“Fabulous location for all that Savannah has to offer”
Review of Andaz Savannah

Andaz Savannah
Ranked #15 of 116 Hotels in Savannah
Reviewed 23 July 2014

My husband and I chose Andaz after researching places on Tripadvisor! We could not have been more pleased with our experience. The place is beautiful and staff was so friendly and helpful. Located right on Ellis square, we were there for a week and didn't even need to rent a car. Within walking distance to anything downtown.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Jamie T
Matt G, General Manager at Andaz Savannah, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2014

Jamie T, thank you for visiting from so far away! I am so glad you found us via tripadvisor and so glad we lived up to our online reputation. I hope you have a chance to come to Savannah again, Matt

Write a ReviewReviews (3,226)

Reviewed 21 July 2014

I had a very nice stay at the Andaz. The room had everything I needed -- clean, comfy bed, complimentary snacks and non-alcoholic beverages, nice bathroom and free internet. Our room didn't have much of a view, but that was fine with me, because the location of the hotel itself can't be beat. We were close to everything we needed.

The hotel staff was excellent. I called the morning of our arrival to check on our rooms, and the person I talked to was proactively helpful and thought of ways to make things better and easier for me and my family such as early check in, nearby rooms, linking reservations. I really appreciated that. The valet service was easy and convenient. I usually don't like valet services and opt for self park, but the self park options in the area seemed complicated.

We also enjoyed an excellent dinner in the hotel restaurant. We were initially a little skeptical of the menu, but once we started ordering and eating, we were quite amazed. I had the shrimp and pinot noir risotto and loved it. Our waitress was especially attentive. While ordering my main course I asked if there were mushrooms in it. She remembered that when my brother ordered a crudité platter and did not put the mushrooms on the same platter out of concern that I had asked due to a food allergy. I don't have an allergy, but I really hate mushrooms, and thought it was so kind of the waitress to be concerned and proactively find a solution that worked for everyone. By the way, the crudité platter was very good with a mix of pickeled and raw vegetables. The bread was outstanding too.

Breakfast was very nice too with a great selection on the buffet. They had made to order items too, but we didn't order them because the buffet had everything we liked for breakfast.

I will definitely return if I have the chance.

2  Thank travelbugMadison_WI
Matt G, General Manager at Andaz Savannah, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2014

travelbugMadison_WI, thank you for staying with Andaz and thank you for your very generous review. I am so happy you enjoyed the hotel and the restaurant. 22 Square has its own tripadvisor page as well and if you are inclined it would be fantastic if you put some of your comments there as well. Hope to see you here again soon, Matt

Reviewed 20 July 2014 via mobile

My husband and I had a wonderful stay at Andaz! This artful, contemporary hotel is in the heart of the historic district and the thoughtful staff and management made our stay truly enjoyable. It is a short walk to any restaurant, square, park, or shop one might wish to visit but puts its guests above the noise and bustle of the city for a restful sleep. The breakfast served each morning is vast and delicious. We can't wait to return!

Stayed: July 2014
2  Thank PugMama5

PugMama5, thank you for your nice comments! I am so happy you enjoyed your stay and are considering a return visit. All the best, see you soon! Matt

Reviewed 20 July 2014

I recently stayed at the Andaz Savannah for a night before our beach vacation in Hilton Head. The hotel itself is centrally located in the middle of Savannah, walking distance to great restaurants, bars, shops and historical sights. Check In was super quick, and the front desk was very friendly and helpful in recommending lunch/dinner spots. The rooms are very clean, spacious and well kept.
We had breakfast at the hotel restaurant on the bottom floor, which offered a very tasty buffet, and also served as a good option since most of the local brunch places were too crowded by the time we made it out.
The hotel concierge can also set up many different tours and excursions in Savannah.
I definitely recomment the Andaz Hotel, great stay.

1  Thank mmento9

mmento9, I am glad you chose us for your stopover on your way to Hilton Head and that we lived up to your expectations, I hope you can return soon for a longer visit. All the best, Matt

Reviewed 20 July 2014

The Andaz Savannah had the perfect location in the historic district. It was exceptionally clean and the staff were exceptionally helpful. I liked the pool on the 2nd floor rooftop and the bar next to the lobby. The complimentary non-alcoholic drinks in the room were nice to take when walking around the historic district. We didn't try the restaurant. My only complaint was the very low shower pressure. Overall it was a very enjoyable stay.

• Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank Gaspare B

Gaspare B, thank you for staying at Andaz Savannah, I am glad you enjoyed it. I am sorry the water pressure was unsatisfactory during your visit, thankfully it doesn't seem to have marred the rest of your stay. Please come back soon, Matt

Reviewed 19 July 2014

We had never heard of the Andaz brand before and had no idea what to expect. From the moment we checked in we were pleased with every aspect of the property. Front desk staff was quick and courteous when checking us in. We were immediately shown to our king room which was modern and stylish. Our only complaint was the small dog in the room next door which had been left alone and was not happy about it. After two hours of the dog crying and whining it was obvious that it was not going to stop anytime soon. We called down and asked to be moved a quieter room. Clinton at the front desk immediately apologized and in 10 minutes had us moved to an upgraded room away from the dog and comped us breakfast the next morning. We could not have been more impressed with the thoroughly professional service.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ATL133
Matt G, General Manager at Andaz Savannah, responded to this reviewResponded 20 July 2014

ATL133, thank you for visiting Andaz and thank you for your nice review. I am sorry about loud furry friend next door but happy that Clinton worked it out for you. Andaz is still a new brand, with twelve hotels opened worldwide and several in development. Our 13th hotel, in Dehli, will open early next year. In the US we have hotels in NYC (2), LA, San Diego, Maui and Napa in addition to Savannah. Hope you have a chance to enjoy Andaz again soon, Matt

Reviewed 19 July 2014

We were extremely happy with this hotel in Savannah. The hotel itself was beautiful, especially the lobby. Our room with a king bed was small, but the bathroom was quite large. The hotel pool is outdoors and was nice to have in such a hot city. But all of this can mean little of the service is horrible. In fact, what I liked the most about this hotel was the service. Most employees seemed to go above and beyond the call of duty to make your stay enjoyable. Also, all the employees we encountered (in the halls, elevator etc) were always really friendly and seemed genuinely happy. One guy told me that they treat them quite well there, so most employees are quite happy to be there. There were a lot of "extras" around the hotel. Free coffee and juice in the lobby in the mornings, peaches and iced tea all day, and a free mini bar in the rooms for all but alcoholic beverages. These little things can make your stay a lot more comfortable when you are away from home and we really appreciated them. Parking is extra (about $23/night for valet) and there is a self-park option for a bit cheaper but does not have in-and-out privileges like valet does. Internet is free and was good in our room on the second floor. They are kid-friendly, we had our two-year-old there and I saw several other babies and kids. The restaurant on site is excellent and so room service food is healthy and great. The location of the hotel is great. You really couldn't ask for better. If we ever go back to Savannah, we wouldn't stay anywhere else.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

zeddyfromTO, thank you for your nice review. We say the hotel is just a building and the people bring the life to the place, I am glad you experienced it! Please come back soon, Matt