“Awful Experience!”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Orange
“Awful Experience!”
Reviewed 29 March 2014

We were put in a hand-cap accessible room by the elevator. The bathroom was dimly lit and had an iron & ironing board on the wall. It was more comparable to a laundry room. The next day we returned to our room a little after 4p.m. and it had not been cleaned. After a very long encounter with the manager a member of the housekeeping staff overheard and offered to help. We left for a few hours and returned to find our door propped open by the lock. The walls are paper thin. You hear doors closing and walking early in the morning and late at night. It is a long drive to the historical district. Save yourself and book somewhere else!

1 Thank bum1994
Chris M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Savannah-Midtown, responded to this review, 9 April 2014
Hello,

First let me apologize for any in convenience that you may have experienced at the Holiday Inn Express. We are under renovation and we expect it to be over mid May 2014. If you come back to the area, please contact me direct and I will personally make sure your next visit is a perfect 10.

Chris Manor

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
White Plains, New York
Reviewed 26 March 2014

This hotel was very well kept and the staff was fantastic. However, if you want to be near the historic district, be prepared to pay for a taxi or ride the bus. The bus takes about an forty five minutes to get downtown but it's only $1.50. A taxi will run between $20 and $30 dollars. There are restaurants in walking distance to the hotel. Carey Hilliard's is cheap and the food was fantastic as was the service. Dinner for less than $10. Taxi to the airport is about $50. Good safe neighborhood as well. I would recommend this hotel if you have a car and are going into the downtown area or if you do not mind paying for a taxi. Island Express is a great shuttle service for $20 round trip to downtown. Don't miss St. Patrick's Day in Savannah.

Room Tip: First Floor is very convenient
1 Thank Brian F
Hello,

Thank you for your nice comment. We are pleased that you enjoyed our hotel.

Houston
Reviewed 25 March 2014 via mobile

I was not told that the hotel would be remodeling when I made the reservation. I was put in a handicap accessible room that was by the elevator and given a room with double beds instead of a king bed. The restroom was very dark, the room did not have a lounge chair or table, did not have a box of tissues, the enter floor was sticky and did not have a microwave or fridge. They started drilling at 8:30 am. I called about the a/c not working and the clerk did not even apologize. Very disappointed.

• Stayed March 2014
3 Thank BettyBoop4930

Palm Coast, Florida
Reviewed 17 March 2014 via mobile

Pretty far away from river walk. But in a nice area. Has lots of restaurants near. I did see a bus , so if you download routes you should be able to get around.
We used car to get to trolley. So much fun. History abounds.

• Stayed February 2014
1 Thank JenniferN152201
Hello,

I hop your enjoyed your stay in Savannah. :)

Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 9 March 2014

My stay was just OK. Don't really have too much I would complain about this hotel except that I did hear doors slamming periodically during my one night stay. The front desk staff was very friendly, polite and helpful especially Jonathan he was great! Answered all my questions even recommended nearby spots to grab a meal. Jonathan always acknowledged me and my boyfriend as we passed by with a smile and cheerful attitude! I found the location to be further away from the historic district than I expected. Plus there is a lot of traffic and construction still ongoing in this area so be careful its fairly tricky finding the hotel! The entrance is quite difficult to locate. I found it only after calling ahead for landmarks! Look for The Olive Garden and Logan's.

There is lots of shopping nearby and plenty of restaurants in the area so I would say that part is good. I made several trips downtown and this location was not ideal. Tons of traffic on Saturday night so be careful as the construction in this area is tricky as I mentioned.

All in all, for a Holiday Inn it was VERY clean, friendly front desk staff, my room was decent and bed was comfortable. Breakfast was pretty good with hot/cold selections. I went down EARLY (that's the important word!) and found decent varieties. The coffee was very tasty HOT and delicious.

One suggestion I would make is that the cleaning staff needs to leave more than one packet of coffee in the room that's a bit on the skimpy side. My boyfriend had to go out and ask several times for packets. Check out was pretty quick, easy and simple. I would recommend this hotel just don't have high expectations and you wont be disappointed.

1 Thank Kristen K
Hello,

Thank you for the nice comment.

Woodstock, GA
Reviewed 14 February 2014 via mobile

My husband is taking me to Savannah for my birthday February 21-24. We love Holiday Inn Express and are sure this location will be no exception. I can't wait! I can smell the cinnamon rolls now! I cant imagine wanting to give any less than 5 stars. We have never found a Holiday Inn Express we were not happy with.

Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank JNGR
Hello,

I hope your stay was enjoyable at the Holiday Inn Express.

Columbus, Ohio
Reviewed 29 January 2014

Great hotel. We booked thru a discount site, so the price was great. The location is correct, Midtown, but its on the south end of Midtown. While its close to the historic district, I was hoping closer. It took a lot longer to get to the historic area then I expected. But the breakfast was great, the staff was very friendly, rooms were clean. Can't complain!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank cmhmomma
Hello,

First let me apologize on how long it took for me to respond. Thank you for your response. I look forward to your next visit.