Fairfield Inn & Suites Savannah Downtown/Historic District
Hyatt Regency Savannah(Savannah)
US$231
  • Pool
The Marshall House(Savannah)(Great Value!)
US$178
US$195
US$220
US$202
Planters Inn(Savannah)(Great Value!)
US$140
Official Hotel
  • Breakfast included
River Street Inn(Savannah)(Great Value!)
US$205
US$344
US$270
US$168
Hotels.com
All reviewsmiss ivymlk blvdfront deskattached parking garagetrolley pickuphistoric districtgreyhound bus stationgreat locationcity marketdaily ratewithin walking distancemake your own waffleswould definitely stay here againshort walkhotel roomself parkvisitor center
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We were on the 4th floor away from the elevator. It was a quite room. The room was clean, the beds comfortable, & a large room. Our view was of the alley were you check in, but we were high enough to see the bridge over the river. We had great weather while we were in Savannah. The breakfast was wonderful, and free. Miss Ivy was so nice and kept everything fresh. Very close to the free DOT bus line. We went around twice before we found the location to check in and leave our car. The sign in the front was very hard to see when you are driving. The parking is too high, $25, and the valets were not friendly.

Room Tip: Away from the elevator.
  • Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
Lee S, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Savannah Downtown/Historic District, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Thank you so much for all of the kind words! We are load you enjoyed your stay & got to meet Ms. Ive...She is certainly an asset to our hotel.
I sincerely apologize for our valets & will work with them to improve their friendliness. We appreciate all your feedback & hope you will return to see us again in the near future!

Reviewed 16 May 2018 via mobile

Great service at hotel. Breakfast free everyday. City absolutely fantastic . Weather not so good .loved the history. Had a great time. Will go back again. Food was yummy southern fried chicken, crab ,fish yum.and the candy was great homemade

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple

It sounds like you got to see & taste a little bit of it all! We are delighted you enjoyed your stay & hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 10 May 2018 via mobile

I want to start by saying that the rooms with balcony do not have any furniture so don’t waste your money on it. We booked a standard room and upgraded because the pictures showed two chairs and a little table on the balcony and we thought it would of been nice. But to our surprise we get there to an empty balcony. We called the front desk and the lady that picked up simply said that the balconies never had furniture. We left it alone, and on our way back to the hotel from dinner, we stopped and spoke to a gentleman name Thomas. He was surprise to see the pictures and was very apologetic but also said the rooms never had it and he didn’t understand the picture. We went to our room, and about 20 mins after I got a call from Thomas saying he had given us a discount for the inconvenience. Everything was fine due to the room being good I thought it was very fair. Today during my check out valet brought my car and it smelled as if someone had a smoke war in there. Mind you I don’t smoke, and when I mean smoke I mean Weed not cigarettes. That just pissed me off to the limits. I told the front desk, and she simply said I will tell my GM. I even asked her if she wanted to go check the car with me. But I guess not.

Thomas you were great not because of the discount but because you had the intention of helping and making my trip better and you understood the issue I had. Over all I wouldn’t stay there again, but I will admit the room was nice. So don’t let my bad experience stop you, but be aware.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
Lee S, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Savannah Downtown/Historic District, responded to this reviewResponded 11 May 2018

Wow... Let me start by saying how sincerely sorry we are that you encountered these issues. We will certainly be reviewing who brought your car up & keeping a very watchful eye to ensure that either he is acting according to our policies, or that we take corrective action promptly.
As for your room, Thomas is correct that the balconies do not have furniture. I understand how the pictures can be misleading & will certainly address it moving forward. I am glad to hear that Thomas was empathetic & understanding with your concern. We hope this will not affect your future stays with Marriott. Please let me know if you are ever back in the area & I will personally see to your reservation & stay to ensure you receive the service that we strive to provide to every guest. Thank you again for taking time to share with us your experience.

Reviewed 6 May 2018 via mobile

Let me start with the good. The rooms are clean & comfortable, the location is close to the Historic area and daily breakfast is good. Now for our experience. We arrived about 10:30pm to check in, we were told that the valet hadn't shown up for work, so the front desk person was also parking cars. They didn't have the valet tags, so I had to go back to the Front Desk after settling in the room to get my Valet tag. You are required to pay $25 per day to park your car at this hotel and are impacted by their poor valet service. The next day we called down for our car, I was disconnected twice. So, I just went down and waited about 10 minutes for a valet to tell him my number. Our room had a balcony (paid extra for it) and when we went outside we noticed the room next to ours had a nice Table with chairs and ours had no furniture. I inquired about it at the front desk and was told "they were in the process of getting furniture for the hotel and not all rooms have it yet." she said she would notify maintenance. When we returned later in the day, our neighboring rooms patio furniture was gone and we had none either. Weird! The 2nd day we left the hotel at about 10:30 am and returned around 11pm to discover our room had not been serviced. I called the front desk to inform them and the person apologized but seemed indifferent. We asked for towels to be brought and they were, thankfully. When we checked out we called down for Valet and this time after 5 minutes of no answer, we just went downstairs. We waited outside for a while and didn't see a valet. We asked front desk and were informed he was on break! This was peak time for guests checking out. We waited about 20 min to get our vehicle. Another thing about the valet is the total chaos that happens in front of the hotel. It faces a strange Alley and there are cars blocking the right and left side of the street which barely leaves room for one car. There needs to be signage indicating a flow of traffic. We got stuck for over 10 minutes turning in off MLK Street because a guest was unloading their car and another vehicle had left their car for valet, which left zero room for through traffic. It's a shame because the hotel has the potential of being awesome, but the lack of customer service negatively impacted my visit and I would never recommend this hotel.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank a1jstrain
Lee S, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Savannah Downtown/Historic District, responded to this reviewResponded 9 May 2018

We greatly appreciate you taking time to share with us your experience. Let me start by sincerely apologizing for your recent experience at our property. We always desire to exceed all of our guests' expectations & we clearly missed the mark here. We have spoken with Valet & Housekeeping regarding the issues you brought to our attention. Some of the information you were given at the desk was not entirely correct which we have also addressed. We always want everyone of our guests to enjoy their stay & want to return. We have addressed all of the issues you brought to our attention to ensure they do not occur again. Thank you again for your business & loyalty to Marriott

Reviewed 24 April 2018

I stayed here for one night and was really blow away with the level of staff indifference. One woman in particular at the front desk clearly didn't want to raise a finger to help us. She waited several minutes for a colleague to appear to check us in, even though she was stationed at the "Marriott Elite" podium... I happen to have elite status on Marriott, but indubitably that was not an option for me. She proceeded to exhibit the same behavior at check-out, and looked visibly angry when we asked to store our bags. She then didn't do anything, but again waited for a colleague to appear. Very strange.

The room was perfectly fine, however, and clean. The cookies at the front desk at night were a nice touch, too.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
Lee S, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Savannah Downtown/Historic District, responded to this reviewResponded 25 April 2018

Please accept my sincere apology for the experience you had with this staff member. We will be reviewing this further to determine why this occurred, and coach this staff member on how we treat all of our guests who are staying with us.
I'm glad to hear that your room was to your liking. We hope this will not deter you from staying with Marriott in the future.