is any construction near the building, before I book a stay, and will make sure they place the on the oppisite end of the noise! Overall great experience, other than the one bump.

Room Tip: Book room away from any construction.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
Pedro P, General Manager at Andaz Savannah, responded to this reviewResponded 23 August 2012

Thank you for your comments about your stay with us. We certainly look forward to your return visit next April as we are eager to show off our newly renovated lobby.

Best regards

Reviewed 22 August 2012 via mobile

Although there was construction going on which was hard to ignore in the lobby, as it was extremely loud and dusty, I would still go back and would recommend it to others. I'm not one to use the public areas when I go to hotels so it didn't really bother me. The rooms were gorgeous, beautifully decorated, would recommend the one bedroom king suites. The pool area was also nicely designed. The location was perfect. Didn't use our car for four days even with the shifty rain showers here and there. Savannah is a charming city, I recommend visiting for sure.
Look forward to our return.

• Stayed: August 2012

I have to agree with you we do have the best location in Savannah. We would love to see you again soon.

Best regards

Reviewed 21 August 2012

We stayed at the Avia Savannah during a recent trip based on recommendations from Trip Advisor and glad we picked this hotel. I say this even though parts of the hotel were off limits due to renovation efforts. This was one of the most taste fully decorated rooms we have stayed in and we travel 7 stay at hotels quite a bit. Great location. Staff was super friendly & gave us a late checkout :)

The only issue we ran into was the time to get our car with the valet service as they had off premise parking and traffic around the hotel was a chaotic due to construction.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your kind comments regarding our hotel. I will certainly share your remarks with our entire staff. See you on your next visit to Savannah.

Best Regards
General manager

Reviewed 19 August 2012

You will not find a better location for a relaxing vacation in Savannah. We pulled in on the first day and didn't need the car for 3 days. We walked everywhere from here. My husband & I took a 2 hour neighborhood tour which met 2 blocks away from Avia. After the tour we walked back to the room, freshened up and headed for the waterfront (2 blocks away). Every great restaurant is within walking distance.

The lobby was very comfortable, nice seating for coffee in the morning and a bar & restaurant if you needed anything else. The room was clean and upscale. The staff was very friendly. This is the only place we will stay when we return to Savannah.

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking the park.
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple