“Great location, terrific staff, good breakfast and wonderful accomocations -- who could ask for more?”

Olde Harbour Inn - River Street Suites
Ranked #8 of 113 Hotels in Savannah
Apex, NC
Reviewed 23 August 2010

My husband and I spent three nights at the Olde Harbor Inn in August. What a delightful bed & breakfast! Our room was actually a suite, which included a sitting room facing the river (great view), a small kitchen with refrigerator, microwave and coffee pot, and room with a very comfortable bed (great linens). This is the first hotel we've stayed in where we both slept 10 hours! (The room was dark, quiet and very cool --the perfect place to hibernate after a long day of touring Savannah in the muggy August heat).

When staying at this b&b, you receive a great breakfast, consisting of cereals, orange and grapefruit juice, coffee/hot tea, toast/muffins/pastries, yogurt, and fruit. Also served hot is bacon, sausage and biscuits. Their continental breakfast was the perfect start for our day. In the afternoon, the hotel sponsors a happy hour from 5:30 to 7 pm, consisting of white and red wines, water, soda, cheese, crackers and cookies. We thoroughly enjoyed visiting with other guests during happy hour-- comparing notes on what to do in Savannah, where to eat and good tours to take. Unlike any other property we've stayed in, the guests at Olde Harbour Inn became friends, who we exchanged email addresses and phone numbers so we can keep in touch...

I'd be remiss if I didn't mention the quality of the staff at the Olde Harbour Inn. Everyone was truly delightful. Dominique, the bell captain, always shared a smile--not to mention a Klondike Bar that he left us as part of our turn-down service. The breakfast cook was a delight -- not only could she cook, she could bring a smile to your morning by just being with her.

Would I go back? You betcha! For $119 on weekdays/$149 a night on weekends -- we thought it was a great deal, not to mention a great location on the river in the historic district. I hope you'll enjoy your stay in Savannah as much as we did...

• Stayed August 2010, travelled on business
2 Thank Meritas

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (288)
Westerville, Ohio
Reviewed 19 August 2010

My sister and I stumbled on this Inn and how lucky could we get. It was wonderful the best part of out trip. We stayed in the delux balcony room and it was just awesome. We could watch the tug boats leaving and the big ships coming in and the traffic of people on the river what wonderful entertainment. I cannot rave enough about the staff. The Inn should be very grateful and appreciate of the exceptional staff that they have working there. I never felt like I was a bother to any of them I just can't say enough about the staff. I hope they are well paid because even tho your inn is nice it's the staff that would make us return. The inn is very nice the furniture maybe alittle worn but clean but the extra's like the evening wine and cheese reception the Klondike bars at turndown and the staff will make you forget all about any thing else. I haved stayed in several places in Savannah and I do not think that you will find a nicer place in town. I'm hooked and ready to plan my next trip.

• Stayed August 2010
1 Thank Antywarbuc
St. Marys, Georgia
Reviewed 16 August 2010

The wife and i stayed there for our 28th annaversary we booked the Haunted on the river package with a ghost tour included for $389.00 plus tax whitch came to a total of 439.00 the room was nice and clean but the senic view of the river was obscured by the tug boat company directly between the inn and the river the coffee pot the tv channel changer and the living room telephone did not work we informed the staff three times during our stay but they were never replaced or repaired the bed had a big valley in the middle so when you got in you automaticaly rolled to the middle so my wife and i laid on top of each other all night not very relaxing the bath tub darin didnt drain very well we had to completly remove the drain plug to get it to drain the porter was friendly and walked us out to our car after we checked in and watched my wife and i remove our luggage and carry it to our room he was however courtious enough to open both front doors for us as we had our hands full as you may have guessed WE WILL NOT BE STAYING AT THIS HOTEL AGAIN

• Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple
3 Thank dinknjan
DeLand, Florida
Reviewed 12 August 2010

My husband and I arrived at the Inn and was impressed by its charm. We were there on a business trip. From our room, we had a great view of the river. We found the staff was helpful and friendly and the food good. However, the room was not clean! I happened to notice the soap seemed old and had little smell. I asked my husband about it. We soon realized we were using a USED bar of soap. Each of us thought the other person opened the soap. UGH!!!!! The towels had stains on them from makeup to who knows what else! The bedspread had a faint stain that almost looked like blood. I walked around the floor in our room in my socks and I happened to look at the bottom. They were really dirty! Our room was just not clean. For the price we paid, I was appalled. Never have I found stains on towels in all my years at staying at hotels. I was left at the inn while my husband worked and I heard the couple next to our room talking as if they were in our room! I heard every word they said! Thankfully, it seemed I only heard them when they appeared to be in the front part of their room. Since we have never stayed at the inn before and not sure how the rooms are set up, we can only guess we heard them when they were in the front part. Its a shame the inn is not clean as the rooms were large and the staff goes out of their way to make you comfortable. We would not stay there again inspite of its charm and friendly staff.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled on business
1 Thank stevnshell
New York City, New York
Reviewed 22 June 2010

I booked over the phone, and asked if the room had a working kitchen, since I planned to cook a few meals as well as eating out. The guy on the phone assured me that the room certainly did have kitchen, yes indeedy. However, when I checked in, I realized there was only a fridge, a sink and a microwave. "Okay, my mistake, I should have asked more detailed questions," I thought. I had mentioned wanting to cook, but maybe some people cook all their meals with only a microwave. Just a misunderstanding.

But then, the room wasn't thoroughly cleaned -- the coffee table was covered with the trash from someone's Wendy's take-out. That wasn't such a big deal either-- the bellman and I cleared it away. But later I noticed a large dead cockroach on the bathroom floor. That stayed there through several maid services, until finally my boyfriend picked up himself and put it in the trash. There was also a vase of dead roses on the table that may have belonged to the previous guest, and these were never cleaned away. But that wasn't such a big deal, just weird.

I didn't start to get seriously annoyed until we tried to get some help planning a day trip to Tybee on the last day of our stay. That morning the desk clerk was deeply absorbed in helping an attractive young man arrange a massage at a local spa, and basically acted as though she had never heard of anyone attempting to get to Tybee from Savannah. She sweetly wished us good luck getting there before returning to her task of securing the young man's cell phone number so she could call him back if none of the times he requested was available. "Can we get there by cab?" we feebly asked. She said something like, "I'm sure you probably could."

But okay, we're low-maintenance. We ended up just using the internet to find a cab. We had literally just set foot on the beach at Tybee (a $40 cab ride) when the sweet but clueless desk clerk called back to say she was alarmed to discover that we hadn't checked out that morning. There was a mistake in our reservations, someone else would be staying in our room that night, and they asked us to come back immediately and check out.

This was the point where I started to get pretty irritated, as the clerk said, "We have your signature confirming the dates from the document you signed when you checked in." Okay, so you gave me something to sign that had the wrong dates on it. I know I gave the guy the right dates when I made the reservation over the phone, and it didn't occur to me to double-check everything. Also, if the desk clerk had just stopped fawning over the young man who wanted a massage for a minute to help us plan our day trip to Tybee, she would have realized we weren't intending to check out that morning.

Anyway, we spent a few minutes on Tybee beach arguing with the desk clerk on the phone. She at first seemed to think they couldn't even offer us any discount, and said there was no way they could move our stuff to another room for us, or offer the new people a comparable room. Then she "got a manager to authorize" her to offer us a cheaper room and move our stuff for us. (Was this a discounted rate? No, it was just a cheaper room!) Finally, she started talking vaguely about a discount. When we pinned her down on the amount, she offered to knock twenty bucks off the night's stay! Sheesh.

Ultimately, if they'd handled the mix-up a little differently, it could have all worked out fine. But in the end we decided there had been so many little mix-ups that we couldn't trust the people to move all our stuff from one room to another, so we came back and checked out (which is exactly what they wanted us to do, of course). Boy we were annoyed, though.

We found a cheap and perfectly nice room up the river at the Riverfront Marriott. The rate was the same as the discounted rate that the Olde Harbour Inn offered.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled as a couple
2 Thank almond7777
Fort Recovery, Ohio
Reviewed 9 June 2010

Gross to say the least! Floors weren't swept, found a toenail on carpet, blind was hanging from ceiling in upstairs room, body hair all over bathroom floor, was missing all but one towel in bathroom, moldy scum on shower curtain, poop on the toilet, scum on sink, and dirty sheets on the bed that smelled like Bengay cream!!!! You could even tell where the previous person slept on the sheets! They have really let the place go down hill! Sad thing is these are easy things to fix...it's called CLEANING!! Staff was nice and it was a good location...That's the only good thing to say about the place.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled with family
2 Thank FortMomma
Mount Juliet, Tennessee
Reviewed 8 June 2010

My mother and I traveled to Savannah for 3 nights the middle of May, 2010. I had initially tried to make a reservation of one of their sister B&B's but it was unavailable so I went for this one, mainly because the rates were reasonable and I thought we would enjoy the river location. We did and are so glad we stayed here. The staff was very accomodating and friendly and we both enjoyed the wine & cheese reception each afternoon. With Olde Harbour being directly on the river, you have to climb old iron steps to get to access to the road/sidewalks for the tours, etc. but that's part of what makes it so unique. Breakfast was provided daily and was set up buffet style - no eggs but you do have instant oatmeal & grits, bacon/sausage, biscuits, pastries, bagels and several varieties of cereal in addition to coffee and juice. Nothing fancy but just enough to get you going and on your way to visit the various sites. The room was large, roomy and was equipped with a full kitchen and a king size bed. Noise was not a problem for either of us. The wi-fi was spotty at times but that was ok. I would definitely recommend this B&B not only for the location to many sites, restaurants and shops but also for the atmosphere and accomodations. We were very happy and my husband & I may make a trip to Savannah this fall.

• Stayed May 2010