“Very Special Place”

Catherine Ward House Inn
Ranked #2 of 30 Savannah B&B and Inns
Reviewed 16 September 2012

This was our second visit to the Catherine Ward Inn and again it could not have been better! My husband and I decided at the last minute that we needed a quiet, restful weekend and immediately thought of this inn. From the moment you arrive until you leave you feel like a guest in a friend's home. Leslie welcomed us on the porch the moment we pulled up. The inn was again immaculately clean and welcoming upon entering the front door. Leslie showed us to our room and asked us if there was anything else we needed. We stayed in the Room 2, The Captain's Room, this visit which is beautifully decorated with silk drapes and gold accents all around. The original fireplace adds ambience with a wide mantle that holds period art pieces and fresh flowers and a huge gilt mirror above. The queen-size bed is so comfortable with fine linens and comfortable pillows. The bath is very large with a Jacuzzi for two and a pretty pedestal sink. The towels and robes provided are of excellent quality. There is also a separate shower. Candles around the tub's edge are a romantic touch. The mini-fridge hidden away in the closet holds cold bottled water and soft drinks. No detail here is overlooked. The balcony is directly off the bath and overlooks the small interior lush garden with a fountain and koi pond. You are at tree-top height and the birds are chirping all around. The view leaves a little to be desired but you hardly notice the surrounds when you are basking in the sunshine and listening to the sounds of the birds and the flowing fountain. If you listen closely you can hear the sounds of laughter and play from Forsyth Park about 1/2 block away.

The downtown area of Savannah is full of hustle and bustle so the relaxed and quiet location of the inn is a plus for me. River Street is quite a hike(20-30 minute walk, I'd estimate) but driving downtown is fairly easy and was not a problem for us. We easily found our way around with the help of a little map in a brochure which you can get from the inn. The "squares" are all unique and beautiful and the architecture is amazing! Any help you may need with navigating the city can be obtained from Leslie or Sonja who are always willing to advise and guide you to the areas you wish to visit. They are knowledgeable of the sites as well as the best restaurants to visit.

Now to the best part---the breakfasts!! They are to die for!! Served at a large antique table for eight, you begin your feast with fresh fruit. From there you progress to the most delicious sweet and savory southern breakfast. One of the reasons I like staying at B & B's is the interaction between guests. We have met some of the nicest people from all over the world staying at B &B's!! I hope in the future that Leslie may decide to include an afternoon tea party/wine and cheese get-together for guests. In other B & B's, we have also enjoyed time interacting with others in the evenings with desserts and cordials served upon returning from dinner out on the town.

When in Savannah, do not miss a chance to stay at the Catherine Ward Inn. Thanks, Leslie and Sonja for another wonderful visit to your beautiful inn.

Room Tip: Any of the rooms is beautiful. Choose which has the amenities you prefer(ex: tub/shower; queen or k...
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Catherine H

Reviewed 12 September 2012

My wife and I, having taken many vacations, almost always choose B&Bs due to the general warmth and down home feeling that you receive. We rank the Catherine Ward House Inn in the top 5 of our stays. The location is easy to navigate to once you arrive in Savannah. Parking and accessibility were very convenient.Our room was exceptional and we were very well taken care of. Breakfast: Outstanding. Hospitality: First Rate and quite friendly. Local Knowledge: Top-notch and accurate! Entertainment Information: Detailed and readily available.
We definitely recommend this spot for your next trip to Savannah as we have no reason to look elsewhere on our next visit to the city! Oh, and don't forget to ask about Wiley's restaurant.

Room Tip: Ground floor room was very quiet; even had an alternate entry point if we needed it.
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank R2C2AJ
Reviewed 5 August 2012

This is my first review on Trip Advisor, because Leslie and Sonya from the Catherine Ward House Inn really worth it!

My wife and I went for the first time in Savannah...by the Greyhound bus.

We already were supposed to "check in" at a very late hour (12h30am), but the bus was two hours late!

Leslie waited us, and even at 2am, was really (attentive), accomodating, and welcoming. As we came very late, they upgraded for free our room...so we got a very beautiful room (the Nell's one), with a garden with fishes.

Every details were perfect!

The next day, incredible good beakfast was served at 8h15 or 9h15...as you wish. Then Sonya explained us what could be possible to do in Savannah and what she would recommend...giving us maps, coupons and all this kind of things which simplify our life when we travel.

In our room were some (free) drinks as Diet coke, coke and bottle of water (these ones were really helpful during the day!).

At the end of our trip in Savannah, Sonya and Leslie kept our luggages to help us, and Leslie even took us a drive to the Greyhound bus Station!!

Really incredible experience, if you come in Savannah, do not miss Leslie and Sonya in the Catherine Ward House Inn...

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Julie_Remi
Reviewed 2 August 2012

My husband and I stayed at the Catherine Ward House last week and it was perfect!!! Savannah is amazing in and of itself and we had the best time!! Leslie was wonderful, VERY accommodating. (I actually wish I could've sat and chatted with her longer!) I had planned everything prior to arriving but they have relationships with a lot of local businesses and they know the best places to go, when to go, etc. and even arranged for a shuttle to pick us up and drop us off for an outing. We wanted to really experience Savannah but the CWH was so lovely, comfortable, and relaxing that one of the best nights we had there was when we ordered in sushi and watched movies all night! We stayed in a beautiful room, VERY clean, VERY comfortable. (Fresh, beautiful flowers, too!) The house has several places that are so serene and beautiful, you can just sit and read or just close your eyes and listen to the birds. The breakfast was SO delicious! I can't eat eggs so she asked me what I liked and prepared oatmeal for me though it wasn't what was planned for breakfast. Its the perfect mixture of elegance, class, Southern charm, and comfort! I'm already planning our next trip back!

Room Tip: I didn't see any rooms other than the one we stayed in, the Cosmopolitan Room. It has a great d...
2  Thank The4BraggAz
Reviewed 26 July 2012

My husband and I loved staying here. Accommodations were terrific. I especially loved sitting out on the deck in early morning and then sitting in the garden when it was hotter. Leslie and her staff were very gracious and helpful. Definitely recommend.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Pamala S
Reviewed 23 July 2012

This B&B could not be nicer on the inside! We loved our beautifully decorated room and the staff was friendly and quirky and fun. The only thing I wish I could do is transport this B&B a little bit closer to the "safe" part of town. It's not that it was horrible, just a tiny bit far from the heart of the city (which really isn't a that big anyway). Overall, a very pleasant experience.

Reviewed 23 July 2012

On an impromptu visit to Savannah we found ourselves on the doorstep of the Catherine Ward House Inn. What a charming inn! We showed up last minute and the accommodations were outstanding. We stayed in Catherine's Room and it was so comfortable and romantic! Leslie went above and beyond to help us out! She offered wonderful dinner suggestions. Breakfast was outstanding! The location is right off Forsyth Park and is close enough but also far enough away from everything to make it quiet and convenient. We will definitely be back to stay again. We truly loved how welcomed we felt and how genuine the southern charm was at this cozy, romantic inn.

1  Thank Pam B