“Home away from home”

Ranked #8 of 113 Hotels in Savannah
Tokyo, Japan
“Home away from home”
Reviewed 31 December 2013

My fiancé and I just spent 4 days and 3 nights at the Old Harbour Inn, what a great stay! It was like having our own apartment in the city! Great location, very nice rooms, outstanding staff and the bed was perfect! After a long day of exploring this fantastic city it was so nice to relax in the living room then get a good night sleep before heading out again the next day. Plus you have to like the fact they have replaced the classic 'Mint on the pillow' with Klondike bars in the freezer!
All in all fantastic value considering the price and the friendly staff made if all the better.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (279)
Chandler, Arizona
Reviewed 30 December 2013

I stayed at this hotel for three nights over the weekend of the Rock 'n' Roll Marathon with a friend. The location was perfect for the race, the starting line was just feet away. All the rooms at this hotel are suites, so we had a room with the bed, then a hallway that led to a kitchen area, then a large sitting room with sofa. The hotel was expensive in my opinion, but I think it was mostly due it being one of the busiest weekends of the year. I checked out a few other hotels in the area and they seemed similarly priced, but not as much character, so I selected this one. Once I got my head around the price, it was really a great hotel for our purposes. I found the location good, but I'm not opposed to walking a bit. That being said, two of my favorite restaurants were the ones very close to the hotel, Huey's down on River Street, and B. Matthews on Bay Street. The hotel is located on a sort of alley between the two. Wear sensible shoes, there are lots of cobblestones! The hotel also has a pretty extensive free breakfast, and a free wine and cheese happy hour. My only complaint, and it's not really about the hotel itself even, is it took forever to get a cab to get back to the airport. My cab driver that dropped me off at the hotel said I shouldn't have any problem on Monday afternoon getting a cab back... so I just went to the lobby about half an hour before I needed to leave for the airport to ask them to call for one. It took about an hour, I was nervous I was going to miss my flight, but the traffic to the airport was light and so was the security line, so I made it. Just a heads up that things move a bit slower in Savannah, so allow extra time!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
Jacksonville, Florida
Reviewed 27 December 2013

Olde Harbour Inn has some suites with loft bedrooms available. Thanks to Emily or Rachel or the little gal who took our reservation (sorry I can't remember her name), she suggested this suite when I told her that it would be my husband, grown son and me. It saved us the expense of having to pay for 2 rooms and allowed us all to be together while still providing privacy! Beautiful location, greatest staff EVER, and just an overall grand experience. The rooms are beautifully appointed with lots of space for everyone! And we were told that they are renovating them beginning 01/01/2014, as they do need a little face lift! Can't wait to go back...Check it out, you won't be disappointed.

Room Tip: We were in a corner room, # 409, it allows you to see the river from every window and is on street l...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 December 2013 via mobile

Perfect place to stay with your family and dog!! Great location, close walking distance to the historic district. Staff was friendly and rooms are clean and spacious! We also enjoyed the complimentary breakfast. Would definitely stay here again the next time we are in Savannah.

Stayed December 2013
Tampa, Florida
Reviewed 15 December 2013

While the room was decorated with antiques and charming furniture, the office and common dining area now resembles a mid-level hotel with the generic non-personal serve yourself breakfast offerings. We stayed there 7 years ago and it was really quaint with a chef that actually cooked a unique home-made breakfast. The common dining area used to have really cool old furniture, too...and that's all gone now. It was a bit disappointing and very generic. It seems this inn is now owned by a company that owns several others in Savannah and we will make sure we stear clear of all of them. There is something to be said for turning a profit vs. southern charm and hospitality!

Berlin, Germany
Reviewed 12 December 2013

Ideally located, only a few minutes walk from Historic District. Very spacious rooms, good breakfast. Staff is so extraordinarily friendly (which is true in most cases in the US), but on top extremely helpful. Our luggage didn't arrive for 2 days and they helped us a lot in that situation.

Reviewed 12 December 2013 via mobile

Our room was large, clean and very comfortable. The staff went out of their way to make us feel welcome. Cheese and wine in the late afternoon and a full breakfast in the morning. I would go back there in a heartbeat.

• Stayed December 2013