Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Savannah-Midtown
US$191
US$188
US$182
  • Breakfast included
Best Western Central Inn(Savannah)(Great Value!)
US$86
  • Bar/Lounge
US$216
Doubletree.com
  • Pool
All reviewsroom was cleanhistoric districtbreakfast baryogurtshort drivesavannah midtownfront desk staffthe rooms were nicetybee islandtrip to savannahrenovationmicrowavefi
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 12 August 2014

WORST HOTEL EVER !!! First when we got there they didn't have the king room suite available that we booked! Front desk guy was a complete jerk!!! And lied to us and said that was not what we booked until my husband showed him on hotels.com our reservation. He then said he didn't have any of those rooms available so basically the room we paid for was given to someone else. We had to settle for a room with two queen beds and my husband is a big guy so we had to sleep in separate beds. We then asked him if there was feather in the room because we both have SEVERE feather allergies and he said he would walk with us to the room because housekeeping was gone for the day and this was at 6 pm!!!! When he got to the room they were feather pillows he then proceeded to remove all pillows and tell us they had no foam pillows and basically we would have to sleep with no pillows UNBELIEVABLE!!! My husband then proceeded to call hotels.com to find out if they could switch our hotel he of course overheard that and MAGICALLY appeared with foam pillows. In my opinion he was lazy and housekeeping wasn't there to do it so he didn't want to do it. He then put the pillows on the bed without ever saying a word to us. I was in complete shock he seriously expected us to not only take a room we didn't reserve but sleep with no pillows. Also the side entrance door had a sign on it saying due to recent thunderstorm the key reader was not working . And you could tell that sign had been up for awhile. So that door was left unlocked where basically anyone off the street could have wondered in thankfully at least our door locked but I prefer to stay in hotels with inside rooms as opposed to outside doors for safety reasons. What really blew my mind was there was no one else checking in at the same time as us so why he was so put out to cater to a severe allergy I could not understand . And had we not asked him if he was bringing foam pillows he would have just left us without pillows then he lied and said there were no foam ones but magically had them. This employee lied numerous times. My daughter is a student at savannah college of art and design so we travel to savannah a lot and will continue to travel there but we will NEVER stay at that hotel again. We have stayed at their sister property in the historical district and have never had an issue there that hotel is awesome and so friendly. That is where we will stay from now on. As I stated in my title WORST HOTEL STAY EVER ! And that employee should be reprimanded . Our stay was a one night stay on August 1, 2014

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Islandmamma
Bryon C, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Savannah-Midtown, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2014

Thank you for your review, Islandmamma. First, let me apologize for any inconvenience with your recent stay. We make every effort possible to provide only the best of service at all times. I have discussed this with my front desk staff and would like to pass along to all guests that we use down-alternative bedding that is feather free and allergen free. There was some confusion about this and we have corrected those issues. Secondly, our rear and side door locks are in the process of being repaired. We have contacted Onity and are awaiting the replacement parts to fix this. During the day we leave these doors open for ease of access for our guests, but these doors are all secured at night. The issues that you experienced are certainly not the norm for our guests and I hope you might give us an opportunity to "wow" you on your next trip. Should you find yourself in the Savannah area again, please contact me directly at the hotel and I will be sure you find your experience much better the second time around. Thank you again and safe travels.

Reviewed 10 August 2014

I just stayed here for a one night business trip on August 6-7, 2014. The room was clean except for the toilet. It was either stained or had a dirt ring around the water line. The AC worked really well while the outside temp was 100 degrees. Plenty of water pressure in the shower and no problems with hot water. They had sample size shampoo, conditioner, and lotion in the bathroom. As well as a coffee/tea maker in the bathroom. There was scaffolding and workers working outside the building, but this did not bother us, there was still plenty of parking. There was also a sign at the front desk that said due to a recent storm they were having problems with the card readers at the doors. We always used the front entry anyways and went up the elevator.

The business center is one computer/printer that I did use to print something on. There is free Wi-Fi thru-out the hotel.

Breakfast was OK for being included in the price. They had fruit, muffins, cinnamon rolls, instant oatmeal/grits, some kind of pancakes that were barely edible, eggs, sausage, biscuits, sausage gravy, and juices.

It's about a 10-15 minute drive to the riverfront. I have since looked at the prices of the hotels closer to the river and we would probably stay at this Holiday Inn again. It is very convenient to a lot of restaurants although we went down to the riverfront to eat.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank ata1976
Bryon C, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Savannah-Midtown, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2014

Thanks for the review, ata1976! We certainly appreciate you sharing your experience and allowing us to better our service. I am glad to announce that we have decided to install a water softening system in the hotel in the very near future to eliminate the calcification that you witnessed in the commode. Our housekeeping department works tirelessly to keep the facilities in top shape, but mother nature has a tenancy to make that difficult from time to time. Also, all of the exterior renovations that you mentioned are now complete and the scaffolding has been removed from our property, freeing up several parking spaces in the process. Again, thank you for taking the time to review our property and we hope that you might visit us again in the near future, so that you may take advantage of the newly renovated facilities! Thanks again and safe travels!

Reviewed 10 August 2014

I enjoyed my 3 night stay . The beds are very comfy n cozy the staff was nice n friendly. The bathrooms were very clean. This is a good place to stay in midtown. It is close to restaurants n only 8, miles from River street. An 30 min from Tybee Island

• Stayed: August 2014
1  Thank Carisa a

Thank you for your review, Carisa a! We are thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your stay and were able to visit some of the superb sights around the Savannah area. Thank you for your business and also for taking the time to share your good experience with other travelers. We hope to see you again in the near future! Safe travels!

Reviewed 4 August 2014

When we checked in they didn't have the room type we reserved. The clerk said that Hotels.com sent them the wrong information. I gave him my confirmation number and again he insisted Holtels.com made a mistake. We then told him that we were highly allergic to feather pillows. He agreed to remove them from the room. He did remove them, but told us they had no other pillows and we would have to sleep without them. I called Hotels.com customer service to see what they could do. After speaking with the clerk on the phone, he agreed that they had sent them the reservation correctly but that he didn't have the right type of room. About twenty minutes later he showed up with the non-feather pillows. The most frustrating thing about the whole situation was the clerk lying to us twice. Truly terrible customer service. I'd never stay at this hotel again. Also the outside key card reader to the side doors was broken so they just left them unlocked. Not very safe!

Room Tip: Stay at another hotel.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Bryon C, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Savannah-Midtown, responded to this reviewResponded 10 August 2014

Thank you for your honest review, Keith0827. First, let me apologize for the issues that you experienced during your stay with us. We work extremely hard to ensure all guest requests and needs are met to the best of our ability, but this cannot be the case all of the time. I will certainly discuss your comments with our front desk and housekeeping staff, as it would seem had dropped the ball in honoring your requests prior to arrival. We have an extremely limited number of non-allergenic pillows available currently and Jonathan did his best to try to locate these for you while also assisting other guests. I take this situation very seriously and will be sure to place an order for more of these allergen-free options this month to ensure their availability to our guests who require them. As for our rear door key readers not functioning, I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused. We have placed an order for the necessary replacement parts to repair the key readers and are working to have them repaired as quickly as is absolutely possible. Thank you again for your comments and we hope that you may allow us a second chance to provide you the level of service we pride ourselves on. If you find yourselves in the area anytime soon, please be sure to let me know so I can make arrangements for proper accommodations that would better fit your needs. Thank you again and have a wonderful afternoon. Safe travels!

Reviewed 2 August 2014

My boyfriend and I attended his family reunion. The family actually chose this location and some of the family members stayed there instead of staying with the local relatives. The room was decent, the staff was very friendly! My only complaint was that they ran out of towels and we had to wait for clean ones...Other than that ,we enjoyed our stay!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Thank you for your review, Pink F! We appreciate your family's business and hope that all of you were able to enjoy the reunion here in Savannah! I apologize for the issue that you experienced with our staff being short on towels during your stay and assure you that this has been quickly remedied! We had been awaiting a large order of brand new bath towels immediately prior to your stay, but I am pleased to let you know that they have now all been received, washed, folded and placed into circulation for our guest's enjoyment. Thank you again for your kind comments and we hope to see you again next year! Safe travels!