“Wonderful historic hotel in old Savannah”

Olde Harbour Inn - River Street Suites
Ranked #7 of 113 Hotels in Savannah
Cary, North Carolina
“Wonderful historic hotel in old Savannah”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 September 2014

My family and I spent 2 days in Savannah and thoroughly enjoyed our stay. This is an excellent little boutique hotel located on the waterfront - River Street is down below, Emmet Park at the back, and the Savannah River right in front.

We had a river-facing room, very spacious, clean, and comfortable. You will get the sights and sounds of the river, as well as the street - just be aware that perhaps some late-night revelry from passers-by will keep you up. Otherwise, we really enjoyed the river views and close proximity to everything historical and interesting.

Excellent staff who were pleasant and helpful. Parking is on-street or in an open lot a short walk away (the hotel will assist with a parking pass). There is free Wi-fi and easy connectivity.

Best strategy is to walk everywhere, return to this nice hotel to rest/recover, and go out again on foot, horse carriage, or bicycle.

We are looking forward to re-visiting Savannah and staying at the Olde Harbour Inn.

Room Tip: River-facing rooms have a balcony and wonderful views. However, guests may hear increased noise fro...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Syed A

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (269)
Derby, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 August 2014

The hotel is a fantastic old building overlooking the river. The staff are very friendly and helpful. The location is great for restaurants, shops and bars. Breakfast was also very good. Ice cream delivered to your room everyday was a welcomed surprise. We would definitely stay here again if we were in the area.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Davie, Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 August 2014

We were very impressed by the friendliness of all the people who work at the hotel. The rooms were spacious and accommodating even though the beds were made up in a weird kind of manner. The happy hour was a delight and the breakfast was very well done. The only thing I can say that really need to be addressed is the kitchen and bathroom floor. Our room was 307 and the bathroom floor simply looked dirty...bleach does a beautiful job of whitening grout and cleaning floors. I am a clean freak but my husband even mentioned the floors. I know the hotel is old, but no excuses for poor appearances.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank patricia r
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 August 2014 via mobile

If you want great customer service, the perfect location, and the charm of the old south-THIS IS IT! The complimentary daily breakfast, wine and cheese and Ice cream delivery were great! This place was right a long the river walk and walking distance to everything! I will not stay any other place in savannah!
Side note: The standard queen room was larger than my 1 bedroom apartment!

Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Brittany W
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 August 2014

My wife and I come to Savannah every August for our anniversary. We usually stay at the Hampton, but decided to try something different this year. After looking at our choices we booked the olde harbour inn. Enjoyed it very much. Nice location, friendly staff, and big rooms. Every thing we wanted to see was in walking distance. Will stay here again next year. Maybe try to get a balcony room next time.

• Stayed August 2014
1 Thank aholloway9058
Birmingham
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2014

I have stayed at this hotel every July for the last three years. I always felt this was a great place to stay due to the view of the river and the great price for the suite. Before the interior remodel this hotel had some vintage charm. The suite that I stayed in this July 2014 had been remodeled and looked like it was trying to have a modern loft appeal. I come to Savannah for the old world southern charm so I was not a fan of the "modern remodeling" attempt. This hotel is quiet and does have a great view of the river. The room was very clean and the staff is always friendly and helpful. I just am a vintage kind of girl. I also wish the two bedroom suite had a balcony so I could enjoy my morning tea and watch the river. Overall, this is a nice place to stay; it is just a shame that they felt the need to remodel what seemed already almost perfect.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank GoddessFreya82
Fort Myers, Florida
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 August 2014 via mobile

This is my first negative post but ....Very disappointing. We had a dungeon room with a view of the back of the restaurant. Now, to be fair, we were traveling with a dog and in Savannah several hotels take pets but they seem to have gotten together and agreed on $50 and up fee. I felt we ended up paying a premium rate for second rate accommodations and a hefty pet fee. All due to the location. Do the research before you book.

Stayed May 2014