“Perfect Location”
Review of Andaz Savannah

Andaz Savannah
Ranked #13 of 114 Hotels in Savannah
Reviewed 7 August 2014

The Andaz Savannah is ideally located within the historic district of the town, and just a block from the river. One can easily walk to most of the city’s top restaurants, bars, and tourist attractions from there, making it a perfect stomping ground for that reason alone.

However, the hotel offers much more than just location alone. The rooms are modern, comfortable, and have fast free-wifi and mini-bars (both of which are great features of the Andaz brand in general). In addition, the lobby bar makes exceptional cocktails that are among the city’s best.

In sum, the Andaz Savannah is a great choice when visiting the town.

2  Thank Theate3541
Matt G, General Manager at Andaz Savannah, responded to this reviewResponded 9 August 2014

Theate3541, thank you so much for your kind comments about the hotel, I hope we have an opportunity to welcome you back soon, Matt

Reviewed 6 August 2014

This was by far the best stay I've had in a hotel. Definitely worth the money! Everyone from the valet to the young man that showed up at 11pm to make up the pull out sofa were incredibly professional and genuinely nice. The service at this hotel was impeccable. The rooms were very spacious and quiet. I am a very light sleeper and I had the best nights sleep here.
The beds and linens were extremely comfortable. My kids even said that the pull out sofa was one of the best that they've slept on! The location of the hotel is perfect. They offer a very nice breakfast in the morning with lots of options. The kids loved all the complimentary drinks and snacks. My only complaint is that I only had one night here. I can't wait to go back!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family

Zinwinegirl, thank you so much for staying at Andaz Savannah. It is so nice to hear you enjoyed it. all the best, Matt

Reviewed 5 August 2014

My husband and I celebrated our 30th wedding anniversary at this hotel, which was perfect in every way. From the moment of check-in, to the last day, we couldn't have had a more enjoyable hotel stay. All the staff were exceedingly helpful, and the rooms immaculately kept. So nice to have the complimentary soft drinks in the room and the complimentary coffee in the lobby in the morning. Location in the center of everything so we could walk to all we wanted to see. We highly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: We had a room with a balcony, which was nice. However, there is a lot of noise with a room overlook...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Terese2004, happy anniversary! It is an honor that you decided to spend your special occasion with us. I hope we are able to welcome you back for your 31st! Matt

Reviewed 4 August 2014

I usually don't book a hotel for $269 a night not counting the tax and $23 valet parking but I might change my mind after my three nights at Andaz. The great room and service were well worth the price. Check in was so fast and effortless. You're met immediately at the door and an employee with a tablet will have you headed to your room within a couple of minutes. The room was spacious, with a mini bar containing beverages and snacks all comped except liquor. Bathroom had a huge shower and a bathtub that would hold three people. Two robes and slippers were in the closet. Hotel location makes it an easy walk to all the nearby attractions and many fine restaurants. A Holiday Inn just won't do it for me after the Andaz.

1  Thank rward307

rward307, thank you for your very nice comments. I am glad that you found value even though the price was high. I hope you are able to come back again sometime soon, Matt

Reviewed 2 August 2014

With lots of hotels in the downtown historic district of Savannah, its hard to choose the right one. Let me end your search for you. The Andaz, Savannah, is the only hotel I'll use anymore. I've tried several chain hotels on previous visits. Most range from $150-$300 a night. Many of them, I've found, seems overused, less than spotless and lack professionalism in their staff. All these fears went away as soon as I walked into the lobby of the Andaz. We were greeted with a smile by a check-in specialist, equipped with an iPad. We showed up early, around 12:30, and we're told our room was ready and it would not be a problem to check-in early. I know they can't always accommodate early arrivals, but they are happy to do so when they can. They also gave us a complimentary glass of wine upon our arrival, which was a nice, relaxing touch. We booked a one bedroom suite, which I would recommend. It was spacious, with a comfy couch, a chaise lounge, a large king bed and a lovely bathroom with a beautiful tub and walk-in shower. The bathrobes and slippers were a nice touch too. There is also a well stocked mini bar, where everything is complimentary, except the alcohol. Our suite opened up to a balcony overlooking the street. There are several restaurants in the area, many of which are sub-par. I don't usually eat at the hotel restaurant, but in this case I made an exception. The $20 breakfast buffet offers a beautiful selection of locally-sourced fruits and vegetables, homemade breads, yogurts and jams, as well as eggs made to order with all the sides. Delicious. I didn't have dinner there, but the cocktail bar was excellent, with professional service, (which is often lacking in Savannah), and complimentary candied bacon with your drinks. Decadent but delicious. Valet parking is pricy, but worth it. I'll stay here every time I'm in Savannah. Well done Andaz!

Room Tip: Choose a one bedroom suite with a balcony, soaking tub, walk-in shower, robes and slippers.
4  Thank Jason D

Jason D, thank you for staying at Andaz and thank you for that very nice review. We look forward to welcoming you back to Savannah soon, Matt

Reviewed 1 August 2014

My husband and I stayed three nights here for our anniversary. I can not say enough good things about this place. Complementary wine when you arrive. Complementary beverages and snacks in your room. Everyone is so friendly !!! Valet is amazing and prompt. The rooms are so comfy and super clean. I recommend getting the breakfast package so you can eat at the buffet in the mornings or the cook there will make whatever you want and does a wonderful job. It is within walking distance to anything you want to see in Savannah. Everyone is very accommodating and very helpful!

Room Tip: We stayed on the 6th floor it was very quiet and away from the pool area. Great location :)
2  Thank Mandie C

Mandie C, happy anniversary! I am so happy you decided to mark this special event with a visit to our hotel. If you really want to stay forever I can arrange a special rate :) ... please come back soon, Matt

Reviewed 31 July 2014

The Andaz is located right in the middle of the action...great location. The staff is friendly and attentive. As an SPG platinum, I received an upgrade to a suite on all of my visits. The pool area is small but quite nice. Valet parking is available but I would recommend the Whittaker St garage which is located below the hotel. This would be a good hotel for couples on a getaway.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
3  Thank K C

K C, thank you so much for your visit to Andaz Savannah, it is gratifying to hear that you enjoyed it! One correction, and not to be nitpicky, but rather just to avoid confusion for another guest reading this review. Andaz is a brand of Hyatt Hotels, so your upgrade is due to your Hyatt Gold Passport status, not SPG as we are not affliated with Starwood Hotels. All the best, Matt