Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Savannah-Midtown
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
US$273
US$158
US$237
US$208
  • Restaurant
Best Western Central Inn(Savannah)(Great Value!)
US$81
Hyatt Regency Savannah(Savannah)
US$174
US$168
  • Pool
All reviewsroom was cleanhistoric districtbreakfast baryogurtshort drivesavannah midtownfront desk staffthe rooms were nicetybee islandtrip to savannahrenovationmicrowavefi
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 11 July 2012

This property is in the middle of renovations and they are beautiful! Our suite was so nice, fridge, microwave, coffeepot, desk in the living area, jacuzzi, king bed that is so comfortable and overall just perfect!

This property is very professionally maintained. Definitely recommend!

Room Tip: We were in room 213 and though the hotel is booked up pretty good, it is quiet.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 July 2012

Recently traveled with Boston area family from NJ to Atlanta (GA) to Savannah to Decatur, AL to celebrate our Aunt's 80th birthday. The family camped out at the Holiday Inn Suites on Route 204 in Savannah after a day of driving and site seeing in 100+ degree Farenhiet weather. How nice to be greeted by super pleasant staff and shown to a spacious, clean and thankfully cool double bed suite, with a sleeper sofa to boot!! More than enough space to ensure that my three cousins and I were comfortable. Even the other residents that we met in the elevators and at breakfast (they had gravy biscuits!!) were friendly. Very reasonably priced - - would recommend a stay if you're in the area. Great shopping nearby - - Dillard's was having a killer sale!

Reviewed 9 July 2012

This was a just an overnight stop for us as we were heading up the coast. We actually booked the "wrong" HIEX as we thought this was the one right at the exit off 95. However, we realized our mistake and drove the extra 8 miles off 95 to the hotel. The outside looked very nice, however, we were not impressed with several things at the hotel. The room looked clean but it didn't have a very fresh smell to it. The beds were very comfortable and we did have a good night's sleep. The pool was in the rear of the hotel with no security at all. Anyone could have pulled into the rear lot and come into the pool. We did not feel comfortable with this arrangement and did not go out in the evening for a swim as we did not feel that we were in the safest part of town. The next morning, even though they had a pancake maker, toast, and english muffins, they had no butter or margarine even though we were basically the first people to arrive for breakfast.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Savannah-Midtown, responded to this reviewResponded 5 August 2012

Dear peanutsNewYork,

Thank you for taking time out of your busy day to leave us a candid review. It delights me that you found the beds comfortable. Let me take this opportunity to apologize for falling short of your expectations regarding some of our facilities and during breakfast. I assure you that every comment, no matter how small, is taken very seriously. We hope to get a chance of hosting you again and show you how great our hotel is.

Karen G.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 8 July 2012

I cannot believe how horrible the staff were at this location. I've never stayed in a Holiday Inn Express, but have heard good things about them before. I admit and know that booking a last minute trip isn't always the best, but seriously there was no reason for the staff to act the way they did. I booked 2 rooms and they gave one of mine away. I was traveling with a baby and was given a smoking room! My friend ended up feeling horrible staying in the room and we both have asthma! One of the rooms had a sleeper and it was broke. When we told them about this they just shrugged their shoulders. When I told them I booked 2 rooms one person told me "oh well". Did I mention that housekeeping walked in on me while I was in the shower!?!?

There were a couple of people that were genuinely nice and saw my demeanor and did what they could like take a night off the bill and a late check out because of their screw up, but regardless of what they did I will not be staying at a Holiday Inn again!

1  Thank slallison03

Dear slallison03,

Thank you for your review regarding your recent stay at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Savannah-Midtown. I am very sorry for the unacceptable service you received during your stay. I would like to address this with you further. I have sent you a private message to obtain more information about your stay. I look forward to hearing from you and being of further assistance.

Zelyn N
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 1 July 2012

We enjoyed our one night stay. They were out of double bed suites, but they accommodated us with two rooms for the price of one which worked out great. The breakfast included hot items (sausage, biscuits & gravy, eggs), and the beds were very comfortable. Seating in the breakfast area gets full quickly; but, there is a 2-seat table in the room with a fridge and microwave, so we could take our breakfast upstairs, if downstairs was crowded.