Amethyst Garden
US$191
US$188
US$182
  • Breakfast included
Best Western Central Inn(Savannah)(Great Value!)
US$86
  • Bar/Lounge
US$216
Doubletree.com
  • Pool
All reviewsrose roomb bother guestsbed and breakfasthistoric districtsouthern hospitalityfriesforsyth parktrip to savannahevery morningwonderful weekendbreakfast was deliciouswalked everywherebeautiful citylantanahydrangeasaccommodations
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 9 October 2007

It's a great inn with a refreshing and layed back atmosphere. You feel like you are saying with family. I was able to see all of the rooms during my stay. Each one is unique! Jane and Rocky are great at making you feel at home. the help that they hired are helpful too. I give this inn a five not because of the over all appearance of the house but because of the service. I stayed at nicer looking establishments that have had half the warmth.

• Stayed: September 2007, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank atl060661
Reviewed 8 October 2007

Nice place to stay, very clean and friendly. The room temps, food and shortbread was great. The staff was very helpful in planning the day and sharing your experiences with you. Gave great referrals for taxis. restraunts and experiences. Word of advice
if you have hard time climbing stairs, this may not be a good pick
stairs inside and outside are very steep.Chemise, jane, and lindsey were awesome

• Stayed: October 2007, travelled with friends
Reviewed 2 October 2007

We found this B & B on line and read the reviews on trip advisor which were pretty good. We were disappointed. The owners Rocky and Jane are very nice and do a good job at helping you arrange tours and restaurants. The Inn itself needs some up-dating. We stayed in the 2 lowers level suites- The Ivy and Hydrangea rooms. When we arrived we came in the back entrance which had broken chairs sitting there and old rugs. We were greeted one live and one dead cockroach in our rooms. Several lights were broken and carpeting in the Hydrangea room is dirty and old. The silk flower arrangements are old and worn. There still was a St Paddy's day leprecon in the arrangement and an christmas candle on the outside patio table. The patio umbrellas were old and frayed. The day to day operations of the house are overseen by 3 college girls. One does the cooking, another the cleaning, etc. I don't think college kids pay attention to the small details needed at a B & B. "Sarah's garden" was over grown and needed some attention.
I am not sure if Rocky and Jane are just tired or are financially unable to keep the Inn updated but it is in need of most real attention. We staying in the downstairs suites so can't address the upstairs room- however one couple did go upstairs to their room and then proceeded to come down and proceeded to check out. Did go to the Sweet Water Spa and have wonderful spa treatments. They did a great job! Overall liked Savannah but would choose different lodging next time.

• Stayed: September 2007, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3  Thank sisterchic
Reviewed 18 September 2007

This inn is amazing! Located in the Historic District of Savannah, there are many ways to easily get to anything we wanted to see. The food was excellent, and Rocky and Jane kept us all in stitches with their stories. They are so friendly, all the guests gathered for breakfast, and later for appetizers in the afternoon, and shared stories of their individual adventures. The room we had was beautiful and clean. I assume all the beds are as nice as the one we had. It was an antique bed that had some kind of super mattress--incredibly comfortable. I slept better than I have in a long time, which is good because we're on the run tryiing to see all we can in a short stay. The owners know everything we could think to ask about what to see and where to go to eat. We really felt cared for by the staff, without being hovered over. Can't wait to go back again. I highly recommend the Amethyst Inn at Sarah's Garden to anyone visiting Savannah!

Stayed: August 2007
2  Thank minniemouse5296
Reviewed 5 September 2007

Wonderful place to stay!The people are helpful and very pleasant to be with!Rooms are gorgous and very clean it is a wonder they are pet freindly.That is how nice the rooms are you would never know they allow pets.There is no smoking which is good for the kids.Very relaxing by the pool.The food is great.I will go back again.I think it to be very romantic only problem was I had my three daughters ages 17,15 and 13,and my two nieces both 16.Not very romantic but we found alot of things to do.We all had a wonderful time and cant wait to go back.Thank you for a great stay!!!

Dawn L Monzel