“First time in Savannah”

Catherine Ward House Inn
Ranked #2 of 30 Savannah B&B and Inns
Reviewed 21 March 2012

When I first started looking for a place to stay in Savannah I had no idea that they had such a huge celebration and parade for St. Patricks Day. The was NO PLACE anywhere that had a room available. I left a message at the Romantic B & B's website to contact us if anyone had a cancellation. It was our good fortune to be contacted by Leslie!! We stayed 3 days in the Hybernia room and then switched over to Jessica's room for the other 3 days. Both rooms are kept very clean and are tastefully decorated. The breakfasts are to die for!! We had a great time walking this lovely city and seeing all the sights. Do get out to Tybee Island and the beach. We loved having a chance to see the parade. I'm glad we spent the earlier part of the week on the river as they had a million people come in for the parade!! Thanks Leslie and Sonia and everyone else that helped to make out stay so enjoyable!!

Room Tip: We liked Jessica's room as it was larger all the way around and had a private entrance from the...
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Doefraser

Reviewed 18 March 2012

We stayed at the Catherine Ward House during a cold January weekend. The Sea Trade room embraced us. I called it "the womb room." Decorated in warm, apricot hues with two overstuffed chairs facing a gas fireplace, the room was a true haven. A luxurious bathroom with an oversized tub provided further opportunities for diversion, despite all that Savannah has to offer. When we did venture out, the innkeeper provided an excellent recommendation for dining. The cheesecake at Eno was so fluffy and delectable, it was worth every one of the hours that the chef reportedly spent on it.

The location of the Catherine Ward House is a bit far from the main historical district. However, it is adjacent to Forsyth Park. We had our bikes, and it was an enjoyable bike ride to the Savannah squares.

I would definitely chose the Catherine Ward House for our next romantic getaway.

• Stayed: January 2012
2  Thank Smarsh123
Reviewed 15 March 2012

I stayed at the Catherine Ward House Inn by myself and my dog and we stayed in Room 8 (Hibernian) (one of the pet friendly rooms). This room was perfect for my stay and needs and was extremely clean. It is near Forsyth Park where I would walk my dog, but there is also a smaller grassy area next to the Inn for quick potty breaks. The staff was very welcoming and accomodating for myself and my dog as I didn't want to leave her in the car to check-in. They let me get her settled in the room first before I went to pay for my stay. The breakfast was amazing and more food than I would have imagined. They remembered that I mentioned I don't eat meat and while they put ham on everyone else's plate they didn't have it on mind. I was pleasantly surprised. If they saw me walking around they would ask if I needed anything or wanted any coffee. Very hospitable! The Inn is about a 20 minute walk to Bay St. but only about a 5 minute drive. There is a small parking lot across the street that you can park at for free. The internet connection was perfect and there was a nice TV in the room too. The shower in the room was slightly small and a tight fit, but the water pressure was great and the counterspace was amazing! The bed was also very comfy and the Inn was quiet at night so I got restful sleep. I would definitely recommend this Inn whether your traveling with pets, alone, or with someone else.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank princesszha
Reviewed 9 March 2012

We stayed in the Catherine room on the 2nd floor of the main house, and I can not recommend it enough! We had a wonderful stay! The room was very clean with an updated bathroom and working fireplace. We particularly enjoyed the fireplace on cool nights. It was very quiet at night and the bed was super comfortable. The breakfast was fabulous all three mornings. Leslie, our host, was a wonderful cook! If you have dietary restrictions, just let them know. They are very kind to work around that, as we do not eat pork. Leslie is such a sweetheart. She is truely interested in how your stay is going, but is not intrusive. All the staff are very knowledgeable on dinner recs and tour guide info. We never had a bad meal. Location is also great, everything is walking distance. What more could you ask for?! We will be back.

• Stayed: March 2012
1  Thank explorer530
Reviewed 6 March 2012

We were referred to the Catherine Ward Inn by another property and were so thankful! Leslie is a fabulous innkeeper- she gave us excellent advice on tours and dining, and is a wonderful cook! Our room was very spacious, immaculately kept, and extremely comfortable. The location is the perfect distance from the busy Riverfront area- within walking distance, but quiet. We felt very much "in the heart" of Savannah and immensely enjoyed our daily strolls through the Historic District. We'll be back for sure!

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank inRoam
Reviewed 3 March 2012

We stayed here for our first visit to Savannah. I can't say enough about our wonderful hosts Leslie and Sonia. The house and rooms are very charming. For more privacy I suggest the bottom floors that have a private entrace. We were in town for a wedding and Leslie gave us the bottom floor to ourselves. We had a patio right outside our room with a fountain filled with koi fish. Will definately return.

Room Tip: bottom floor rooms
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank maxnali
Reviewed 27 February 2012

My wife and I stayed this weekend at the Catherine Ward House in Savannah and thoroughly enjoyed the experience! Leslie and Sonia couldn't have been more helpful in making our first time in Savannah so much fun. All of their suggestions regarding as to where to eat and what to do, paid off handsomely. The house itself was charming and was extremely well maintained, The Sea Traders room, in which we stayed, had both a working fireplace and a spa tub. Leslie's breakfasts were terrific! The Inn is centrally located near Forsyth Park which enabled my wife and I to walk everywhere in the historic district with relative ease. We are looking forward to returning there someday.

Room Tip: Rooms in the back were very quiet. The Sea Trader room was both large and well furnished with comfor...
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple