“I loved the hotel”
Review of Andaz Savannah

Andaz Savannah
Ranked #14 of 115 Hotels in Savannah
Reviewed 15 December 2013

The service was friendly on check-in. Not the most lush, or even the most modern hotel I've patronized, but I liked it nonetheless. I would say very modern for SaGa standards. We were greeted with a glass of wine. It was only OK wine, but the hospitable check-in made me smile.

Free food and non-alcoholic drinks were stocked in the rooms. That was a first. But don't bother with the alcoholic stuff - because the bartender, Jacob, was one of the best we've ever had. He made us some of the most delicious and beautiful libations ever. Even if you don't stay here, check out the bar right inside the hotel entrance. Love the drinks.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank SpringboroAtty
Matt G, General Manager at Andaz Savannah, responded to this reviewResponded 27 December 2013

SpringboroAtty, thank you for your visit and your nice review, I will be sure to let Jacob know what a great impression he made on you. He really is the best, Matt

Reviewed 15 December 2013

Top to bottom perfection. Everything you could want in a hotel including:
Super clean
Amazingly comfortable bed
Extremely kind, genuine staff from management, housekeeping, servers at breakfast, to valet drivers.
Responsive to needs
Unbeatable location

We were with our two young boys. Thanks to the staff and management, it was a breeze having the kids at the Andaz. Upon arrival, manager saw my five yr old's Star Wars shirt and immediately started a light saber battle with the couch cushions :)
Crib was clean and already in room.
The icing on the cake- -- snacks and non alcoholic bevs in room are free and refilled daily. Yes please and thank you.
We will come back to savannah just to stay here.

• Stayed: December 2013
1  Thank Szlam

Szlam, thank you for visiting and I am so pleased you enjoyed your stay. Pat at the front desk is a Star Wars buff, I bet he is the lightsaber weilding foe to your son. Come back soon, Matt

Reviewed 13 December 2013 via mobile

Great location to walk to restaurants, shopping and sights in Savannah! Love all the little extras like complimentary mini bar snacks and drinks (except alcohol) including chips, nuts, soda and juice. Big screen TV and hassle free internet. Comfy beds, very relaxing rooms and I had a great view of Ellis Square. If you forget something like toothpaste, etc just ask... They've got ya covered! Very friendly and helpful staff! I will stay here every visit to Savannah!

Stayed: December 2013
1  Thank TravelingTexasGal

TravelingTexasGal, thank you for your visit, please come back to Savannah and Andaz again soon, Matt

Reviewed 12 December 2013

I'm a very particular traveler, and very picky about the places I stay. For the price - this place is in my top 5 for travel in the US. Comfortable rooms, friendly staff, great location, unique restaurant on site, great breakfasts.....even a bartender who was genuinely friendly and pleasant. When my travels take me to Savannah I'll never stay anywhere else.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Chris B

Chris B, thank you for your very kind review! We look forward to your return visit, all the best, Matt

Reviewed 6 December 2013

I should begin by saying that I travel for work and am a diamond member with Hyatt, to which the Andaz properties belong, and it was my first time staying at an Andaz. Savannah is special to both my husband and I. We grew up visiting the city and we also were engaged there five years ago. This was our second trip this year, and we were there for my birthday.

The location was great, and the hotel does not feel like a chain at all, which is refreshing to someone that is in a hotel 40+ times a year. After a long drive, we were thrilled to be offered a welcome beverage at check-in, and I enjoyed my very nice glass of white wine! I used a suite upgrade I had and reserved one of the deluxe lofts and we were not disappointed! It was a beautiful and spacious room. What I liked about the property is that while not overly expensive, it included internet and complimentary drinks and snacks from the mini-bar. It has a great patio and heated pool (you can't do laps, but perfect for a quick dip to cool off), and a very romantic fire bowl on the same patio.

The breakfast buffet and menu was also of high quality. My husband had one of best omlets he has ever had, and I enjoyed one of the best versions of breakfast shrimp and grits I've ever had. Coming from a lifetime southerner, that is top billing! The locally sourced coffee is on my top ten list as well. In all, we were very pleased with our stay and now have a new favorite hotel in Savannah.

Room Tip: The deluxe lofts have a huge bathoom and a gorgeous pedestal tub.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank dfrutiger
Matt G, General Manager at Andaz Savannah, responded to this reviewResponded 9 December 2013

dfrutiger, thank you so much for your review and your loyalty to Hyatt. Your comments are especially gratifying since you are such a frequent traveler. Hope to see you again soon, Matt

Reviewed 5 December 2013

A really nice hotel right in the middle of Old Savannah. Easy to walk to everything in the old town area. Staff very helpful, they even offer a glass of wine gratis while you are checking in. The bed was one of the most comfortable I have ever slept on in a hotel; stayed there 4 nights and slept great every night - I need to call them to find out what kind it is! I would definitely stay there again if I was going to Savannah.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank AzMember
Matt G, General Manager at Andaz Savannah, responded to this reviewResponded 12 December 2013

AzMember, so glad you enjoyed your visit! Our mattresses are Simmons Westbury II plush.
Hope to see you at Andaz Savannah again soon, Matt

Reviewed 2 December 2013 via mobile

Drove to Savannah knowing nothing about the city. Andaz went above and beyond our expectations. Very comfortable, friendly staff. Highly recommend! Only complaint is the complimentary shampoo was underwhelming, but don't let that stop you. Walking distance from everything worth going to in downtown Savannah

Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank bkavanaugh

bkavanaugh, thank you for your business and thank you for your review. I appreciate the feedback about the shampoo, we are always looking for ways to improve. Please come back to Andaz soon, Matt