“Stellar Hotel”

Ranked #11 of 113 Hotels in Savannah
Cheshire, Connecticut
“Stellar Hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 June 2014

I was down in Savannah for from May 27th to May 31st 2014...From the moment I arrived the staff was friendly, attentive, and accommodating. The room was stylish and comfortable with all the appointments you would expect from a hotel of this class (including free beverages and snacks daily). Location was also ideal for an active tourist city like Savannah. The thing that sent this hotel into the stellar review stratosphere was on the day of my check out I took one quick walk around town and misplaced my IPhone 5...After frantically retracing my steps with no success (even used IPhone Finder...saw it but couldn't track it down) I went back to the Andaz. I got to talking to one of the staff who told me to check with the concierge, Eric....He actually walked with me about 2 blocks and called the phone from the last known location of mine..and sure enough someone had turned my phone into a local restaurant...SUCCESS...Thank you everyone at the Andaz for an amazing (and Eventful) stay...Highly recommended.

Room Tip: Get a room overlooking the Square
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Matt G, General Manager at Andaz Savannah, responded to this review, 5 June 2014
DJCol2014, I am so glad you found your phone! Thank you for visiting, I hope you have a chance to come back again soon, Matt

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (551)
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 June 2014

The staff was very accommodating from the moment we walked in thru the time we checked out. Our room was as expected with the furnishings and complimentary items all high end. The location was great, we parked and were able to easily walk everywhere we wanted. Our only issue was in not having a top sheet (new norm?). We are used to a light cover or sheet, even in the summer, but only had the comforter available. I turned the AC down to make the room cool enough to sleep under such a warm cover. The night alternated between hot and cold depending on how well covered.

Room Tip: If you need a top sheet, ask for it! Otherwise, your sleep will be mixed hot and cold.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
pkwg, thank you for your visit and your nice review. Our standard method is to make the bed with the duvet and duvet cover, but we aim to please and would be happy to use sheets and a lighter blanket. Thanks again and come back soon! Matt
Fairfield, Connecticut
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 June 2014

What a tremendous hotel! We stayed in a loft with a balcony overlooking the market square. What a fabulous view. The complimentary drinks and snacks from the mini bar was a great touch as they had Whole Foods style organic chips and drinks. The bed and the pillows (which I ordered for my home upon return from this trip) were outstanding and the shower set-up was modern and relaxing. The cocktail bar is one of the best in the city and the pool is perfectly situated. While we did not eat at the restaurant, we did see them preparing their farm to table menu next to the cocktail bar each night and it looked fabulous. Everything is within walking distance and we were so happy to return to this hotel after a day and night in this Southern gem of a town. The staff could not have been more helpful and make sure to try the freshly brewed teas in the lobby on each day of your stay. There is also an unusually large selection of cable channels.

1 Thank stafford t
stafford t, thank you for staying at Andaz Savannah, I am glad you enjoyed the hotel. Hope to see you here again soon, Matt
Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 June 2014

I absolutely loved staying at this hotel. The location is perfect! Restaurants like Paula Deen's Lady & Sons are a few minutes walk from it, so is River Street. There is also a park across the hotel.

The hotel has a modern ambience. The receptionists are not glued behind a desk. They walk around greeting guests, inquiring if they need anything, offering water, etc. My husband and I appreciated it, that one of the receptionists walked us to our room and reminded us to take advantage of the contents of the bar as they were included with our stay except for the alcohol. Sometimes, guests need these kind of reminders.

Our room had a huge bathroom with his and hers sink, a lovely bath tub which is separate from the shower. Like any Hyatt Place, it has a living room and a kitchenette.

The staff were friendly, helpful, and professional. We would definitely stay here again. It's my second most favorite hotel so far, next to Gamirasu Cave Hotel in Cappadocia, Turkey.

1 Thank Donna A
Donna A, I am so happy you enjoyed the location and services of the hotel. Thank you for uploading your photos of the Andaz suite, they capture the room well. Come back soon, Matt
Perth, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 June 2014

The Andaz is a beautiful, very modern hotel in the centre of Savannah. The rooms were not huge but they had everything we needed including the bonus extras! Staff were very efficient (although not that friendly!). We had a meal in the restaurant downstairs which was amazing, and our waiter was one of the best we've ever had! Overall, a gorgeous hotel and a beautiful city.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank AngelaGS123
AngelaGS123, It is nice to hear you enjoyed the hotel and Savannah. Thank you for visiting from so far away. I hope you have a chance to come back someday, Matt
Greenville, South Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 May 2014 via mobile

Spent 4 nights in Savannah last week of June. I chose the Andaz because of the Trip Advisor reviews and found not have been happier. The valet parking was so convenient. We were met by an open door and never had to open the door ourselves, always someone there to greet us. The room was on the 5th floor with a window overlooking Ellis square. The bed and linens were superb. The Andaz is 1 block from Bay St, 2 blocks from River St. We walked to all the restaurants and actually only needed the car to travel out to Tybee for a day trip. This Hotel is all about service and making sure all your needs are met. I will definitely stay again my next trip to Savannah

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Richard T
Richard T, thank you choosing Andaz Savannah and thank you for the review. I am so glad we lived up to the expectations our previous reviewers had given you! Look forward to your next visit, Matt
boston
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 May 2014

We had a room facing Ellis Square. It was fun looking out the window at all the festivities going on. People are always walking around, live music playing in the square and kids running threw the water fountains. The noise did not bother us sleeping though. There is a set of stairs across from the hotel to the water front area which is really nice to walk around. I have to say that I didn't find the concierge helpful when we asked for things to do in the area, we just happened to find the stairs to the water front ourselves when walking around. When you walk into the Andaz there is an overpowering smell of perfume. I thought it was one of the staff but the smell was there every time we went into the lobby.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
foxborob, thank you for the nice review! We appreciate you choosing our hotel. I apologize the concierge left you disappointed, we can do better than that. We scent the lobby with a black tea fragrence, it isn't meant to be a strong smell, I will check on the settings. Hope to see you again soon, Matt