“Normal Holiday Inn ..”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Savannah-Midtown
Ranked #71 of 114 Hotels in Savannah
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 31 December 2013 via mobile

This Holiday Inn is the typical chain hotel I'm accustom to .. As a platinum elite member I would like an occasional upgrade especially when there appear to be rooms available .. but I couldn't even get a small refrigerator .. so I had to chill my can sodas with ice.

At one point I needed to go to my car so I went to use the elevator, as I was on the top floor, and the janitor got in with a garbage bag then he proceeded to stop the elevator on every floor to pick up more garbage bags that were staged on each floor. After the first stop I got off and took the steps. Didn't feel like making a garbage run at the time.

I'm pretty burned out on the free breakfasts offered at these places so I didn't even bother to see what might have been .. I went to Hardee's and got me a biscuit.

This property is near plenty of dinner restaurants like Olive Garden, LoneStar, and Outback .. All within walking distance. Several shopping centers only a short drive away .. And downtown Savannah isn't that much of a trek either.

All in all I wasn't disappointed but they didn't WOW me either. I got what I paid for .. A place to sleep .. That's about all I can hope for these days ..

Stayed: January 2014
1  Thank Superior_Dave
Chris M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Savannah-Midtown, responded to this reviewResponded 8 January 2014

There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Savannah-Midtown

Reviewed 31 December 2013

The hotel was in a great location there were many restaurants near by which made getting dinner easy. The young man at the desk name Johnathan was very helpful and friendly at check in time. I will choose this hotel again when I vist the savannah area again.

• Stayed: December 2013

Reviewed 28 December 2013

The hotel was a bit difficult to find, because it is located off the road and the signage could be better. Many strip malls and businesses around.

However, check-in was efficient and uneventful. My room was on the fourth floor and rarely did I have to wait for an elevator.

The room was exactly what I had expected, although huge square footage. No issues encountered, except those square pillows that I dislike.

The lobby was spotlessly clean and pleasant. Standard breakfast, although well done, and in an actually dining room.

A decent place to stop on the long trip to Florida.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo

Hello,

Thank you for choosing the Holiday Inn Express Savannah Midtown. We are in contact with the Olive Garden to have them cut their trees that are blocking our sign. If you are in the area again, please contact me direct.

Reviewed 27 December 2013

This is a Standard Holiday Inn; don't expect much and you won't be disappointed. This is not a negative comment, just reality, Holiday Inns aren't 5 star hotels!

Breakfast was cold and disappointing, no coffee at first either. (I guess poor timing.)

Location is good, staff seems friendly.

Room Tip: Avoid pool end, first floor, a bit noisy in morning - housekeeping closet at that end of hall.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 26 December 2013

Checked in and was greeted by friendly staff members. was given a first floor room. Walked into room and girlfriend immediately noted a mold/ mildew smell. Talked to front desk staff who apologized and promptly gave us a room on a higher floor. Walked into that room, and still noticed a slightly mildewy smell, although it was significantly improved. I looked around the window sill and noticed several signs of water damage. I'm not sure if the hotel experienced a bad storm or internal water leak of some kind, but they should address it. Other than that it was a pretty standard good stay. I would recommend staying here, but would tell you to ask for a room on a higher floor.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business

Hello,

Thank you for choosing the Holiday Inn Express Savannah Midtown. On January 13, 2014 we are under going a small renovation.. On your next visit contact me direct and I will make sure it a perfect 10.

Reviewed 6 December 2013

Just like most other HIE you will have stayed at. Clean, friendly and a free breakfast (of basic quality). This particular location seemed very new. We had to stay here as we booked late (for the RnR Marathon) and everything else downtown/mid-town was full. The area is your typical suburbia and nothing special. If you must stay this far from downtown this HIE is a safe bet.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Chris M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Savannah-Midtown, responded to this reviewResponded 7 December 2013

Hello,

Thank you for staying at the Holiday Inn Express Savannah Midtown. Hopefully I'll be running with you guys next year. Wish me luck.

Reviewed 30 November 2013 via mobile

We spent one night on our way to Florida. Hotel was clean. Staff were efficient and friendly. Location is okay. Free breakfast was not up to the same caliber I normally find at Holiday Inn Express hotels.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
Chris M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Savannah-Midtown, responded to this reviewResponded 1 December 2013

Hello and thank you for choosing the Holiday Inn Express Savannah Midtown. If you come back to Savannah please stop by to say hello.

Yours in Service,