“Amazing Hotel and Staff”
Review of Andaz Savannah

Andaz Savannah
Ranked #15 of 115 Hotels in Savannah
Reviewed 19 January 2014

What a pleasure it was to stay at this fabulous hotel. Every detail was perfection. The staff are the some of the most professional and friendly people I have come across in all of my travels. The location is superb. I would not even think of staying anywhere else the next time I visit Savannah. Job well done Andaz!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
Matt G, General Manager at Andaz Savannah, responded to this reviewResponded 20 January 2014

travelmba, thank you for your visit and thank you for that very nice review. We cannot wait for your return trip! Matt

Write a ReviewReviews (3,214)

Reviewed 17 January 2014

Any hotel that has a General Manager who takes the time to respond to guests concerns definitely has my reservation. After researching all hotels in Savannah, the only hotel that addresses guest concerns is the Andaz. Honestly what more could you ask for. Thank you and we look forward to our stay at your hotel in March.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family

rita1252, this has to be the first pre-stay review I have seen! You've motivated us to do even more to make sure you have a great stay! Can't wait to hear what you say after your visit! Matt

Reviewed 16 January 2014

Best location in Savannah coupled with the best service and best greeting we've experienced at a hotel lately. The room was fantastic and everything you expect from an Andaz property. The outdoor patio with fire pit was a great place to relax after a long day exploring the market area. I really like the complementary snacks in the room.

My wife and I try to stay in T&L top hotels and the Andaz earned this designation the old fashion way. Start with great service, have great rooms, cool bar, great outdoor space, and be within walking distance of everything. Loved it.

The mattress was the best sleeper in the business

Room Tip: Grab a cool drink or two and hang out by the fire pit.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Matt G, General Manager at Andaz Savannah, responded to this reviewResponded 17 January 2014

MagicNC, thank you for being our guest and thank you for your very generous review! I am so glad you enjoyed your visit to Savannah and the Andaz. We feel honored to be recognized by T+L and it is gratifying to know we met the expectations you associate with that designation.

Please come back soon, Matt

Reviewed 14 January 2014

What a lovely stay. Room was quiet even with lots of hustle and bustle down in the streets. Room was spacious and bed were very comfortable. Plenty of room in the bathroom too. All staff were extremely courteous and helpful. Especially the concierge. I just love this hotel.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank DSArchitect
Matt G, General Manager at Andaz Savannah, responded to this reviewResponded 15 January 2014

DSArchitect, thank you so much for your stay and thank you for your very nice review. I hope you have a chance to come back to Andaz Savannah again soon, Matt

Reviewed 14 January 2014

Last time a stayed here, this place was called Avia and was not yet owned by Hyatt. I did notice some differences since the switch. Before, the bar and lobby area had a darker, sexier vibe to me, which I liked.This time when I walked into the lobby it felt like I was walking into a Starbucks... But while we're on the subject of drinks, the free wine at check in was nice, so were the free snacks in the room. I love do that about Andaz. I upgraded to a room with a soaking tub, but I couldn't fully enjoy this beautiful feature because once I filled up the tub and got in, I kept floating! I drained some of the water and my bottom STILL wouldn't touch the tub. I'm small but not THAT small, so I don't know what that was all about.. Anyway, the room was clean, the bed was amazing, it's in a great location for downtown, and it's right across from a parking garage where I only had to pay $9 - a lot cheaper than valet! This is my 3rd time staying here and I'll be back!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple

MissPrecious, thank you for your visit and your review! I appreciate your repeat visits. It is always nice to hear from guests who have stayed at the hotel before and after the renovation and brand switch, thanks for your insights.

Not sure what to say about your buoyancy in the tub, haven't heard of that issue before, I think I'll just leave it at that :).... come back soon, Matt

Reviewed 11 January 2014

Great hotel, modern and very clean. Our king size bed was very comfy, love the complimentary snacks!. The staff was very accommodating when we asked for a room with a better view. The pool area has a bar with a beautiful fire pit,. My husband and I truly enjoyed. Andaz is located in the heart of Savannah near Ellis Square. We parked the car and found it very convenient to walk the best places. We will definitely stay there again the next time we visit Savannah.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Teenee345
Matt G, General Manager at Andaz Savannah, responded to this reviewResponded 13 January 2014

Teenee345, thank you for the nice review, look forward to your return visit! Matt

Reviewed 11 January 2014

My family and I(wife and two daughters, 14 and 19 years old) arrived New Years Day around 8pm after driving eight hours from Williamsburg, VA capping off a seven day roadtrip. We were greeted by a very friendly staff and a glass of wine- very nice. We stayed two nights and thankfully this was the nicest hotel we experiienced on our trip. The hotel overall and room had a hip vibe and eclectic comtemporary style. The room we had was the double queen over-looking the pool area with a partial view of the river. The room was very clean and quiet with very comfortable beds. We had free breakfast buffet for two(very good) and free snacks and non-alcoholic drinks in the room.

The only issues we had was that the power went out on the bedside of the room so we didn't have lights or use of the cordless phone and the IPod/clock device; the breaker probably tripped when housekeeping was vacuuming the room. The building engineer couldn't enter the room with the breaker panel because the guest wasn't answering the door and they will not enter a room if the do not disturb sign is out(added security). They offered us another room but it wasn't worth the inconvenience of moving all our possessions for one night(remember I'm travelling with three women so it's a lot of possessions!). Also, while the free snacks were replenished the non-alcoholic drinks weren't and there were half-full bottles left from the previous guest; but not a problem just one call to the front desk and they brought whatever you needed in minutes. These problems were slightly annoying but definitely no deal breaker, still loved the stay.

The location was excellent with a number very good restaurants nearby, like Tequila's Town and Garibaldi's Cafe; the in-house restaurant, 22 Square is also very good. If this is your first trip to Savannah I recommend doing a complete trolley tour early in day(90 minutes) and then a walking tour yourself taking advantage of the on/off benefit of the trolleys. The town is beautiful and very pedestrian friendly, a wonderful experience. Make sure to go to Leopold's for ice cream, the best!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
5  Thank Michael33143

Michael33143, thank you for your visit and your review. I am happy you and your family enjoyed your stay and Savannah. My apologies for the issue with the electricity to your bedisde area and the beverages not being replenished, I am happy these issues were resolved. Please come back to Andaz Savannah soon, Matt