“Stolen item from room..manager Melinda and Ashley at desk wonderful.But higher ups not helpful.”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Savannah-Midtown
Ranked #71 of 113 Hotels in Savannah
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 18 February 2013 via mobile

We brought a family group of 8 for our yearly trip to savannah. First time at this location. Left for two hours and housekeeping was on our floor ,we had two rooms. Came back to freshen up and a brand new bought the day before bottle of perfume was missing. Went straight to front desk and Melinda was very compassionate and helpful even came up to our room. Promised resolution as we headed back out for the day. Waited for the GM to call as promised and he did not. Upon checkout Ashley at the front desk helped us get a hold of him.
He comped one room for one night and half off for another room.(we stayed two nights both rooms).when speaking with me he said the housekeeping would not take our things further making us feel as if we were not believed.
Everytime we left the hotel we packed the rest of our things and kept them in our vehicles. You shouldn't have to do that when staying at a hotel.
I feel as though Melinda and Ashley helped us and showed compassion however gm did not. Don't leave items unsecured even toiletries. .sad it is a beautiful hotel with at least two wonderful employees. Ruined our trip

• Stayed February 2013
1 Thank criss-clean
Chris M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Savannah-Midtown, responded to this review, 19 February 2013
First let me thank you for choosing the Holiday Inn Express Savannah Midtown. We were delighted to have you as our guest. We deeply and sincerely apologize for the inconvenience that was caused during your stay. We are still investigating this issue and will call you with a resolution.

Yours in Service,

Chris Manor, General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
Fairport, New York
Reviewed 12 February 2013

On our way from home in New York to Florida, my 92-year-old mother fell at the Georgia Welcome Center and broke her left femur just below the hip socket. After eight hours in the Emergency Room and a transfer for surgery to St. Joseph's Hospital, I was looking for a room at about 3 A.M. The nurse suggested this Holiday Inn Express Hotel, about 1/2 mile away. Arriving at 4 A.M., I was warmly greeted and given the "Hospital rate." Eventually, I stayed there for 13 nights as my mother was operated on and underwent rehab so she could travel.

The Hotel was very accommodating as I kept extending my stay a day or two at a time. The room was quiet and very well maintained. It has a table desk with a swivel chair as well as a comfy chair with a hassock. I could control the temperature easily and the water was always hot. Wi-fi was easily accessed and quick enough to be able to stream sporting events. What I wished I had that I have had at other Holiday Inn Express locations were a refrigerator in which to keep my medications and a microwave. One quirk was that the cable TV did not have a PBS station.

Breakfasts were plentiful with a varying choice of hot items including scrambled eggs, pre-made omelets, sausage, bacon, biscuits and gravy. A push-button pancake machine worked well about half the time. Good Orange Juice. Sweet cereals were offered, as well as bagels, muffins, toast and yogurt. The warm sweet rolls were deliciously cinnamony. The large breakfast area was kept scrupulously clean. The only disappointment with breakfast was the lack of fresh fruit many mornings.

The location was very convenient for me. Parking was no problem. Lots of chain dining options, a local seafood place, grocery stores, pharmacies and a shopping mall were all within a couple of miles. Abercorn Street itself is a little difficult as the median often requires you to start in a different direction from the way you are going.

The staff was very cheerful and helpful -- pointing me to a nearby laundromat as my stay lengthened. All in all, the Hotel made my unexpected and lengthy stay pleasant.

Room Tip: The hotel is enough off the highway that all rooms are good.
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank tombantle
Goose Creek, South Carolina
Reviewed 26 January 2013

We arrived a bit late and absolutely tired. Checking in was a breeze and they had already upgraded us which I didn't think was possible with me being only a Gold member and the fact that a major hockey game was going on. The front desk team was great Ashley met us with a smile and made us feel welcome. Kudos to the Savannah-Midtown team.

Room Tip: A king suite is roomy and comfortable for couples.
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
Decatur
Reviewed 29 December 2012

I am a Holiday Inn priority club gold member and therefore use HI Express frequently. We were greeted warmly by the receptionist and my initial impression was very favorable. The entrance was clean and pleasant. Negatives though for this hotel include: noise from other rooms; they ran out of coffee a half hour before the end of the breakfast time; the maid did not replenish or clean out the coffee pot; there were no hand towels one day in our room. Overall very disappointing, not as good as other Holiday Inn Expresses.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank BritChris95
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Savannah-Midtown, responded to this review, 11 January 2013
Dear BritChris95,

Thank you for taking the time to communicate your concerns via TripAdvisor. I apologize for any inconvenience you have experienced.
Though I would prefer you had a better experience at the hotel, I would like to thank you for providing your feedback. We have taken note and wish to thank you for all your comments. We will review with the staff to avoid similar situations in the future. These are of great importance to us and allow us to monitor and improve our service continually. Your business is valued and we hope your future travel plans will continue to include IHG properties.

Regards,
Brenda J.
IHGCare
Reviewed 24 December 2012

My husband and I enjoyed the location of this hotel because it is not a very busy area of Savannah. There was nearby restaurants, stores, and parks. The staff were very friendly and the hotel was very clean. The only complaint we would have is that two hours before the complimentary breakfast was over the breakfast bar was out of a lot of food so there wasn't a big selection. If we are ever traveling through Savannah again we would stay here again.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
Rincon,GA (near Savannah)
Reviewed 8 December 2012

I did not have to listen to the people on both sides of our room (no one talking loud) or people walking around. It seems the walls are very thin and you can hear everything!!!!!!!
There was a huge light outside my window and we had to keep the curtains closed, which I did not like. Other than that, the rooms was nice, nothing fancy, and it was clean.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank 68fastback
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 20 November 2012

I brought my family to Savannah for the weekend, and we generally prefer to stay in either a Holiday Inn Express or a Marriott Courtyard. HIE won out on this trip, and most everything was great. The whole place smelled great (I will not stay in a smelly hotel), and, most importantly, our rooms were clean and comfortable. Breakfast was good, and there was plenty of seating. The staff was very pleasant. I would not, however, recommend staying on the lower levels as we were awakened every morning by the guests above us, hearing every step they made across the floor. Also, there were people right outside of our door slamming a door over and over again. I'm pretty sure it was the housekeeper, too. Other than the noise, this was a great hotel.

Room Tip: Stay on the top floor away from the noise of the lower levels!
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled with family