“Valentine's Weekend Stay”

Ranked #13 of 30 Savannah B&B and Inns
Marietta, Georgia
“Valentine's Weekend Stay”
Reviewed 17 February 2014

My boyfriend arranged our trip to Savannah for Valentine's Day. He researched many B&Bs. He made several phone calls to each to ask questions. Rocky and Jane, the owners, were, by far, the most helpful and the most prompt at returning calls. They were more than willing to go out of their way to handle a few surprises for me.

Rocky and Jane were extremely loving and were very well prepared for our visit. They greeted us by name and like they had known us for years. They handled calling cabs, making dinner reservations, and were always around to give options for activities. They always had various cookies and snacks out for guests. They were always visible in the house to be available to help or just to chat. We got along with them extremely well. We even got a chance to hang out with their friends one evening when we decided to come in early. We had just as much fun talking in the kitchen than we did out in the town!

The breakfast was AWESOME. The Inn was full and three of us were vegetarians. No problems. Jane easily accommodated us. Breakfast was different each day, but usually had some egg dish, and a few other hot sides. The grits were so creamy! There was also fresh fruit, coffee, tea, orange and apple juice, and granola. I loved sitting at the big table and getting to know new people.

Everyone at that Inn had a different journey in their lives and none of us were terribly similar, but we all had great conversation and had great appreciation for each other. THAT was an added bonus and a great blessing!

We stayed in the Magnolia room and we loved it. The inn was quiet at night and there was hot water in the shower. Overall, my best B&B experience.

Thanks Rocky and Jane for your part of a great weekend.

Room Tip: The Magnolia room is very nice.
1 Thank Kris S

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (143)
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 17 February 2014

This was our fourth time with this bed and breakfast. Jane and Rocky are the best hosts we have ever experienced and we stay in b&bs all over the world. Great food and a beautiful suite! Jane is an incredible cook and there was always more food that kept coming. Rocky takes a lot of pride in the inn and has done the remold work himself. If you are in need of anything at any hour just feel at home. We always do and that is why we always stay there when we are in Savannah!

Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed 17 February 2014

There are many B&Bs in Savannah but you are really missing out on the food and hospitality of Jane and Rocky if you don't give Amethyst Inn a try! It was a Valentine's weekend surprise for me and what a great time from the greetings, the restaurant reservations they made for us, the suggestions for sightseeing, the fabulous food and company. And the stories and pictures just added to the love and care they show for place they want their guests to enjoy.

Dhaka
Reviewed 14 January 2014

I can see that this Inn is very popular and receives a lot of positive reviews. I have to say I'm a little surprised as I thought it didn't really quite deserve these glowing reports. From the exterior the Inn looks a little drab. The sign outside has letters missing/hanging off and there is a general air of the place having seen better days. The hosts are friendly and warm, but I have to say I was a little disappointed by the breakfast - the quantity and choice seemed a bit limited.

We stayed in a basement room, which was dark and again felt a bit dated. May be the upstairs rooms are nicer, but I can't help but feel there must be better places to stay in Savannah.

Clearly many people enjoy staying here, and many of these things are down to personal taste, but we found the Inn a bit dated.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Getafix_on_tour
Nottingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 January 2014 via mobile

Pros: Really lovely this b&b! I'm glad we stayed here instead of a standard chain hotel because it really added to our overall trip. The room was lovely and clean with amazing features like the high Victorian style bed with a small set of steps to get on the bed! We had a really comfortable nights sleep. The whole house is very grand and impressive. The location is great, walking distance to all the attractions. The b&b owners Rocky & Jane were so nice and helpful, they were there to greet us on arrival and provided loads of useful information about things to do in Savannah. They also booked our trolley tour and arranged for a bus (for the tour) to collect us from the b&b. They leave out home baked cookies and pastries which was such a nice bonus. And the best thing- I loved the home cooked breakfast! Home made granola was amazing, fruit, grits, corn bread etc.

Cons: I literally can't think of any cons, I would stay here again!

Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Where2Next06
Tampa, Florida
Reviewed 5 January 2014

My husband and I, as well as my brother and his family, chose to stay at the Amethyst Inn for our very first time visiting Savannah. What a great choice it was! A beautiful place followed by a very friendly host and hostess. We all really felt like one of the family and I thoroughly enjoyed listening to Rocky talk about this lovely town, his time in the military and in the Vietnam War. Unfortunately, we weren't able to meet Jane as she had to go out of town, but Rocky and Chemise jumped right in and ensured that everyone's needs were met. We really enjoyed our stay here as it is in the perfect location (couple blocks from Forsyth Park and the Mercer Williams House), it's quiet and not to mention the beautiful rooms. The food was wonderful and nothing was lacking, including the snacks. The most delicious fudge I ever had and my husband is still raving about the blue crab cake casserole! I highly recommend the Amethyst Inn to other travelers as you won't be disappointed. Thank you for making this such a lovely, memorable first trip to Savannah. We are already wanting to come back and stay at your B&B.

Room Tip: We stayed in the Rose Room. The room was the perfect size for my husband and I. The bed is very comf...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank smincey112
savannah
Reviewed 21 December 2013

This B&B never fails to amaze! The holiday decor, and cozy atmosphere is top notch. The innkeepers, Rocky & Jane make you feel like you are one of the family from the moment you step in. The food is also sooo delicious. Jane knows exactly what is needed get you to ask for one more cookie, or breakfast item. We have stayed in numerous B&Bs throughout the South. We always find an excuse to come back to this place. Try it once, you will also return again for a visit.

Room Tip: rooms may be reserved on the ground, or 2nd floors. Each room has its own personality.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple