Amethyst Garden
  • Breakfast included
The DeSoto(Savannah)
  • Breakfast included
  • Pool
All reviewsrose roomb bother guestsbed and breakfasthistoric districtsouthern hospitalityfriesforsyth parktrip to savannahevery morningwonderful weekendbreakfast was deliciouswalked everywherebeautiful citylantanahydrangeasaccommodations
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 20 December 2009

They make you feel like family, she takes pride in her venue, and puts that extra special touch.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 December 2009

I spent 3 nights at Amethyst with my wife for our anniversary. This was our second time staying at the Inn. We spent our honeymoon there last year and enjoyed in so much that we just had to go back. The second time staying at Amethyst was even better than the first. My wife and I had more time to sit down and enjoy the company of Jane and Rocky. They are two of the most incredible people I know. They treat you like family and make you feel welcome in their home. Not only are they very professional, but they are so calm and relaxed as well. And the food, everything tasted so delicious. Jane's ability to prepare dishes is unparalleled. Amethyst Inn is located in the middle of Savannah's historic district, and Jane and Rocky both take time to sit down with each of their guests and talk to them about goings on throughout Savannah. In fact, I called Jane about a month prior to our trip to Savannah to inquire about a local restaurant to which I could take my wife for our anniversary. Jane did some research and even took the time to make reservations for my wife and I. All in all, the Amethyst Inn is the ONLY Bed and Breakfast that my wife and I will stay at when we travel to Savannah. Jane and Rocky have made a lasting impression in both of our lives by sharing their home with us and treating my wife and I as if we were family.

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 December 2009

My boyfriend and I stayed at the Amethyst Inn the weekend following Thanksgiving. It was such a great experience! Jane and Rocky are extremely hospitable. We stayed in the Lantana room. It's probably the smallest room, but it was still enjoyable and the price was very reasonable. The Christmas decorations all over the house really made it feel like we were coming home at the end of the day after exploring Savannah. It beats staying at a stuffy hotel for the same price! Breakfast was really tasty and plentiful. Jane really knows how to cook up some really good dishes and she likes to mingle with the guests during breakfast. She's great at helping the guests find fun things to do and good restaurants to eat at in Savannah. She'll even call to make you reservations!

I know we will definitely be staying at the Amethyst Inn the next time we visit Savannah again.

Stayed: November 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 November 2009

Location is good for leisurely exploring Savannah. Rooms were clean, comfortable and nicely maintained. Breakfast every morning was a different and superb experience. Rocky and Jane were great hosts

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled with friends
Reviewed 29 November 2009

Great Inn, wonderful food, excellent hosts. Would stay again and would recommend to everyone. Jane and Rocky made our stay memorable. We felt like favorite relatives that had come to stay for the weekend. Our room was clean and very pretty. 5 stars!!

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled as a couple