“Good Value Hotel”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Windsor, Colorado
“Good Value Hotel”
Reviewed 14 May 2013

This hotel's best feature is the location to Historic Savannah without the astronomical room rates closer in. It's a straight 20 min. drive down Abercorn into the historic district, and there are many good restaurants and shops in the vicinity of the hotel. Also, the breakfasts here were far superior to what we encountered at a La Quinta in Charleston... there was ham and scrambled eggs every morning which I appreciated over cold cereal. The staff was always personable, room was clean. Only negative was on our last day we returned that evening to our room to find the door had been left ajar (the metal stick to prop door open had been turned toward the door) for the entire day, by the maid we are assuming. My husband was quite upset and let the clerk know if anything was stolen from our room, he'd be contacting the GM. Fortunately, we did not find anything gone, but that was quite a large oversight by the maid (or whoever) to leave our door open all day.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
Chris M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Savannah-Midtown, responded to this review, 8 August 2013
Thank you for choosing the Holiday Inn Express Savannah Midtown. Next time your are in the Savannah Area, please stop by the desk so I can introduce myself. Thanks again.

Yours in service,

Chris Manor

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
Greenville, South Carolina
Reviewed 13 May 2013

My husband recently stayed in this hotel for buisness and I visited him. He had a great room, with 2 queen beds. The bedding and pillows were great.

This hotel is near a ton of stuff since it is right off of Abercorn. There are plently of restaurants and shopping is everywhere around. It takes about 20-30 minutes to get into downtown Savannah from this location.

While there are a lot of positives, the cleanliness wasn't great. When I got there, I noticed that there were shards of plastic in the corners of the bathroom, as if someone had dropped a plastic bottle and it shattered. Throughout our entire stay, those were never swept up. There were also small stains on the carpet and a few other small things that just made me think "I would expect a hotel to be cleaner than this". It certainly wasn't anything that would make me consider not going to the hotel again, in fact if we are looking for something outside of Savannah to save a little money it would probably be worth it.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Savannah-Midtown, responded to this review, 4 June 2013
Dear JulesBlackmon,

Thank you for staying with us and providing us with your valuable feedback. I am pleased you liked the location of our hotel. However, I would like to apologize for any inconvenience the room conditions may have caused you. I have taken note and wish to thank you for all your valuable comments. These are of great importance to us and allow us to monitor and improve our service continually. Thank you for staying with us and we all hope to have an opportunity to serve you again.

Janice A
Reviewed 10 April 2013 via mobile

It's really close to restaurants and shopping. The place was nice and clean, no wifi but it did have accessible cords for laptops in the rooms. It was a nice stay and the handicap accessible rooms were just perfect to accommodate wheelchairs. The staff was polite and helpful and I would definitely stay here again. It was pleasant!

• Stayed January 2013
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 April 2013

We stayed at this hotel for 2 nights whilst visiting the Savannah area.

The hotel was set back off the main road along with a couple of other hotels and restaurants. It was a short drive into downtown Savannah but there were plenty of shops and restaurants nearby, including 2 malls.

Our room was on the 2nd floor and was clean, comfortable and quiet. Breakfast was good and all the staff we encountered were friendly.

We would stay here again if we returned to the area

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 April 2013

Great location near lots of restaurants & shopping. Great price & helpful staff. Good breakfast. Near downtown. Nice size room & beds. Would visit again & recommend to friends & family. Nice area. Near the mall & other stores. All types of food nearby. Easy check out process.

• Stayed April 2013
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Savannah-Midtown, responded to this review, 1 May 2013
Dear Luscious76,

We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience regarding your stay at our hotel. We are delighted you enjoyed your overall experience with us. It is our goal to consistently provide superior service and accommodations at our hotel and your comments are important to us. These are of great importance to us and allow us to monitor and improve our service continually.

Once again, thank you for staying with us and providing us with a candid feedback.

Joel B
Tampa, FL
Reviewed 8 April 2013

We stayed here the first weekend in April. The hotel staff on the most part were very friendly, especially Jasmine. Our room was suppose to be a Suite but was missing the sofa. Other than that it was fine, lots of room to move about and clean. The express breakfast was very good. My husband was fascinated with the pancake maker as he had never seen one. Although it was not working on our last morning there. Each day they had different choices of meat and lots of other things to choose from. It was well worth the price we paid for the stay.
The drive into downtown Savannah took about 20 minutes but it was a straight shot up Abercorn St and not a bad drive. I would have preferred to stay in the historic section but this location was much more affordable. We would stay there again.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
Sumter, South Carolina
Reviewed 2 April 2013

My wife and I stayed for three nights and were not all that pleased with every aspect of our stay at this particular hotel. Poor customer service is my biggest complaint. The first issue was a simple request for an additional folding luggage rack since my wife and I each had our own suitcase. Not only did I have to go to the front desk twice for this same request, when someone finally got around to hunting one down, and bringing it to the room about an hour later, it was broken and I had to rig it to get it to hold the suitcase. The second issues was the second morning when we went to get a shower and realized the cleaning staff took our old towels and did not leave us any clean towels. My wife went to the front desk and requested towels and even though they were supposed to be delivered immediately, none ever showed up. We ended up sharing the one large spare towel that was left and using the smaller hand towels to dry off. After waiting for towels that never arrived, I was finally ready to take advantage of the complimentary breakfast that was supposed to be from 7am to 11am. I arrived about 10:45 - 10:50 only to find that a majority of the breakfast items had already been put away and were not available. I could not even get a cup of orange juice. I scrounged what little was left and made due. Several people came in after I did, so I don't think I was too far out of line expecting a breakfast advertised until 11:00 to actually be available until 11:00. My final complaint is one that is probably true of many hotels and that is that the walls and ceiling seemed paper thin. You can far too easily hear people walking and talking almost as if they are in your room with you. Doors closed very loudly and often we could hear water from the upper floors running through the pipes in the walls. The room itself was decent and the bed was comfortable. The shower had very good water pressure and was fully adjustable. The wifi worked flawlessly and the 32" LCD TV was quite sufficient. Overall, I would give it a 2 1/2 star review. Not horrible, but it certainly could have been better with more effort and focus on customer service.

Room Tip: Get one on the top floor. In the lower rooms, you can easily hear people walking in rooms above and...
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Savannah-Midtown, responded to this review, 23 April 2013
Dear LorenR647,

Thank you for posting a review of our property. We welcome our guests’ insight as it makes us aware of the areas we can improve in. I was sorry to learn that you were disappointed with your stay as we always strive to provide a unique experience to all our guests. I sincerely apologize for any inconvenience you experienced due to the poor level of service received from our hotel staff and unacceptable noise you encountered. We have taken note and wish to thank you for all your valuable comments. These are of great importance to us and allow us to monitor and improve our service continually.

Once again, I do apologize and regret that this impacted your experience at our hotel. We hope that you will afford us another opportunity to show you how great our hotel is.

Zelyn N