“Excellent Food, Unique Creations”

Paula Deen's Creek House Seafood & Grill
Ranked #13 of 914 Restaurants in Savannah
Price range: US$10 - US$37
Description: The newest addition to the Deen Family. Nestled under the palms of Turner's Creek, Paula Deen's Creek House offers a wide variety of southern classics and seafood favorites with a coastal, Savannah flair. Guests can enjoy a stunning, waterfront view and warm southern hospitality day or night. Serving up traditional seafood dishes and southern favorites including chargrilled oysters, shrimp 'n grits, and mouthwatering steaks, Creek House maintains a relaxing, family-oriented atmosphere for lunch and dinner.
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

This place had excellent food and service. We could have just eaten appetizers all night they were so good. The grilled oysters were delicious, the blue crab fingers were amazing and something I have never seen before, and the seafood hush puppies were great. The bread they brought out was the best I've ever had in a restaurant. Simply awesome!

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

My family and I have been to this restaurant previous times and it has always been a positive experience, accompanied by a delicious meal. Our most recent visit was quite different. I ordered the crab cakes, one of my favorite entrees, and they were so salty it was puckering! Even the fresh baked bread was salty, which was odd. When leaving the restaurant, the hostess asked how everything was and I informed her how salty my meal had been. She apologized, but never offered to get a manager to come speak with us. She was very young, which isn't a bad thing, but it may speak to her inexperience in handling guest complaints.

After returning home and discussing the situation with our other relatives, we decided to call the restaurant the next day. My mom who dined with me spoke with a manager named 'Tim' and he apologized and invited us back for dessert. When we got to the restaurant that evening, and explained our situation to the hostess (again, very young) she had no idea what we were talking about, so apparently management did not communicate the dessert comp down the chain. The hostess comes back out and asks what dessert we would like. One dessert total, or one for each of us? That part was very unclear...

We decided not to take our dessert to-go, but to stay and eat there just to see if we had experienced an off-night. While seated, we thought that at some point the manager would have come out and personally addressed us. The restaurant was not busy, and HE invited us back, so it isn't like he didn't know to expect us.

As someone who has worked in the hospitality industry for over six years, I would be very disappointed if one of my managers pulled that and I bet Ms. Paula Deen would have been too. I do hope that they improve their training practices for the hostesses and management, because it had been a really great place in the past, and the building and location is quite nice.

David H, Manager at Paula Deen's Creek House Seafood & Grill, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Maria,

This is Tim, I was expecting you all to come in that night! I am so ashamed/embarrassed that I missed y'all and would have certainly came out and talked with you and your family. I was expediting the food that evening and I wasn't informed that you all had arrived. I will be talking with my host staff regarding the importance of notifying the management when concerned guests ask for us specifically.
We value the opinions of every guest regarding every aspect of our business, and always try and remedy any concerns they see. Again I am so sorry that we didn't get to meet that evening, I was looking forward to talking with y'all.

We did find some prep issues with the crab cakes and adjusted that, and thank you for calling about that experience during your dinner.

Tim Turner

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

My second visit. One of the best places to eat in Savannah!! We did the buffet & it had everything you might want ..loved the fried chicken!! Can’t wait to go back.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Great setting on turners Creek! Staff was friendly. Food was delicious! Can't wait for the weather to cool off so we can hang out on the back deck

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

We always expect so much when Paula's name is attached to something. This place was in a great location and was nicely done. The menu is limited and the service friendly. The food however was great for the most part. Oysters were a little over cooked and the wedge with chicken added made the salad a little greasy. Which in turn resulted in not crisp lettuce. I do wish there had been actual slices of tomatoes and bacon so that you could taste them rather than chopped into rice size pieces losing the flavor. Other than the salad needing complete and I do mean complete makeovers it was good. I know the salad issue may not be important to some but when you do not eat seafood salads are essential for people trying to enjoy a meal with their family. Give the place a try for sure.

1  Thank sharonsmith7277
David H, Manager at Paula Deen's Creek House Seafood & Grill, responded to this reviewResponded 1 week ago

Thank you for your honest feedback. We are disappointed that we did not live up to our high standards on your visit. Feel free to contact us at creekhouse@dclfood.com to discuss your experience with a manager. We appreciate every comment as it only helps us to deliver a better experience for all of our guests. We hope you will consider giving us another shot to show you what we can really do!

David H