“Best stay at any place EVER”

Catherine Ward House Inn
Ranked #2 of 30 Savannah B&B and Inns
Nashville, Tennessee
“Best stay at any place EVER”
Reviewed 11 June 2011

My lady and I took off for Savannah and booked two nights at the Catherine Ward House. I booked the place three days out. Within minutes after I made my reservation, Leslie, the house's manager called me and asked me a few things about our preferences such as what kind of breakfast and beverages we prefered. When we arrived we met Tom, one of the owners, and he is one of the nicest people we had ever met.

The home is gorgeous and so clean. Our room was SO nice. The bed was incredible and there were wine glasses in the cabinets waiting for us. Our first morning at breakfast we were served coffee, juice, and some of the best french toast I had ever had.

Marianne (the hostess) and Tom... we got lost in conversation with them at the breakfast table for a few hours and had the best time. They know all the best sights and eats in the city and go out of their way to make your stay one you will never forget.

I have no reason to ever stay anywhere else in Savannah when I return. The Catherine Ward House I am adopting as my home away from home. I love this bed and breakfast and the folks who run it and I know you will too.

I wish I was staying there tonight in fact!

• Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank johnm1984

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (136)
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 10 June 2011

I’ve read countless reviews on Catherine Ward House Inn stating how wonderful the rooms are, how incredible the breakfasts were, and now nice the staff is. Yes, at times it does get tedious reading hundreds of stellar reviews, so what else can we offer regarding our stay? There is really no other praise we can convey except to stress that one of the main reasons we will be back is the staff at the Catherine Ward House Inn is truly sincere in making sure your stay is as comfortable as possible. In addition to your own impeccably appointed room, there are several common areas both inside and out for a genuine trip back to Savannah’s past. We particularly enjoyed our quiet time on the front porch as well as our private deck. Early mornings were magical, sitting in the living room with my coffee and book. The Inn was very calming and while in your room, you felt like you were by yourself as we heard no outside noise whatsoever. Mid-stay, we chose to upgrade to the Cosmopolitan Room which was just as quiet, comfortable and private as Nell’s Room. (We chose the upgrade only to treat ourselves, not because there was anything wrong with our originally reserved room) If you needed information about Savannah and the surrounding areas it was available by Maianne who studied the area in depth and shared this extremely informative information as if it was the first time she was telling it. Though we had a car for visiting outlying areas, Catherine’s is perfectly located, walking distance to any part of the historical center as well as the river front. One evening upon returning back to Catherine’s, Leslie greeted us with, “Look, the boys are back home”! Yes, we did feel like we were coming back home each night.

Stayed April 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Pars97
Salisbury, Maryland
Reviewed 30 May 2011

We just spent 3nights here and loved every minute. The room was wonderful: clean, quiet, large, modern, all amenities you could want, even fresh flowers and cold drinks. Breakfast each day was fabulous - healthy choices for me, yet enough to acommodate my hungry husband. We were made welcome and given lots of information on tours, restaurants, places to visit etc. Would definitely stay here again.

1 Thank aremac
Jacksonville
Reviewed 25 May 2011

My husband and I stayed at the Catherine Ward House Inn this past December and were so pleased with the Inn and service that we have already booked a room for a weekend this summer. It's the only place we'll stay when we visit Savannah. Leslie had wonderful recommendations for things to do and places to eat. We felt right at home and can't wait to visit again!

• Stayed December 2010, travelled as a couple
3 Thank theCrowes
Blacksburg, Virginia
Reviewed 25 May 2011

My wife and I had a wonderful time staying here. Our hostess was extremely nice and really helpful. She provided a map and pointed out locations we were interested in as well as suggested some great places we hadn't heard of. The rooms was really relaxing and clean. Breakfast was delicious and the time was flexible. I can't emphasize how nice this place was, we had just come from another bed and breakfast in Charleston (same price range) and the Catherine Ward House was leap and bounds better and a more enjoyable experience.

So, if you are looking for a nice atmosphere and a good room & breakfast, I'd say you can't go wrong here!

Room Tip: I liked having the room with the nice bath tub
4 Thank Plaid K
England
Reviewed 23 May 2011

This is a very beautiful house close to the centre of Savannah. Lesley has decorated it beautifully, with great taste and style. We had a lovely room on the first floor. Breakfast was very well prepared and we met some very nice people staying at the same time as us.
We would highly recommend it for anyone staying in Savannah who want a stylish place to stay.

3 Thank flashmanengland
Tampa, Florida
Reviewed 22 May 2011

Our experience began weeks before we arrived. Maianne answered my many email questions regarding dining, tours and sites to see. Upon our arrival we were met by Maianne and she took us to see our lovely room and gave us a tour of the first floor living and dining rooms and the kitchen where we could get ice and glasses for our room. Leslie, the inn’s proprietor, returned with fresh flowers as we were in the kitchen. She greeted us warmly and welcomed us to Savannah.
The Victorian home is beautiful and tastefully decorated with an inviting front porch and a small patio in the back surrounded by lush green plantings with chairs and a table near the Koi pond. A perfect place to catch up on your reading if you can find the time.
Our room was just perfect, a four poster bed, a comfy chair, a fireplace, a TV with DVD player (with a copy of John Berendt's Garden of Good and Evil) and a small refrigerator stocked with complimentary water and soda. The bathroom was large and had two luxurious bathrobes.
Maianne and Leslie couldn’t do enough for us, calling the tour company to be picked up at our front door, dining selections and comments, dinner reservations and guidance about Savannah and her gifts. They would ask if there was anything they could and we would respond no because they has already thought of everything.
The breakfasts are truly memorable, fresh fruit to start, orange juice by the pitcher, dark rich coffee or tea if you preferred. We don’t know how Leslie prepared the wonderful food from such a small kitchen but she did. We had French toast with I guess pecan topping, the next day a veggie quiche (delicious) and on our last morning a warm blueberry cake and scrambled eggs and sausage.
While we were at breakfast, Toraye was starting the task of cleaning the rooms, collecting the towels, (there were plenty), emptying wastepaper baskets and collecting the glasses from the evening before. Our room was cleaned, fresh towels returned, fresh flowers and the bed was made while we were out for the day.
We can’t say enough about the Catherine Ward House and the three women who preserve her, we will be back.

4 Thank Ray4961