“Corn fed beef!”

Ruth's Chris Steak House
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #126 of 904 Restaurants in Savannah
Price range: US$65 - US$75
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighbourhood: Downtown
Cross street: Whitaker
Description: Quality Is Not A Trend. It's Our Signature. The memory of a great meal stays with you long after the table's been cleared. Which is why we use only the freshest and finest ingredients, like USDA Prime steaks, fresh-squeezed juices and locally sourced produce. Quality ingredients, attention to detail and that special sizzle - it's what we're passionate about. Whether it's a romantic steak dinner for two, an important business dinner, or a private party, Ruth's Chris Steak House can accommodate your needs. Our Savannah steakhouse provides guests with a warm, comfortable atmosphere and impeccable service.
Reviewed 19 May 2014

It was a bit pricey for what we got, but it was very good! I guess you pay for the corn fed beef and no hormones. You order your entree and it comes ala cart, so all you get is your meat. Your sides are big enough for two people so you share those. We basically ordered a steak and one side. You do get some bread with your meal but no salad. Overall, It was good we just didn't feel it was worth the money. For two it was over a hundred dollars.

Reviewed 28 April 2014 via mobile

Under cooked fish sent raw after highlighting "well done" when ordering topped the evening. Service slow. Waitress so pleased to tell us her life story while my lamb chops cooled waiting for my wife's fish. Fish returned still undercooked. Waitress needs to be fired for having a big mouth. Our table was not the only one experiencing issues. The manager did admit to the kitchen having problems and would be rectified. If you enjoy Ruth's Chris as much as we do, having eaten at too many to count, stay away until the kitchen gets it together.

Reviewed 22 April 2014

As a fan of Ruth's Chris, this place will not disappoint. Food excellent, service excellent, and location convenient.

Reviewed 14 April 2014 via mobile

I ordered the filet (well, butterflied) & it took two tries to get it well done, but by then, my steak was a rubbery, dry, burnt tasting mess. The manager took care of the situation which helped a little. He comped my steak and brought out a hot side to go with my almost inedible steak. The experience was messed up because my husband had to eat his steak before it got cold, so I was just sitting with no food & we could not eat together. Good manager, bad steak this time.

Reviewed 10 April 2014

For years i have bee hearing that Ruth Chris' Steakhouse has the best steaks so I simply had to find out for myself.

I came here with two coworkers after we finished a hard week of training in the simulator.

We all decided to order the 6oz, fillet since we had a large lunch. To accompany the meal were Shoestring Fries, Cream Corn and Sweet Potato Casserole.

The fillet was topped with 3 shrimp arranged in a pinwheel. The steak was seasoned well but as a steak simply did not measure up, it wasn't that it was bad but it certainly did not live up to its hype of being the best steak there is. I would say that it was far from it, I would put it at the same level or even slightly lower than the steaks served at places like the Texas Roadhouse. The three shrimp were ever so slightly under cooked and the quality was sub par.
The three sides were probably the best part of the meal in particular the Sweet Potato Casserole.
For dessert we had the Bread Pudding and a Chocolate Volcano type Cake with ice cream - not only were they both sub par, they downright sucked. The cake was extremely dry and tasted like a box cake the Bread Pudding was hard and uninteresting. I had about a third of the cake and my coworker had 2 spoonful before giving up on the Bread Pudding.

Drinks are extremely overpriced, I ordered 2 Frangelico's on ice at the whopping price of $28 - that is $14 a pop. Oddly enough, the Maker's Mark Bourbon was about half that. For that I could have bought an entire bottle ($24) or at the very least enjoyed a decent glass of Cognac - not just Frangelico.

Overall the experience wasn't bad the service was definitely the best part of the outing but the food left a lot to be desired - it certainly isn't the best steak not by a long shot.