“Ghost Tour”

US$17.00*
Haunted History of the Squares of Savannah
Ranked #35 of 220 things to do in Savannah
More attraction details
Owner description: The Sorrel- Weed House operates Historic Savannah Tours and Haunted Ghost Tours in Savannah. Our purpose is to educate the public on the rich neoclassical Greek Revival architecture of the Sorrel- Weed House and the the famous architect Charles Cluskey who designed it, along with and the cultural history of antebellum Savannah Georgia. A focus is also maintained on Civil War Savannah, and the role of Brigadier General Moxley Sorrel CSA. Moxley served under General James Longstreet and wrote "Recollections of a Confederate Staff Officer". We also operate Haunted Ghost Tours in Savannah, as The Sorrel- Weed House was featured on Ghost Hunters with Jason Hawes and Grant Wilson in 2005, HGTV "If These Walls Could Talk" in 2006, the Travel Channel in 2010, (the Most Terrifying Places in America) and Ghost Adventures with Zak Bagans, Nick Groff and Aaron Goodwin in 2014. In January 1940 - The Society for the Preservation of Savannah Landmarks opened the Sorrel- Weed House to the public. The name of their exhibit was "The Society for the Preservation of Savannah Landmarks Presents a Loan Exhibit of furniture and fine Arts 18th and 19th Centuries at the Sorrel-Weed House on Madison Square. Jan-April 1940" They were founded in 1939 and eventually became the Historic Savannah Foundation. 1954, The Sorrel-Weed House was designated a Georgia State Landmark. It was one of the first houses in Georgia to receive this honor. 2005- The Sorrel Weed House opened to the public for Historic House Tours and Haunted Savannah Ghost Tours. 2010. The Sorrel Weed House was designated a Museum in the State of Georgia.
Reviewed 15 June 2014

My husband and I went on the extended ghost tour while we were on our honeymoon earlier this month. We had a wonderful time! The tour guide, Nick, was very informative and interesting. He encouraged everyone to take plenty of pictures. He told us the stories, but not in a cheesy way. What we loved the most about the tour was that we got to explore the house. We weren't just in a trolley listening to ghost stories. It was really fun. After the tour of the house and the carriage house, Nick took my husband and I around some of the squares and told us some of the popular stories. He really knew his history, which my husband loved . We had a great time. I feel that we definitely got our money's worth on this tour.

1  Thank Sarah M

Reviewed 29 May 2014

Our tour guide was very funny and knowledgable. We did the day time history tour. There is also a night ghost tour, which we did not do. The house is being restored so only the downstairs and first floor is available to tour. Yes it is pricy but I think it was worth it especially hearing what they have done and are doing to restore the home.

2  Thank KGodinez
Reviewed 28 May 2014

For the price I don't think you get as much as you should but it was still informative. You only get to see a couple rooms of the house since its still being renovated. This was the only house tour we did so I am a little disapointed but we will be back!

Reviewed 26 May 2014

The Sorrel Weed House has a twisted past, and it is all told in the tours. There is something about hearing the story in the basement that brings chills to you.
The tour guide we had was extremely fun and interactive. We did not have a large group, so he encouraged you walking around viewing things while he spoke (as long as you stayed in the room... understandably). While other tours, you feel like you should stop and pay attention to the person speaking, the tour guide encouraged you to look at what you want to look at (the house) versus him.

Overall, such a twisted history plus good tour guide gave this place an errie charm!

1  Thank ndmjax78
Reviewed 24 May 2014

I went to the Sorrel-Weed House not knowing what to expect. There were a lot of teens in our group. When we went up to the room where Molly was hung, the flash light kept going off and the kids were taunting her spirit. All of a sudden her spirit came through me, being a medium and a channeller, I quickly found out the whole story. Molly was hung by the owner who continually raped her, she was pregnant, he hung her, but his wife found out about what he had done and he pushed his wife off the balcony. When the tour guide heard me and what I had said, he commented, saying OMG that's exactly what happened. Except for the crowd, it was pretty good. The tour guide asked me to stay back, as it was the last tour of the night, to do a more thorough investigation. Yes it is haunted, and it was very enjoyable. I stayed there until 2am and then left.