“Great Hotel | Great Location | Genuine Care for Guests”
Review of Andaz Savannah

Andaz Savannah
Ranked #15 of 115 Hotels in Savannah
Reviewed 24 January 2014

The Andaz is chic and very well run - staff greats you at the door and my entire experience was first rate. I booked a package which included a late day (2 pm. check out) and breakfast. The breakfast was very good, the free run of the mini-bar is unique (and an excellent idea: alcohol billed separately, but free water and juice are a real plus). I had a corner room which was very quiet and well appointed with a couch and lounge chair - I believe they call this a loft, not a separate BR/LR suite set up. The bed was awesome! High end linens, lots of comfy pillows and duvet. There's a bar/lounge that is not opulent, but pleasant, open and a nice place to meet and have drinks. Great hotel location with easy walk to many wonderful Savannah restaurants and shopping. Wonderful experience!

Room Tip: Go for the upgraded loft set up with couch/lounge set up.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
Matt G, General Manager at Andaz Savannah, responded to this reviewResponded 28 January 2014

Jim C, thank you for your nice review, I appreciate you taking the time! You are correct, the oversized room with couch and lounge chair but no separation from the bedroom is the Andaz Loft, the room with a similar seating area but with french doors separating the bedroom is the Andaz suite. The suite also has a larger bathroom with tub. Hope to see you again soon, Matt

Write a ReviewReviews (3,180)

Reviewed 22 January 2014

I have been to Savannah a few times and usually stay down closer to the river. I was looking for a new spot and discovered the Andaz online. I must say I am glad I found it. The Andaz sparkles from refurbishment and cleanliness. The location is unbeatable as it sits a stones throw from the historic district, yet has a certain neighborhood feel all of it's own. The staff were young, hip and extremely helpful. Each holding an electronic tablet to help you with any question or questions I was about to ask. The manager even brought my luggage to my room personally which I found to be refreshing. The bar was open and well stocked and I looked at the dinner menu, but I had already made plans for a restaurant offsite although wishing I had given the in house place a try. I am looking forward to staying here again.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank chappaquatraveler1
Matt G, General Manager at Andaz Savannah, responded to this reviewResponded 23 January 2014

chappaquatraveler1, I am so gald you gave us a try and so glad you you enjoyed it. JetBlue has two new direct flights to Savannah from JFK starting in February that may be convenient for your next visit! Please come back soon, Matt

Reviewed 19 January 2014

What a pleasure it was to stay at this fabulous hotel. Every detail was perfection. The staff are the some of the most professional and friendly people I have come across in all of my travels. The location is superb. I would not even think of staying anywhere else the next time I visit Savannah. Job well done Andaz!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
Matt G, General Manager at Andaz Savannah, responded to this reviewResponded 20 January 2014

travelmba, thank you for your visit and thank you for that very nice review. We cannot wait for your return trip! Matt

Reviewed 17 January 2014

Any hotel that has a General Manager who takes the time to respond to guests concerns definitely has my reservation. After researching all hotels in Savannah, the only hotel that addresses guest concerns is the Andaz. Honestly what more could you ask for. Thank you and we look forward to our stay at your hotel in March.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family

rita1252, this has to be the first pre-stay review I have seen! You've motivated us to do even more to make sure you have a great stay! Can't wait to hear what you say after your visit! Matt

Reviewed 16 January 2014

Best location in Savannah coupled with the best service and best greeting we've experienced at a hotel lately. The room was fantastic and everything you expect from an Andaz property. The outdoor patio with fire pit was a great place to relax after a long day exploring the market area. I really like the complementary snacks in the room.

My wife and I try to stay in T&L top hotels and the Andaz earned this designation the old fashion way. Start with great service, have great rooms, cool bar, great outdoor space, and be within walking distance of everything. Loved it.

The mattress was the best sleeper in the business

Room Tip: Grab a cool drink or two and hang out by the fire pit.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Matt G, General Manager at Andaz Savannah, responded to this reviewResponded 17 January 2014

MagicNC, thank you for being our guest and thank you for your very generous review! I am so glad you enjoyed your visit to Savannah and the Andaz. We feel honored to be recognized by T+L and it is gratifying to know we met the expectations you associate with that designation.

Please come back soon, Matt

Reviewed 14 January 2014

What a lovely stay. Room was quiet even with lots of hustle and bustle down in the streets. Room was spacious and bed were very comfortable. Plenty of room in the bathroom too. All staff were extremely courteous and helpful. Especially the concierge. I just love this hotel.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank DSArchitect
Matt G, General Manager at Andaz Savannah, responded to this reviewResponded 15 January 2014

DSArchitect, thank you so much for your stay and thank you for your very nice review. I hope you have a chance to come back to Andaz Savannah again soon, Matt

Reviewed 14 January 2014

Last time a stayed here, this place was called Avia and was not yet owned by Hyatt. I did notice some differences since the switch. Before, the bar and lobby area had a darker, sexier vibe to me, which I liked.This time when I walked into the lobby it felt like I was walking into a Starbucks... But while we're on the subject of drinks, the free wine at check in was nice, so were the free snacks in the room. I love do that about Andaz. I upgraded to a room with a soaking tub, but I couldn't fully enjoy this beautiful feature because once I filled up the tub and got in, I kept floating! I drained some of the water and my bottom STILL wouldn't touch the tub. I'm small but not THAT small, so I don't know what that was all about.. Anyway, the room was clean, the bed was amazing, it's in a great location for downtown, and it's right across from a parking garage where I only had to pay $9 - a lot cheaper than valet! This is my 3rd time staying here and I'll be back!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple

MissPrecious, thank you for your visit and your review! I appreciate your repeat visits. It is always nice to hear from guests who have stayed at the hotel before and after the renovation and brand switch, thanks for your insights.

Not sure what to say about your buoyancy in the tub, haven't heard of that issue before, I think I'll just leave it at that :).... come back soon, Matt