WINNER WONDERLAND

Review of Amethyst Garden

Amethyst Garden
Ranked #10 of 34 Savannah B&B and Inns
Savannah
“JANE & ROCKY HAVE TOPPED THEMSELVES!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 February 2010

When relatives informed me that they were coming to Savannah for the holidays, I immediately thought of Amethyst Inn. I knew from my last experience that Jane & Rocky Reed would treat my family like royalty. They went above & beyond that! The Inn was just darling, it looked like Santa's Victorian home away from home. I have never seen so many beautiful, clever X-mas things displayed so artfully. And the food...well let's just say that no one even wanted to go out to restaurants. They had a wonderful mix of witty, intelligent guests of all ages and we all kidded around & laughed for 3 straight days! And if that wasn't enough, on New Years Day, Jane prepared a delicious sit down dinner for eveyone! It was awesome. Thanks Jane & Rocky for making the holidays just perfect!

• Stayed December 2009, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (143)
Gainesville, Georgia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 February 2010

My husband and I chose the Amethyst Inn to celebrate our 39th Anniverary. We wanted to explore Old Savannah in a more intimate, relaxing way than we had been able to in the past. Usually we get a quick weekend trip when my husband goes to an ACCG Conference once a year. We wanted a place that was in the old downtown area so we could just walk out the door and walk the squares at our leisure. We could have chosen a place much closer, right in the middle of everything, but they were much more expensive.

When we arrived we were warmly welcomed and taken to our room.. Our room was on the second floor at the end of a beautiful winding staircase. Since I had had surgery on one knee and needed surgery on the other, I was concerned about going up and down the stairs at my leisure. It would have been O.K. but somewhat tiring. Jane offered us the room on the first floor which was much bigger at a reduced price and we gratefully accepted.

The room was absolutely beautiful,decorated with tasteful antiques. I felt as if I had been transported to another century. It had an adjoining parlor with T.V which we enjoyed in the evenings. The room was very clean and well taken care of. The bathroom was very clean as well, with beautiful tile work. It was well stocked with linens, toiletries and a hairdryer. The bed was very comforable with nice crisp linens,and I am very particular about linens when sleeping away from home.

We had a delicious breakfast every morning around a table set with beautiful china, and enjoyed friendly conversation with the other guests, as well as with our hosts Jane and Rocky.

Every afternoon our hosts served wine and delicious homemade fingerfoods. There was always something tasty waiting for us in the evenings as well.

One of the most enjoyable parts of our experience was the hospitality shown to us by Jane and Rocky. When I left I felt as if I had made two new friends. Jane and I shared recipes as we discovered that we both have a great love of cooking and intertaining.

Jane even packed my husband and I a little cooler with delicious potato soup, cornbread that I had raved about, and something sweet for dessert, for when we arrived home after a long trip. Talk about hospitality!

I would heartily recommend the Amethyst Inn to anyone who enjoys charming older homes and a good old fashioned taste of the past. at a reasonable price.

• Stayed November 2009, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank MaggieRuth
Sedona, Arizona
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 February 2010

We just spent a long weekend in Savannah where we stayed in the beautiful Amethyst Inn at Sarah’s Garden. We highly recommend this B&B to anyone considering traveling to Savannah. It is well located in the Historic District and an easy walk to all the attractions. The Inn is immaculate and our room was comfortable and very attractive.

The real highlight is the warm hospitality of Jane and Rocky, the Inn’s owners. We have traveled and stayed in B&B’s all over the world and have never met more gracious and welcoming hosts. Rocky and Jane make you feel like you are family visiting them and every request was met with “yes, we’ll take care of that”. Jane spoils you with enormous hot breakfasts featuring Southern specialties and even homemade bagels. Rocky provided guidance on things to see and do and directions for getting there. Each afternoon they host all the guests at a wine/soft drinks and hors d’oeuvre hour. Again, they provide homemade goodies including a hot appetizer each day. It is a wonderful chance to mix and mingle with other guests and to make new friends and share sightseeing and dining experiences. It is like taking part in a weekend house party.
Meeting new people and sharing interesting conversation is one of the main reasons we choose B&B’s as part of our travel experience and this was certainly a wonderful addition to our repertoire. This is a real winner!

• Stayed January 2010, travelled as a couple
South Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 February 2010

My husband and I (both in our mid 30's) traveled to Savannah for a last minute getaway with our large dog. We originally picked the Amethyst Inn due to the fact they allowed dogs, but we were so glad that we did! We had the most wonderful weekend with Rocky and Jane, it was like getting together with old friends. They even sent us home with a fresh baked loaf of bread! My husband and I have done extensive traveling throughout the world, and we both agree this was the best B&B we'd ever stayed in. Can't wait to visit again! Thank you.

Stayed January 2010, travelled as a couple
Fishers, IN
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 February 2010

Jane, Rocky & Sarah, thank you for making our trip to Savannah in a word, "perfect." We had a large group to coordinate and entertain and you made it all possible. The breakfast was incredible and I know our group enjoyed the wine and appetizer hour, especially when it ended with us dancing around the dining room table. The different rooms for all the guests was so much fun, they are all amazing and the beds were SUPER comfy, I slept better at the Amethyst Inn than I do at home! When you are upstairs in your room you cannot hear any noise from downstairs. We hope to return some day in the heat and enjoy the pool too!

• Stayed January 2010
1 Thank luv2travelwithmyhub
Clifton, VA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 February 2010

12 of us traveled into Savannah to celebrate a friend's 60th birthday. The innkeepers, Rocky and Jane, extended themselves to make it a memorable event. We stayed for 3 days and with their recommendations for resturants and things to do and places to go helped take the guess work out of all the tourist hype. They opened their home and their hearts to us for a wonderful experience. Thank you Rocky & Jane.

• Stayed January 2010, travelled with friends
New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 February 2010

This place is great but you need to call and reserve ahead of time...its always bustling with people and excitement. The owners Rocky and Sarah are the most down to earth, friendly, and most accomadating people you will ever meet in Savannah...PS.... They are also great cooks and the food was fabolous....

• Stayed January 2010, travelled with friends