“Authentic Historic Savannah!”

Ranked #13 of 30 Savannah B&B and Inns
Ottawa, Canada
“Authentic Historic Savannah!”
Reviewed 31 January 2010

This was our first visit to Savannah and we were so pleased to have stayed at The Amethyst Inn,located in the heart of the historic district. This spacious Inn is walking district to beautiful parks and squares. The Trolley stops at your front door for a tour or you can take a horse and carriage ride, magical.

If you are looking for an authenic visit to Savannah with true southern hospitality, this is the place for you. You will not get this type of experience at a hotel or chain. Our inkeepers went out there way by personalizing dinner reservations, to having a horse and carriage ride pick us up at the front door. They are plugged into the local scene and very accomodating.

Thank you Jane, Rocky and Sarah ( whom was wonderful to our 6 year old daughter). We are planning on stopping back to see you on our way home. Thank you for a wonderful experience, we will never forget!

• Stayed January 2010, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (143)
Raleigh, N.C.
Reviewed 27 January 2010

I would like to thank the inn keepers, Rocky and Jane, for making my daughter and my first trip to Savannah a wonderful experience. It would not of been as enjoyable if it had not been for their hospitality. My daughter had a wonderful 21st birthday because of the wonderful inn. I would like to thank Rocky and Jane for making this so special for us.

• Stayed January 2010
Atlanta, GA
Reviewed 25 January 2010

This was our first time staying at the Inn and we were amazingly surprised! First, we were in the Historic District, then Rocky and Jane made us fell so at home. We were given places to eat and coupons for those places at The River Front. we were even more excited with wine and cheese hour and time to sit at the table and talk and really get to know each other. We are going back in March to stay at the end and we plan on having a lot of fun!!

• Stayed November 2009, travelled as a couple
Chicago
Reviewed 19 January 2010

I've never met friendly B&B owners. They love and live on the premises. It is truly like an old-fashioned boarding house in the best sense that all the guests are introduced to each other and can sit at the big dining room table for breakfast. We had wonderful conversations with interesting people and some even went on outings together!

Jane and Rocky make you feel completely at home in this gorgeous Victorian B&B. Rocky does all the restoration and repairs himself, and they have a large book about the history of the B&B. Oddly enough, our cab driver to the airport told us he grew up in the house next door and was going to bring some pictures by and share his stories of the house.

The tour trolleys will stop by the B&B and pick you up at the door. Pedi cabs will also come by, but it's an easy walk to everything in the Historic District.

When you arrive, they provide you with brochures, coupons, and info about everything that's going on in town while you are there.

The rooms are beautifully decorated and there isn't a false note anywhere. Rocky can give you a tour of the house and it's history, too.

And the food is great! Jane makes her own real NY bagels, but also grits and baked French toast and unique egg dishes. Breakfast was always a lot of food, fresh out of the oven. They also put out appetizers every late afternoon with wine!

If you want a reasonably priced B&B with the warmest, most wonderful hosts, with delicious food and lots of helpful advice about what to see and do in Savannah, this is the place to stay!

• Stayed December 2009, travelled with friends
New York
Reviewed 17 January 2010

We loved our stay...wanted to move in! Rocky and Jane were awesome--fun, friendly, just great. I'm a vegan, and Jane went out of her way to accommodate me. She made the best grits ever, even made bagels! It was holiday time, the house was filled with fun Christmas decorations, and our room, the Geranium Room, was beautiful. We all enjoyed each other's company so much, that on New Year's Eve, instead of going out, everyone who was staying at the Inn stayed in together. Even the dog, Nicole, hung out on the porch with us as we celebrated. We'll definitely be back.

Stayed December 2009, travelled as a couple
Charlotte, NC
Reviewed 8 January 2010

This was my first time staying at a B&B and we are hooked. I chose the Amethyst Inn mainly because Jane was so nice to me when we spoke on the phone. From the moment I walked in I knew I had made the right decision. Jane and her husband Rocky make you feel like you are part of the family. Jane greeted me with a huge hug and walked into the main common area. The entire house is gorgeous and the center of the main floor is a large island. Either Jane or Rocky are usually there cooking or preparing the next meal. We talked about the house and they gave us some great tips on Savannah and some dinner recommendations. Jane makes cookies and candy and had it out for us as a type of midnight snack. They were so good we bought an entire tray for ourselves!

Our room was gorgeous, spacious and the bed was comfortable. After we had put our stuff down we were talking with Jane and were floored to find out that Rocky did the renovations. He told us about the changes and they are truly remarkable!

I was only there for one night but truly wish I could have stayed longer. It was quiet, private and our room had an individual lock on it. I felt very safe coming and going at night. There is a small parking lot next to the house so that was never an issue. There was a hair dryer, shampoo and soap and soft towels. The bed was comfortable and not too soft. It was a great night's sleep.

The next morning we went down to breakfast at 9AM with a few of the other guests. Jane had a full, delicious breakfast made for us. There was fresh cut fruit, granola and yogurt, english muffins, raisin toast, Nassau grits, casserole and a few other options. It was more than enough food and all of it was delicious. I loved that Jane sat and had breakfast with us. She gave us tips on tours and it really felt like we were visiting family. I was sad to leave! Jane gave us a hug on our way out and I know that we will be back.

I would highly recommend staying with Jane and Rocky. They truly are opening their home and you will be glad you know them.

• Stayed December 2009, travelled as a couple
Portsmouth, Virginia
Reviewed 3 January 2010

The Amethyst Inn is an absolutely beautiful Victorian Savannah mansion, whose architectural splendor is only equaled by the warmth of the innkeepers Jane and Rocky Reed . They live up to their motto: "We want our guests to be happy." I can tell you as a seasoned traveler in the U.S. and Europe that the Amethyst delivers on their motto. Most inns and Bed and Breakfast's boast about their warmth and friendliness, the Amethyst is "Southern Hospitality"...it is the real deal from the sumptuous breakfasts to coffee in the front parlors, to friendly chats around the kitchen, and evening back porch rocking chair drinks. If you are fortunate enough to choose the Amethyst, you'll probably leave Savannah as I did, calling it "home" and counting the days until I can return.

• Stayed January 2010, travelled as a couple