All reviews room was clean historic district turkey sausage downtown savannah free breakfast breakfast bar front desk staff tybee island renovation
Reviewed 30 November 2013 via mobile

We spent one night on our way to Florida. Hotel was clean. Staff were efficient and friendly. Location is okay. Free breakfast was not up to the same caliber I normally find at Holiday Inn Express hotels.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
Chris M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Savannah-Midtown, responded to this reviewResponded 1 December 2013

Hello and thank you for choosing the Holiday Inn Express Savannah Midtown. If you come back to Savannah please stop by to say hello.

Reviewed 24 November 2013

As a platinum member (or any guest), it was not what I expected. Check-in was good; however as a platinum member we are supposed to get an upgrade and I was not even offered that. We were there during the Savannah marathon, so the rates were at I believe 160 a night plus tax--which I get, it's busy so maximize your revenue. But if they are going to charge high rates the product needs to deliver, which it did not. We checked into the room, the entire corridor smelled like smoke (and we were in a non-smoking room). The room was clean but the paint job looked like someone spackled the wall, did no sanding and painted over it in a bunch of places. The worst part of the stay was the constant banging of doors outside the room. We figured it was guests, but no, when we went out it was the housekeeping staff keeping the safety latch closed and going in and out of the rooms. I like to wake up early, but not to constant door slamming. It was a low-rent hotel charging premium prices. Would I stay again--no!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple

Hello and thank you for choosing the Holiday Inn Express Savannah Midtown. As a Platinum member upgrades are avaiable based on availability. The Rock and Roll Marathon weekend we completely booked and the suites were given to the guest that booked them. I do apologize for the dissapointment and the next time you come to Savannah contact me directly and I will make sure I take care of you and your family.

Reviewed 17 November 2013 via mobile

We arrived thinking we would have a suite since that is what we initially booked and confirmed over the phone. Didn't get the suite, because we were told they had no record of the request. So instead of a suite we got a room with no amenities that smelled like a dirty wet dog. Also we requested a late checkout which was also confirmed, however on checkout day we received a phone call from the front desk asking who we spoke with to approve late checkout. Since we were still in the room past the regular checkout time. Very poor front desk service.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Chris M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Savannah-Midtown, responded to this reviewResponded 19 November 2013

Hello,

First let me thank you for choosing the Holiday Inn Savannah Midtown. After looking at your reservations we see that booked a standard two queen room.. We didn't book suites with the group that you were with. All upgraded room types were booked by the coordinator of your group. My apologies for the misunderstanding.

Reviewed 10 November 2013

Girlfriends and I spent two nights at this hotel while in town for a running event. The rooms were clean with comfortable beds. The staff provided excellent customer service the entire weekend and accommodated many requests quickly, professionally, and with the nicest attitudes. We will stay here again next year.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
Chris M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Savannah-Midtown, responded to this reviewResponded 12 November 2013

Hello Ladies,

Thank you for choosing the Holiday Inn Express Savannah Midtown. We had a blast supporting all of the runners that stayed with us over the weekend. Hopefully next year I will be running with you guys. :)

Reviewed 8 November 2013

Priceline made a mistake and gave us a smoking room. The hotel won't switch us to non-smoking. This room reeks of cigaratte smoke. I have a headache and my throat and sinuses burn. I have to run a half marathon tomorrow. I will never stay here again.

Room Tip: Smoking room reeks - unless you are a smoker and don't care about your health, don't stay here.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family

Hello Ronn,

I would like to apologize for pricelin.com error. We were booked solid and had no where to move you. We only gave you what priceline.com booked for you. My apologies again.

Thanks,